Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Legal definition of committed?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-03-2013, 04:09 AM   #11
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 670 Times on 344 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksq72
I have a question that I hope someone can help me with. I am a recovering alcoholic with over a year of sobriety. The KY CCW states that someone that has been committed to a treatment facility has to wait 3 years. My question is, mine was a voluntary check in to a treatment center, is that the same?
Another question, were you free to leave the facility of your own free will? There are different types of facilities, was it a medical treatment facility or a mental treatment facility? I have a family member who lost their husband, shortly after they said they couldn't cope and needed help. She went to a facility and she was legally committed for 30 days. I would tend to think that would be a matter of ones permanent public record whereas your neighborhood church based recovery program probably is not.