Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > A little discussion

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2013, 06:19 PM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: West, by God, Funroe,Louisiana
Posts: 18,707
Liked 9199 Times on 5056 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
One other thing. I would honestly be conflicted if i saw a known gun grabbing liberal being attacked on whether to use my gun to save them. I would call 911 but im not sure i would want to upset their moral superiority by me using a firearm to save them. It would be hard decision.
If I saw even the most heinous crimes being committed against someone I know to be a gun grabber, there would be no decision to be made. I would NOT help them myself. I would call 911 and walk away. If they want to take away others' right to self defense, then they can fend for themselves too.
__________________
trip286 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 06:41 PM   #32
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 80
Liked 37 Times on 24 Posts
Likes Given: 24

Default

My dad always had loaded guns in the house and when we had family gatherings, almost all of my uncle's and cousin's had loaded guns on them.
Now I will admit when my young male cousins would be here, they were always looking to get there hands on the guns because it is normal for boys to be interested in anything pertaining to weapons.(It's a macho thing).
I'm a girl and have always respected guns for what they are made for which is hunting and protection, while boys think guns were invented for them.
I have taken five gun classes over the last seven years and profited from each.
I would think that anyone without military or LEO training would profit by a firearms course.
I started my new job two weeks ago and will go to New Mexico for training on whatever it is I'll be doing.
I applied for this job in college three years ago and am so looking forward to a new career that pays other than $12.00 an hour which is pathetic for a college grad.
Sorry I got off the topic but I'm excited.

__________________
blindshooter is offline  
3
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 06:57 PM   #33
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Pendleton, 29670,South Carolina
Posts: 2,518
Liked 1175 Times on 690 Posts
Likes Given: 1752

Default

The class is a good thing, in that it gives the gunner information that will help him/her to avoid getting into trouble. Discussions on the unpopular but ever-present gun-free zones, shoot/don't shoot decisions, safety considerations, and requiring the gunner to demonstrate that he/she can safely handle the gun.

__________________
AIKIJUTSU is offline  
HOSSFLY Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 06:59 PM   #34
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Pendleton, 29670,South Carolina
Posts: 2,518
Liked 1175 Times on 690 Posts
Likes Given: 1752

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blindshooter View Post
My dad always had loaded guns in the house and when we had family gatherings, almost all of my uncle's and cousin's had loaded guns on them.
Now I will admit when my young male cousins would be here, they were always looking to get there hands on the guns because it is normal for boys to be interested in anything pertaining to weapons.(It's a macho thing).
I'm a girl and have always respected guns for what they are made for which is hunting and protection, while boys think guns were invented for them.
I have taken five gun classes over the last seven years and profited from each.
I would think that anyone without military or LEO training would profit by a firearms course.
I started my new job two weeks ago and will go to New Mexico for training on whatever it is I'll be doing.
I applied for this job in college three years ago and am so looking forward to a new career that pays other than $12.00 an hour which is pathetic for a college grad.
Sorry I got off the topic but I'm excited.
Good for you, ma'am. And best wishes for your new job.
__________________
AIKIJUTSU is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 07:02 PM   #35
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Pendleton, 29670,South Carolina
Posts: 2,518
Liked 1175 Times on 690 Posts
Likes Given: 1752

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
If I saw even the most heinous crimes being committed against someone I know to be a gun grabber, there would be no decision to be made. I would NOT help them myself. I would call 911 and walk away. If they want to take away others' right to self defense, then they can fend for themselves too.
But maybe if the grabber had his own life saved by a dirty, rotten, no-good gun owner, he may reconsider, and become one of our staunchest supporters.
__________________
AIKIJUTSU is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 09:25 PM   #36
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: West, by God, Funroe,Louisiana
Posts: 18,707
Liked 9199 Times on 5056 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIKIJUTSU View Post

But maybe if the grabber had his own life saved by a dirty, rotten, no-good gun owner, he may reconsider, and become one of our staunchest supporters.
That deals in "maybe". Dead is a definite.
__________________
trip286 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 10:09 PM   #37
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Tackleberry1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Vancouver,WA
Posts: 5,829
Liked 4573 Times on 2212 Posts
Likes Given: 1381

Default

The fact that we need a permit at all is an infringement guys...

Training is certainly a good idea for anyone who's adopting the use of ANY new piece of equipment... HOWEVER...

our CCW Permit system is nothing more than another feel good piece of legislation issued by the Government to convince the lemmings that us scary newdrathals who think we need to carry a gun have at least been checked out and trained by their friendly neighborhood "here for your safety" Government Agency... PFFFT!

Yes, we needed to do it this way... to get it passed in the first place and prove that Americas streets would not become shooting galleries with CCW holders plugging each other over fender benders... But we've don't that.

