Less Lethal, but still with a serious punch?? - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Less Lethal, but still with a serious punch??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2011, 03:06 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3478 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Nice! Thanks Dan, that is along the lines of what I am looking for. The fact that the damn thing comes in pink will be an easy sell as well.

JD

Old 02-01-2011, 03:17 PM   #22

Liked 5 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
Nice! Thanks Dan, that is along the lines of what I am looking for. The fact that the damn thing comes in pink will be an easy sell as well.

JD
The breast cancer awareness one would be even easier to sell. Just be sure to do your homework as to not get one with tear gas.

Tear Gas

No Tear Gas

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

Old 02-01-2011, 03:25 PM   #23

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrJason View Post
Checked baggage too?!?!?!? I obviously understand carry on and not on person but what is the rational in not allowing in the checked?

For my wife, I prefer the pepper spray with tear gas and UV dye.
I thought it maybe would be a problem with the sealed pressurized canister in an unpressurized cargo area, but I know $hit about airtravel

----------Gate
It's time to burn it down

Old 02-01-2011, 03:28 PM   #24

Liked 25 Times on 15 Posts
Likes Given: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnthmn2004 View Post
The breast cancer awareness one would be even easier to sell. Just be sure to do your homework as to not get one with tear gas.

Tear Gas

No Tear Gas
Why no tear gas? I was told by a cop that the one with tear gas was better at slowing down an assailant.

Albert Einstein "The important thing is not to stop questioning"

Old 02-01-2011, 03:36 PM   #25

Liked 5 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatekeeper View Post
I thought it maybe would be a problem with the sealed pressurized canister in an unpressurized cargo area, but I know $hit about airtravel
Cargo areas are generally pressurized. How else would checked dogs and cats survive above 14,000 ft. Even if they weren't, I would not be worried about a small can of OC Spray. It certainly would ruin your trip if it exploded amongst all your cloths though .

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

Old 02-01-2011, 03:40 PM   #26

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3478 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Cargo areas are generally pressurized. How else would checked dogs and cats survive above 14,000 ft. Even if they weren't, I would not be worried about a small can of OC Spray. It certainly would ruin your trip if it exploded amongst all your cloths though .
My thoughts exactly. I imagine the compartments are pressurized, but with my luck she will be flying the one airline that DOESN'T and will ruin her suits for the meetings. That is why I have a back up plan of a very small Pelican case that I will Gorilla Tape closed.

Old 02-01-2011, 03:41 PM   #27

Liked 5 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrJason View Post
Why no tear gas? I was told by a cop that the one with tear gas was better at slowing down an assailant.
I'm guessing because tear gas is potentially flammable.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

Old 02-01-2011, 03:47 PM   #28

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
My thoughts exactly. I imagine the compartments are pressurized, but with my luck she will be flying the one airline that DOESN'T and will ruin her suits for the meetings. That is why I have a back up plan of a very small Pelican case that I will Gorilla Tape closed.
Like I said I'm clueless about airtravel. Never flown before
I just thought I remembered hearing stories about peoples shampoo bottles and stuff blowing up in their luggage

----------Gate
It's time to burn it down

Old 02-01-2011, 03:57 PM   #29
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8708 Times on 3768 Posts
Likes Given: 1339

I spoke too soon. There IS a provision to transport ONE small OC spray in CHECKED baggage. Below is cut & paste from TSA website:

Traveling with self-defense spray (also called pepper spray)? Self-defense sprays are either aerosols or non-pressurized (pump devices) that, when used, have an irritating or incapacitating effect on a person or animal. Self defense spays if released in the cabin of an aircraft can present a significant safety concern because of their potential affect on passengers and crew. For this reason you should never pack self-defense sprays in your carry-on luggage or carry them on your person when traveling by air. Many people consider self-defense spray to be an essential personal security need, therefore, the US DOT has made an allowance for their carriage in checked luggage. Whether you are a security consultant or a private citizen, you may bring ONE small self-defense spray with you when you travel by air. For more information on traveling with self-defense spray see DOT regulations, 49 CFR §175.10(a)(9). Before you pack a self-defense spray ensure that all of the following criteria are met:
You may NOT travel with:
•Do not bring more than one self-defense spray (see 49 CFR §171.8);
•Be sure it does not exceed 118 mL (4 fluid ounces);
•Ensure that the device incorporates a positive means to prevent accidental discharge (e.g., a safety latch or cap); and
•Pack the self-defense spray in checked baggage only in a manner that will prevent damage or inadvertent release (e.g., pack in a protective case, ensure it is protected from other items in your baggage that may crush or damage it, pack it in a manner that protects it in case the checked baggage is dropped or damaged during handling).
Your safety and the safety of others depends on your personal actions so be a safe and educated traveler!.
Note: self-defense sprays are forbidden (even in checked baggage) outside the United States. It is recommended that you check with your airline regarding regulations at your destination.

<--- Your Moderators at our weekly Troll Hunt

Old 02-01-2011, 04:30 PM   #30

Liked 2394 Times on 1072 Posts
Likes Given: 2303

Quote:
I'm guessing because tear gas is potentially flammable.

I've been thru tear gas many times and it wouldn't stop a dead cat.