LEO encounter - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > LEO encounter

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-20-2011, 08:42 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I do my cardio walk every day. Me and my little buddy meet and greet a lot of neighbors.
Today a Deputy happened to be in the neighborhood and gave me a good once over. I think he must have been looking for someone. I smiled and waved, he waved back as he cruised on up the street.
Around the big block, he was coming the other way and he smiled and waved. He initiated the second greeting. Thanks! I said through his open side window.
I always respect the badge. And know several officers. One of the kids my wife has watched when needed is a Sheriff/Trainer. We've been camping with them and share Christmas parties.
Real folks, who have taken an oath to put their life on the line against criminals who are generally nondescript until it can be life threatening.
I always hope and pray they will make it home safe.

Old 06-21-2011, 01:53 AM   #22

Liked 68 Times on 53 Posts
Likes Given: 113

It's really nice to read stories like these.

Old 06-23-2011, 05:26 AM   #23

Liked 52 Times on 33 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I live in California and I can tell you gun owners here for the most part are treated like dog do do. Last year I was shooting at the local indoor pistol range and as I was on my home I passed an old abandoned airforce base I was pulled over by the sherrifs dept because they suspected someone with a vehicle like mine had been steeling copper off the base. The officer asked if he could search my vehicle . I said sure I have nothing to hide. Officer asked if I had any firearms in my vehicle I said yes sir about 5 pistols in my gun bag in back of my suv. He asked if any were loaded I said no sir. He called for back up two more patrol cars showed up . The officer ran each and every serial number .Took them about half an hour. Then the officer asked me why I had so many guns. I replied that guns were my hobby. MY 15 year old son was with me so the officer asked me if I let him shoot my guns and I replied yes. They let me go but told me I should have gun locks on all my guns while IM transporting them to and from the range. Some counties here will issue ccw permits and some refuse to. It just depends which county you live in.

Old 07-01-2011, 01:04 PM   #24

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

are you talking about benn. vt. if so i grew up about 9 miles or so from there, pownal,vt. moved to ga. in 2001, its a different way of life for shure,