Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > leaving your firearm in your vehicle

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-21-2012, 01:58 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1415 Times on 816 Posts
Likes Given: 989

I use an electronic gun vault. It is bolted through the floor under my driver seat.

Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.

Old 12-21-2012, 08:23 PM   #12

Liked 1236 Times on 775 Posts
Likes Given: 666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krisms View Post
where do you hide your firearm when you have to leave it in your vehicle (i.e. when going to a federal building, school)? i noticed that some folks usually have a portable vault under the seat buy i think that's one of the places a burglar will check first. thanks for sharing your thoughts.
I think we covered this a while back, BUT
I teach all my students to place a chain through the seat brackets of their vehicle with a paddle lock through the chain. If you place the lock through the trigger guard behind the trigger (this works with all TRUE double action revolvers and autos) the the gun is then anchored to the vehicle and the lock behind the trigger renderers it unfireable. Place something over it to conceal it from view and you are about 99% safe from theft of unauthorized use. Few, if any, BMV criminals carry the tools necessary to get it or will spend the time it would take to get it free. It takes just a few seconds but it is worth the peace of mind it will give you knowing your gun will not fall into the wrong hands and you will not have to get another one.
Hope this helped,
Jim

An armed society is not always a polite society, but it is a free and safe society!
Self Defense is an absolute and natural right!
Keep your head down and your powder dry!

Old 12-21-2012, 08:29 PM   #13
Deader Bears=Better Bears

Liked 5614 Times on 3302 Posts
Likes Given: 4695

I don't have a carry permit, but in MS, you are legal to carry concealed in your vehicle without a permit. This leads to a LOT of people leaving their pistol in their car all the time. I bought a few small guboxes with hefty cables to lock them to the seat posts; i gave one to a nephew and one to his wife and one to my car to keep my pistol safer when i go in the store.

I am stongly considering getting a permit to carry all the time, maybe after New Years.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.
GANDER MOUNTAIN OF HATTIESBURG, MS IS OVERPRICED, HAS LOUSY CUSTOMER SERVICE, & SELLS BEAT UP PISTOLS TO LITTLE OLD LADIES AS "NEW". :p