Looking to CCW - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Looking to CCW

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-29-2009, 04:37 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHLChris View Post
Education is a life-long process,
That's the damn truth! I work with so many people that have fallen into a groove of their job and don't want to learn anything else. Real sad too.

I have a 1st generation S&W Sigma 9mm, a Springfield XD .45 ACP and XDM40. My debate was between the .45 and the .40, or go and find a subcompact in either, or a 1911 in .45. Of course it's nice to have several pistols, but I was leaning towards a 1911 simply because i can have a round chambered and the hammer not cocked. My way of thinking is this would be the safest way to carry, but still be very quick to cock if I should have to draw it out of the holster. Someone please inform me if I am mistaken.

Also, there are several manufacturers that make a 1911, so I would have a little variety to choose from. Of course all of my thinking is not worth a damn thing if I don't spend time at the range practicing, preparing myself for what could happen, and staying informed on the laws.

Newest Threads