The conversation we need to pushing at the State level should not be about mandatory classes unless it's to strike them down.

What we need to be pushing is the abolition of the CCW system with the acceptance that carrying a concealed pistol IS a birthright and it does not require a government boondoggle of taxpayer money to administrate.

Really, what's the purpose? To prove a gun packer is not a fellon? Um... Already illegal and CCW or not, an LEO encounter involving your gun is going see your information run through the system so... What are we accomplishing?

I've had mine for 17 years, maintain it, and follow the law... Not because I agree with the "requirement" but because it's a minor inconvenience to avoid a major problem should I ever need to use it.

__________________
Tackleberry1 is offline  
2
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 12:54 AM   #38
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 1,036
Liked 100 Times on 83 Posts
Likes Given: 42

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIKIJUTSU View Post
But maybe if the grabber had his own life saved by a dirty, rotten, no-good gun owner, he may reconsider, and become one of our staunchest supporters.
Nah, he or she would probably support suing you for infringing on the rights of the alleged robber/killer.

Again, I do see the infringement arguments, but very few people these days grow up with the background many of us did. They haven't been exposed to firearms and do not know how to act in accordance. These are the people that cause the signs at the range on the doors that say; COLD RANGE-MAGAZINE OUT CHAMBER EMPTY ACTION LOCKED OPEN as well as the "If you experience a failure or jam LEAVE YOUR WEAPON ON THE RANGE" I can't tell you how many times my buddies at the range tell me about inexperienced people taking weapons with issues back into the store and basically pointing them at the staff saying "something is wrong with this." I've actually seen those idiots point a malfunctioning weapon at the staff. Hence this is why I think there needs to be some sort of class for those people. Therefore, how can we determine who "they" are? It would be discriminatory to do anything other than anyone. Perhaps if we suggested and instituted this, they could be convinced to back off other things we don't like
__________________

A good plan executed today is better than a perfect plan executed at some indefinite point in the future.
- General George Patton Jr


Last edited by GeneralPatton; 02-14-2013 at 12:57 AM.
GeneralPatton is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 02:17 AM   #39
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
tomgodd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: VineGrove,Kentucky
Posts: 1,235
Liked 370 Times on 263 Posts
Likes Given: 48

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1 View Post
The fact that we need a permit at all is an infringement guys...

Training is certainly a good idea for anyone who's adopting the use of ANY new piece of equipment... HOWEVER...

our CCW Permit system is nothing more than another feel good piece of legislation issued by the Government to convince the lemmings that us scary newdrathals who think we need to carry a gun have at least been checked out and trained by their friendly neighborhood "here for your safety" Government Agency... PFFFT!

Yes, we needed to do it this way... to get it passed in the first place and prove that Americas streets would not become shooting galleries with CCW holders plugging each other over fender benders... But we've don't that.

The conversation we need to pushing at the State level should not be about mandatory classes unless it's to strike them down.

What we need to be pushing is the abolition of the CCW system with the acceptance that carrying a concealed pistol IS a birthright and it does not require a government boondoggle of taxpayer money to administrate.

Really, what's the purpose? To prove a gun packer is not a fellon? Um... Already illegal and CCW or not, an LEO encounter involving your gun is going see your information run through the system so... What are we accomplishing?

I've had mine for 17 years, maintain it, and follow the law... Not because I agree with the "requirement" but because it's a minor inconvenience to avoid a major problem should I ever need to use it.
Brilliantly stated Tack! Thumbs up.
__________________

NEVER TAKE A SLEEPING PILL AND A LAXATIVE IN THE SAME NIGHT

tomgodd is offline  
Tackleberry1 Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 02:46 AM   #40
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Tackleberry1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Vancouver,WA
Posts: 5,829
Liked 4573 Times on 2212 Posts
Likes Given: 1381

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
If I saw even the most heinous crimes being committed against someone I know to be a gun grabber, there would be no decision to be made. I would NOT help them myself. I would call 911 and walk away. If they want to take away others' right to self defense, then they can fend for themselves too.
I agree with this COMPLETELY!

Any know gun grabber... Regardless of any appreciation they may feel in the moment... Would most likely turn on YOU with testimony that your actions were unwarranted.

Tack
__________________
Tackleberry1 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Join The Discussion Vikingdad The Club House 17 01-19-2013 12:06 PM
Up For Discussion - The Aftermath Dillinger The Club House 34 06-13-2012 07:53 AM
Five-Seven discussion anyone? Broke124 Semi-Auto Handguns 4 11-29-2011 01:30 AM
New Here, SIG Discussion SIGe-nox General Handgun Discussion 3 06-15-2009 10:34 PM