Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Lessons learned from a off duty officer

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-17-2011, 07:05 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Lessons learned from a off duty officer

This is an old post about an off-duty Officer who was involved in a shoot out at Mcdonalds.

Someone just shared this with me, it was a good read, you may have read it already, if not here you go

Lessons learned from an off-duty officer involved in fatal shootout at a McDonald

and here's a video showing that a few rounds won't just drop an armed suspect instantly

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=df4_1308196520

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-17-2011, 07:12 AM   #2

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Very good read. very true

Integrity is doing good even when no-one is looking

Originally posted by Skullcrusher: "I believe the fact that you are LEO speaks for itself. When talking about strong women and guns, you are implied in every statement."

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpttango30 View Post
Glass is proof that women have control over everything in the world.
Quote:
Originally Posted by M14sRock View Post
Glass has now achieved "Goddess Status" in my mind. I'm not worthy.....

Old 07-17-2011, 07:46 AM   #3

That was a shocking read. I don't know how anyone can kill another human being. Shocking!! Sometimes if you try to talk nicely, people would be willing to cooperate with you.

Old 07-17-2011, 07:47 AM   #4

Default intense

It's hard to imagine what it must feel like to do the right thing and have such a horrible outcome. It makes sense though sometimes you gotta let em get away. As far as the video goes that jackass had it coming to shoot at someone who has surrendered is disgusting, thank the lord he was a horrible shot.

Where no man has gone before

Old 07-17-2011, 08:07 AM   #5

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankie331978 View Post
That was a shocking read. I don't know how anyone can kill another human being. Shocking!! Sometimes if you try to talk nicely, people would be willing to cooperate with you.
You are so right, talking nicely is always the right answer

I should of talked nice to that gang member in California that shot at me and shot my girlfriend because he mistaked our car for a rival gang members car and just decided to open fire at us.

I think you're in the wrong forums Frankie, the Brady campaign forum is elsewhere, try googling it

Old 07-17-2011, 01:43 PM   #6

Liked 38 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankie331978 View Post

I’m sorry, I don’t think I really understand your comment. Are you saying the officer in the article should have talked some more to the guy that just robbed the McDonalds? From what I read he identified himself and then the bad guy cut loose on him.

Other than identifying yourself and telling the guy to drop the gun what other “talking” do you think needs to be done? Trust me, people who use guns, rob people and are caught in the process of doing that are not really receptive to conversation.

Scubie

Old 07-17-2011, 03:25 PM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1455 Times on 750 Posts
Likes Given: 1209

Re: Lessons learned from an off-duty officer involved in fatal shootout at a McDonald’s

Sometimes when you ‘win’, you lose.

Old 07-17-2011, 03:51 PM   #8

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

stuff like this happens more then it should (robbings, innocents in the crossfire). Training kicks in and thoughts you would normally have go out the window. Just thinking a lot of training that I've seen people doing just involves them, self survival. I can say I would have done the same things in his shoes.

"ever man out here has a timer, no one know how long it will take but no one last forever"
Sargent Miller

"cake or death! I'll have the cake then... SORRY WHERE OUT OF CAKE!... so it's or death? I'll have the chicken then please." Eddy Izzard

"so a suppose your going to kill me now? no he is I'm just here to watch"

"you know why guns are better then a woman?... you can put a silencer on a gun."

Old 07-17-2011, 06:35 PM   #9
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 4512 Times on 2373 Posts
Likes Given: 258

Quote:
Originally Posted by indyfan View Post
This is an old post about an off-duty Officer who was involved in a shoot out at Mcdonalds.

Someone just shared this with me, it was a good read, you may have read it already, if not here you go

Lessons learned from an off-duty officer involved in fatal shootout at a McDonald
this is a perfect example of survivor regret. he is falsely what ifing himself into a bad corner. going down that same path what if he let the goblin go and the goblin on his way out grabbed on of his kids stole a car then brutally raped and strangled the kid... sometimes you do the right thing and bad things still happen. but you CANNOT stand there and do the wrong thing by letting a goblin have his way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by indyfan View Post
and here's a video showing that a few rounds won't just drop an armed suspect instantly

LiveLeak.com - Suspect Gets 26 Years in Attempted Murder of Officer - Video Released 6/15/11
this vid illustrates perfectly why ccw/oc is so important. note the time frame from when the officer called to the time the police showed. even officers with a vested interest in being there take minutes to arrive.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 07-17-2011, 07:15 PM   #10

Liked 26 Times on 21 Posts

The lesson learned here is when someone has a gun in their hand, making demands, threats or pointing it and doing both, any defensive action against this individual better be quick, and without hesitation. One can train and train countless various scenarios, but it really hits home when your actions depends on your or your loved one's life, in the final outcome.

There is always a variable in any given scenario that cannot be counted on in these situations and that's innocent by-stander casualties. Sometimes, sh!t happens.

I would have most likely handled it the same way.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

“The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.”