Less Lethal, but still with a serious punch?? - Page 4
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection >

Less Lethal, but still with a serious punch??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2011, 04:51 PM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Taser C2. This device has a 30-second ride, which is six times longer than a police Taser. The device is designed to shoot your attacker, then drop the Taser and flee while the bad guy is doing the funky chicken. With an official police report documenting the self defense use, Taser will send you a new C2 for free. Can't beat that.

You can also disconnect the air cartridge and drive-stun with the C2.

The Kimber Pepper Blasters are another great choice.

Less Lethal, but still with a serious punch?? - Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection

An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last. -Winston Churchill

Old 02-01-2011, 05:12 PM   #32

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

No TASERs or stun guns allowed in Chicago..... just like MA

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

Old 02-01-2011, 05:19 PM   #33

Liked 25 Times on 15 Posts
Likes Given: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnthmn2004 View Post
CT allows them for home defense but you can not carry them.

Old 02-01-2011, 05:23 PM   #34

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3489 Times on 1612 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Yup. We have a top quality stunner. XM-18 or something like that. Black and yellow, kind of squarish. Front pops off and you can put another cartridge on should you need to do so. But she can't take it because it's Chicago.

So, pepper type spray it is. I am sure she won't need it but....

I sent her the link on the pink one Photoshop Ninja linked me and she is in love, so we will be getting a couple of those. One for her, one for the boss lady just in case.

Thanks folks......

Old 02-01-2011, 05:28 PM   #35

Liked 3740 Times on 1828 Posts
Likes Given: 13270

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bighead View Post
Taser C2. This device has a 30-second ride, which is six times longer than a police Taser. The device is designed to shoot your attacker, then drop the Taser and flee while the bad guy is doing the funky chicken.
Quote:
Yeah well who cares. Hit the bad guy with that thing, drop it and walk away. I'd rather be a fugitive and alive than be law abiding and dead.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

"either way, you were guilty by association, so you were smited...." JD

Old 02-01-2011, 06:15 PM   #36

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Absolutely ridiculous. I guess the only thing you're allowed to do in Chicago is be a victim.

I cannot understand how people can continue to be anti-gun when the harshest jurisdictions in this country are the most violent. You would think that would be evidence enough.

It's to bad that it's not economically feasible for defense minded people to simply flee these hippie-dippy jurisdictions.

An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last. -Winston Churchill

Old 02-01-2011, 06:28 PM   #37

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gojubrian View Post
I would go with the taser and pepperspray. Spray first, then taze. Mainly, she needs to be taught basic safety awareness.
You're not gonna get a Taser or any projectile firing weapon through TSA checked or unchecked. I have a Taser C2 and wanted to use it while traveling to/from downtown New Orleans every month for offshore crew change. I ended up asking TSA personally and got a resounding NO (nothing made it to my destination airport folded up still after that either)! In my limited military training, pepper spray is mostly worthless. You're going to take an a$$ beating and/or mortal damage if you hit someone with it mid-strike. There's really no point for me to depend on it then. It MIGHT gain you a 1/2 sec to land a physical strike and get away... It's not nearly as easy as they make it out to be to hit someone in the face where it is effective. I'm talking about not walking around with it deployed 24/7 in hand (trigger guard on also) to effectively incapacitating someone who suddenly attacks you. Talk about Hollywood BS! They used to issue that crap (and later capsacian) to us at the gates at Norfolk Naval Base. I knew it was joke after we trained with it as Aux Security Force back then. The only time it seemed to actually work is as an offensive weapon. We're not Dog the Bounty Hunter. We can't use bear mace cannisters with offensive tactics against "possible future attackers" and expect the law to side with us (and for good reason). The best defense we have while traveling is the state of casual alertness like you mentioned. TSA can't take that away! I am sure your wife will be fine. If I were a betting man, I'd bet you have had her involved in enough self defense and environmental alertness to be just fine while traveling. I'm with you Dillinger. I don't really believe in less lethal alternatives either. I do believe in meeting less lethal offense with less lethal defense but if someone really wants to hurt me bad, I want them incapacitated in a way that only a bullet does well.

Last edited by fixxer; 02-01-2011 at 06:35 PM.

Old 02-01-2011, 10:03 PM   #38
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 3586 Times on 1841 Posts
Likes Given: 400

We use the First Defense OC and it is pretty good. The main drawback is the nitrogen propellant mandates an upright orientation when deployed. I have experimented with American Defense from AIE Technology. They use a liquid propellant used in phamaceutical sprays that allows deployment from any position. 3.95 oz MK4 canister may be ok in checked luggage. This stuff does have a pretty serious kick.

Old 02-05-2011, 12:10 AM   #39

Wasp spray for self defense is a bad idea. It is a myth! Stick with the Pepper Spray. Wasp spray is unproven and has never been tested on humans. Wasp Spray will NOT work on those who cannot feel pain i.e. drugs or alcohol. Pepper Spray is an inflammatory which will cause the eyes to slam shut no matter the situation. Thatís why over 40,000 law enforcement agencies carry it nationwide and even the smallest canisters will fire 10 ft while the larger will canisters will fire 25 to 30 ft.

Old 02-05-2011, 12:48 PM   #40
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 73 Times on 47 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
Sorry accidentally hit thumb down trying to do quote. My touch screen made me miss. Anyway your prolly right. I do wory too much heh.
I can (and do) over-look a lot... but not this again. There is no PROLLY. The word is "PROBABLY". I can deal with your "wory" as it appears to be a typo.

I don't mean to be pissy, but "prolly" makes you look, well... "not so sharp". 2A advocates need to be sharp, intelligent, and appear somewhat educated.

---------------

JD,

There's no easy answer for you. I did see some reasonably good responses but the bottom line will be what your your wife is willing to try. My wife carries a big stack of keys on a big key chain, when she travels. Lots of knock-down mass, it will pass through security, and everyone has keys.

Last edited by Mark F; 02-05-2011 at 12:55 PM.