Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f17/)
-   -   Legal membership? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f17/legal-membership-67652/)

michigan0626 07-05-2012 09:13 AM

Legal membership?

A membership product that could possibly save your life. Not your living breathimg life, but more like your livilyhood. On youtube I saw an ad for CCW SAFE. It is a yearly membership for legal representation for any criminal, civil, ir adminstrative legal proceedings that might take place from a use of force incident. It is essentially prepaid legal. You pay about $100 for a yearly membership and I believe that all legal bills are covered. I dont think they would cover civil damages though.

So,basically if you are involved in a shooting that saved your life you dont have to worry about possibly going bankrupft from legal fees. If the legal representation is top notch, I wouldnt mind buying this for the next 50 years, even if I never have to use it. Fcuk obamacare, but this should be "insurance" all ccw (and oc) carriers should carry. The more members, the better lawyers they can hire.

It helps you out during a very tramatic moment in yohr life. The chances of you needing it is small. But if you do have it, then yiu are adding to the pool to help out a fellow carrier who currently needs it.

What do you guys think of a ccw prepaid legal defense membership?
ccwsafe.com

mountainman13 07-05-2012 12:19 PM

http://www.nra.org/benefits.aspx

With this place you get life insurance, insurance for your guns and the best lawyers in the country.

MKeeney 09-04-2013 11:20 PM

My name is Mike Keeney and I am a sales rep for CCW Safe. I’ll be happy to tell you about what we do..

First, we’re not an insurance company, we’re a member services organization. We provide legal representation in the event one of our members is involved in a self defense incident. We provide the lawyer(s), experts, investigators and cover the expenses of the trial for things like depositions, exhibits, etc. Members have this service for any criminal, civil or administrative action resulting from a self defense occurrence. We also cover all appeals just the same as we do the initial trial.

Membership requires a valid CCW Permit and coverage is extended to any state in which your permit is valid. CCW permits from multiple states are acceptable.

Unlike insurance or other competitors, we do not have limits on your coverage. Whatever it takes, we got your back. There are no tiers or dollar limits on representation. We don't reimburse you after you're found not guilty, we cover everything upfront.

Our members enjoy representation for all criminal, civil and administrative actions. So if you’re involved in a self defense incident and are arrested and charged, we will represent you for the criminal trial. If the person you were defending yourself against, or his/her surviving relatives, decide to sue you for damages in civil court, we will also provide representation for that. If your gun is seized or your permit revoked, we still got your back.

Another interesting aspect of our membership is, we will still represent you in a self defense incident, even if you use a weapon of opportunity other than a gun. If you’re a member in good standing and you have to defend yourself with a baseball bat, we got your back.

There are also no limits as to how many times you can have representation. We don’t throw you out if you had to call us for more than one incident.

There’s not a lot of fine print either. You’re only covered in states where your permit is valid. We don’t cover you if you’re intentionally committing a crime, and we don’t pay your fines, judgments, awards, damages or bail.

If anyone has any questions, please feel free to post them here, or you can contact me directly at MikeK@CCWSafe.com or call me at (775) 691-4652 (Cell).

mountainman13 09-04-2013 11:25 PM

Very interesting.
I seem to have missed the membership fees.

MKeeney 09-05-2013 12:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mountainman13 (Post 1358330)
Very interesting.
I seem to have missed the membership fees.

Yeah, pretty cheap considering what's at risk and the fact that we have extremely qualified lawyers, investigators and experts, and no limits on costs.

mountainman13 09-05-2013 12:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MKeeney (Post 1358393)
Yeah, pretty cheap considering what's at risk and the fact that we have extremely qualified lawyers, investigators and experts, and no limits on costs.

Sounds better than what the NRA offers. But what is the cost?

MKeeney 09-20-2013 01:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mountainman13 (Post 1358400)
Sounds better than what the NRA offers. But what is the cost?

Well, it's pretty expensive, as you can imagine. It's a staggering $99/yr for an individual and $150/yr for a dual membership.

Feel free to contact me directly if you want more info.

Cheers,
Mike Keeney
MikeK@CCWSafe.com

mountainman13 09-20-2013 01:44 AM

Honestly Sounds like a deal to me.

partdeux 09-20-2013 01:52 AM

A couple of organizations have popped up. At least one of them had some disturbing fine print where a board of directors had to vote on whether or not to extend coverage to your particular incident.

fa35jsf 09-20-2013 01:54 AM

I am a member of Texas Law Shield which if I remember right is one of the first "companies" to provide this service. I just saw a commercial on TV for something like US shield?

To all I would say, just look at the cost and benefits of each company. The best pay for everything up front, with no cost caps, and most importantly they have a 24/7 phone number that connects you directly to a lawyer. Plug that number into your phone and call them ASAP BEFORE talking to the police.