Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f17/)
-   -   leaving your firearm in your vehicle (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f17/leaving-your-firearm-your-vehicle-78968/)

Krisms 12-20-2012 03:57 PM

leaving your firearm in your vehicle

where do you hide your firearm when you have to leave it in your vehicle (i.e. when going to a federal building, school)? i noticed that some folks usually have a portable vault under the seat buy i think that's one of the places a burglar will check first. thanks for sharing your thoughts.

HOSSFLY 12-20-2012 04:07 PM

In my trucks console---

Jstrong 12-20-2012 04:13 PM

I have a small safe with electronic lock bolted to the floorboard right behind the center console. Strong enough to keep someone out of it for longer than any criminal will care to spend breaking into a truck,and where it's bolted down there's no good way to pry it up,if that's even possible with the hardware I used.

Stillersfan 12-20-2012 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Krisms (Post 1059273)
where do you hide your firearm when you have to leave it in your vehicle (i.e. when going to a federal building, school)? i noticed that some folks usually have a portable vault under the seat buy i think that's one of the places a burglar will check first. thanks for sharing your thoughts.

If I know that I am going into those places I dont bring my firearm with me. Its too costly if I leave it my car only to have some scum bag break into it and steal it. I just stop back at my house to get if I need to go out again.

nitestalker 12-20-2012 04:34 PM

Yep, thing to do is post your gun security and where you keep it on the World Wide Web. By doing this you may now be qualified to work for the CIA.;)

Jstrong 12-20-2012 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nitestalker
Yep, thing to do is post your gun security and where you keep it on the World Wide Web. By doing this you may now be qualified to work for the CIA.;)

Do you know my name? My state of residence? The city I live in? Where I work? The street I live on? The places I frequent? What kind of truck I drive?

Can you answer any of those questions with a yes? Because if you can't answer yes to most of them,then it doesn't make a lick of difference that a guy on the internet named Jstrong secures his gun in a bolted down pistol safe in his truck when its not on him.

freetobefree 12-20-2012 04:59 PM

Lmao... I keep mine between the driver seat and console of my white ford f250 unlocked pickup in the middle of the desert in the oilfield ... CIA application submitted lol

firedawg60 12-20-2012 05:14 PM

You're suppose to take them off?

HOSSFLY 12-20-2012 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by firedawg60
You're suppose to take them off?

Gee- never saw that commin------

nitestalker 12-21-2012 02:50 AM

Yes you can be identified on the web. It happens every day. My point however is why is it important to ask or tell anyone where your choice of concealed carry is?
Concealed carry permits are just that. It is a very personal thing or supposed to be. Please fell free to expose your choice of carry.:)