Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > LEOs, your biggest concern when carrying. Not everyone is on the bad side.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2011, 06:30 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 38 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastline View Post
My only complaint there is that "diffusement" usually comes with eating pavement, a knee in the back of your neck, and a bunch of confused screaming from officers...lol

You have been watching to many re-runs of Cops bud.

If you do what the officer says and when he says it you won't get to eat pavement or a knee in the back of the neck. You only see that type of force when a suspect refuses to do what he is instructed to do and only after being told numerous times. Of course there is always a herring in the mackerel barrel as nothing is guaranteed

Scubie

Old 02-07-2011, 06:44 PM   #22
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3471 Times on 1606 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Seriously, I have to agree with Scubie.

We had a shooting downtown in Seattle ( have you SEEN how trigger happy and over reactionary our guys have been lately ) a few months back. This was before the woodcarver, but AFTER the girl "getting punched in the face" issue and after the girl getting beaten half to death in the subway tunnel.

Guy was carrying, badguy was acting all tough, pushing people around, trying to intimidate and got in citizen's face. Shoved him, started to beat on him after words were exchanged. Citizen pulls weapon and puts bad guy down hard ( Someone call 911 and get EMT en route please ).

I am not sure if he did any CPR or anything like that, but I do know he did not flee the scene, make any calls or anything like that. I presume he was in shock. When Seattle PD arrived the citizen had sat down on the curb, locked the slide open on his weapon and had it setting on his shoes with his head in his hands. When the officer arrived and asked what happened he very clearly stated he was the guy the cops were looking for and that he had shot the guy in question. No muss, no fuss.

I do not believe he was even taken into custody, and no charges were ever filed. The thing is in how he acted and how he responded when the police arrived.

Now, if he was still in "on" mode and was swinging his pistol from side to side, refusing orders, posing a "threat" I can see the situation going a bit differently.

As Dave Chappelle once famously illustrated (NSFW - look it up), when confronted by the Police, don't be a afraid to do as you are told and STFU.