Local Story Today - - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Local Story Today -

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-26-2013, 01:26 AM   #11
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5659 Times on 2956 Posts
Likes Given: 374

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8oldguy View Post
I'm glad no one was hurt too badly. The "good guy" is just dumb. Keep in mind this fellow is walking around, in public, with a firearm. He's more of a danger to everyone than the bad guy.
i strongly disagree.

if the goblins had chosen to be civilized humans and not goblins they wouldnt have tried to rob anyone and no one would be in danger. even if the citizen had of shot a bystander by accident the sole responsibility would be the goblin's. THEY are the ones that put everyone in danger NOT the ccw person.

its very common for goblins to just kill every witness after a robbery happens all the time. waiting for the police and the robbery victims mmost liekly would have been murdered after cooperating with the goblins.

cooperating is a better way to get killed than fighting back

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

People Like This 
Old 12-26-2013, 01:35 PM   #12

Liked 388 Times on 224 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post

i strongly disagree.

if the goblins had chosen to be civilized humans and not goblins they wouldnt have tried to rob anyone and no one would be in danger. even if the citizen had of shot a bystander by accident the sole responsibility would be the goblin's. THEY are the ones that put everyone in danger NOT the ccw person.

its very common for goblins to just kill every witness after a robbery happens all the time. waiting for the police and the robbery victims mmost liekly would have been murdered after cooperating with the goblins.

cooperating is a better way to get killed than fighting back
I still think the guy was stupid for chasing a wounded man who was already running away. He was fleeing the scene and the gentleman who shot at him did not even have enough training to remove the safety. Also, like I said before, when the police apprehend a suspect, they don't press their gun to his temple until backup arrives. If they bg stops resisting then they will order him to the ground and keep their gun pointed and at the ready. This guy had good intentions, but he could've gotten himself shot by police. What he should have done, once he had the suspect pinned on the ground, as holster his gun and stay on the bad guys back. The bg had already given up and was complaining that he was wounded and needed to turn over. Pressing your gun to his temple could have resulted in the police killing the good guy. We all know that we are not the police and are not supposed to publicly chase down a bg and shoot at his back. I hold a ccw and appreciate the fact this gentleman may have prevented further blood shed. But, if I was in that situation and I drew my weapon, I would never attempt to fire on someone who was running away unless he had already shot someone.

Old 12-26-2013, 06:38 PM   #13

Liked 79 Times on 55 Posts

Luckiest mistake he ever made was not taking that safety off. I gotta assume he had the best intentions but went to far IMO.
1. He tried to shoot a fleeing suspect in the back. That's bad juju round here.
2. He carrying a 22, not trying to start a caliber debate but its been pretty well established that 22s while better than nothing are not the ideal caliber.

The bias was just steaming off that pile off SH*T So called reporting,...
Just makes me crazy the way liberals think they can sway public opinion with these rags like this. This "reporter" is a a$$clown.....

Old 12-29-2013, 05:32 PM   #14

Liked 268 Times on 196 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Here's my honest opinion. Regardles of how the article was written, the "citizen" was dead wrong in pursuing the robber. He's not security or a LEO. When you pursue, you become the aggressor. One of the primary rules of CCW is never become the aggressor. There is no self defense when you chase down a robber. He's lucky the police didn't shoot him.

Never waste time deciding between two guns....buy both of them.

Gatoragn Likes This 
Old 12-29-2013, 10:05 PM   #15

Liked 79 Times on 55 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missouribound View Post
Here's my honest opinion. Regardles of how the article was written, the "citizen" was dead wrong in pursuing the robber. He's not security or a LEO. When you pursue, you become the aggressor. One of the primary rules of CCW is never become the aggressor. There is no self defense when you chase down a robber. He's lucky the police didn't shoot him.
100% agree, not only became the aggressor but paused to try to shoot the guy in the back. Bad idea all around.. kinda sounds like he just wanted t shoot somebody. Not the caliber ccw holder we need representing the rest of us. Pun intended..lol
Old 12-30-2013, 02:58 AM   #16

Liked 104 Times on 87 Posts
Likes Given: 219

i see fault all the way around, in the "reporting", in the choices of the cc'er, in the "goblin", but not in the police, i believe they followed appropriate and logical safety precautions and procedure.