Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > A little discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2013, 06:19 PM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 9199 Times on 5056 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
One other thing. I would honestly be conflicted if i saw a known gun grabbing liberal being attacked on whether to use my gun to save them. I would call 911 but im not sure i would want to upset their moral superiority by me using a firearm to save them. It would be hard decision.
If I saw even the most heinous crimes being committed against someone I know to be a gun grabber, there would be no decision to be made. I would NOT help them myself. I would call 911 and walk away. If they want to take away others' right to self defense, then they can fend for themselves too.

Old 02-13-2013, 06:41 PM   #32

Liked 37 Times on 24 Posts
Likes Given: 24

My dad always had loaded guns in the house and when we had family gatherings, almost all of my uncle's and cousin's had loaded guns on them.
Now I will admit when my young male cousins would be here, they were always looking to get there hands on the guns because it is normal for boys to be interested in anything pertaining to weapons.(It's a macho thing).
I'm a girl and have always respected guns for what they are made for which is hunting and protection, while boys think guns were invented for them.
I have taken five gun classes over the last seven years and profited from each.
I would think that anyone without military or LEO training would profit by a firearms course.
I started my new job two weeks ago and will go to New Mexico for training on whatever it is I'll be doing.
I applied for this job in college three years ago and am so looking forward to a new career that pays other than $12.00 an hour which is pathetic for a college grad.
Sorry I got off the topic but I'm excited.

Old 02-13-2013, 06:57 PM   #33
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 690 Posts
Likes Given: 1752

The class is a good thing, in that it gives the gunner information that will help him/her to avoid getting into trouble. Discussions on the unpopular but ever-present gun-free zones, shoot/don't shoot decisions, safety considerations, and requiring the gunner to demonstrate that he/she can safely handle the gun.

Old 02-13-2013, 06:59 PM   #34
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by blindshooter View Post
My dad always had loaded guns in the house and when we had family gatherings, almost all of my uncle's and cousin's had loaded guns on them.
Now I will admit when my young male cousins would be here, they were always looking to get there hands on the guns because it is normal for boys to be interested in anything pertaining to weapons.(It's a macho thing).
I'm a girl and have always respected guns for what they are made for which is hunting and protection, while boys think guns were invented for them.
I have taken five gun classes over the last seven years and profited from each.
I would think that anyone without military or LEO training would profit by a firearms course.
I started my new job two weeks ago and will go to New Mexico for training on whatever it is I'll be doing.
I applied for this job in college three years ago and am so looking forward to a new career that pays other than $12.00 an hour which is pathetic for a college grad.
Sorry I got off the topic but I'm excited.
Good for you, ma'am. And best wishes for your new job.

Old 02-13-2013, 07:02 PM   #35
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
If I saw even the most heinous crimes being committed against someone I know to be a gun grabber, there would be no decision to be made. I would NOT help them myself. I would call 911 and walk away. If they want to take away others' right to self defense, then they can fend for themselves too.
But maybe if the grabber had his own life saved by a dirty, rotten, no-good gun owner, he may reconsider, and become one of our staunchest supporters.

Old 02-13-2013, 09:25 PM   #36

Liked 9199 Times on 5056 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIKIJUTSU View Post

But maybe if the grabber had his own life saved by a dirty, rotten, no-good gun owner, he may reconsider, and become one of our staunchest supporters.
That deals in "maybe". Dead is a definite.

Old 02-13-2013, 10:09 PM   #37

Liked 4573 Times on 2212 Posts
Likes Given: 1381

The fact that we need a permit at all is an infringement guys...

Training is certainly a good idea for anyone who's adopting the use of ANY new piece of equipment... HOWEVER...

our CCW Permit system is nothing more than another feel good piece of legislation issued by the Government to convince the lemmings that us scary newdrathals who think we need to carry a gun have at least been checked out and trained by their friendly neighborhood "here for your safety" Government Agency... PFFFT!

Yes, we needed to do it this way... to get it passed in the first place and prove that Americas streets would not become shooting galleries with CCW holders plugging each other over fender benders... But we've don't that.

The conversation we need to pushing at the State level should not be about mandatory classes unless it's to strike them down.

What we need to be pushing is the abolition of the CCW system with the acceptance that carrying a concealed pistol IS a birthright and it does not require a government boondoggle of taxpayer money to administrate.

Really, what's the purpose? To prove a gun packer is not a fellon? Um... Already illegal and CCW or not, an LEO encounter involving your gun is going see your information run through the system so... What are we accomplishing?

I've had mine for 17 years, maintain it, and follow the law... Not because I agree with the "requirement" but because it's a minor inconvenience to avoid a major problem should I ever need to use it.

Old 02-14-2013, 12:54 AM   #38
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 100 Times on 83 Posts
Likes Given: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIKIJUTSU View Post
Nah, he or she would probably support suing you for infringing on the rights of the alleged robber/killer.

Again, I do see the infringement arguments, but very few people these days grow up with the background many of us did. They haven't been exposed to firearms and do not know how to act in accordance. These are the people that cause the signs at the range on the doors that say; COLD RANGE-MAGAZINE OUT CHAMBER EMPTY ACTION LOCKED OPEN as well as the "If you experience a failure or jam LEAVE YOUR WEAPON ON THE RANGE" I can't tell you how many times my buddies at the range tell me about inexperienced people taking weapons with issues back into the store and basically pointing them at the staff saying "something is wrong with this." I've actually seen those idiots point a malfunctioning weapon at the staff. Hence this is why I think there needs to be some sort of class for those people. Therefore, how can we determine who "they" are? It would be discriminatory to do anything other than anyone. Perhaps if we suggested and instituted this, they could be convinced to back off other things we don't like

A good plan executed today is better than a perfect plan executed at some indefinite point in the future.
- General George Patton Jr

Last edited by GeneralPatton; 02-14-2013 at 12:57 AM.

Old 02-14-2013, 02:17 AM   #39

Liked 370 Times on 263 Posts
Likes Given: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1 View Post
The fact that we need a permit at all is an infringement guys...

Training is certainly a good idea for anyone who's adopting the use of ANY new piece of equipment... HOWEVER...

our CCW Permit system is nothing more than another feel good piece of legislation issued by the Government to convince the lemmings that us scary newdrathals who think we need to carry a gun have at least been checked out and trained by their friendly neighborhood "here for your safety" Government Agency... PFFFT!

Yes, we needed to do it this way... to get it passed in the first place and prove that Americas streets would not become shooting galleries with CCW holders plugging each other over fender benders... But we've don't that.

The conversation we need to pushing at the State level should not be about mandatory classes unless it's to strike them down.

What we need to be pushing is the abolition of the CCW system with the acceptance that carrying a concealed pistol IS a birthright and it does not require a government boondoggle of taxpayer money to administrate.

Really, what's the purpose? To prove a gun packer is not a fellon? Um... Already illegal and CCW or not, an LEO encounter involving your gun is going see your information run through the system so... What are we accomplishing?

I've had mine for 17 years, maintain it, and follow the law... Not because I agree with the "requirement" but because it's a minor inconvenience to avoid a major problem should I ever need to use it.
Brilliantly stated Tack! Thumbs up.

NEVER TAKE A SLEEPING PILL AND A LAXATIVE IN THE SAME NIGHT

Tackleberry1 Likes This 
Old 02-14-2013, 02:46 AM   #40

Liked 4573 Times on 2212 Posts
Likes Given: 1381

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
I agree with this COMPLETELY!

Any know gun grabber... Regardless of any appreciation they may feel in the moment... Would most likely turn on YOU with testimony that your actions were unwarranted.

Tack