Leaving you gun in your car. - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Leaving you gun in your car.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-29-2012, 04:21 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 42 Times on 36 Posts
Likes Given: 2

There are some occasions where leaving your firearm in your vehicle is unavoidable - like having to run into the Post Office, for example.

This is why none of my vehicles have any stickers or logos on them that might call attention to my Second Amendment leanings, like NRA, Browning Buckmark, or RMEF, etc.

XD-40 service, XD-9sc, member GeorgiaCarry.Org, National Rifle Association, Gun Owners of America, North American Hunting Club, Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation

Old 03-29-2012, 05:46 PM   #12
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 982 Times on 628 Posts
Likes Given: 392

I do it only because I don't have my permit yet.

Psalm 82:4 Rescue the weak and the needy; deliver them from the hand of the wicked.

Isaiah 53:5 But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.

Old 03-30-2012, 12:05 AM   #13

Liked 201 Times on 138 Posts

The only place my truck is left with a firearm inside is at work, our truck lot and shop is hidden pretty well. Its about a mile off the main road and i park right in front of our shop and dispatch office, there its watched by our dispatcher, saleman and about 6 mechanics.

The only reason my weapon is left in the truck at the shop is because i cant carry it in a tractor trailer or dumptruck, otherwise i would.

Century Arms AR-15A2, 5.56
1946 Mosin-Nagant M44, 7.62x54R
1978 YUGO SKS, 7.62x39
NEF Protector Pump, 12 gauge
Savage Model 64, .22LR
NEF Pardner Tracker II, 12 gauge
Rock Island Armory 1911A1, .45 ACP
Remington 870 'Express Magnum' 12 gauge
Bersa Thunder .380

Old 03-30-2012, 01:54 AM   #14

Liked 57 Times on 51 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Although sometimes suprisingly clever, most criminals are inherently stupid. Hide it in plain sight, like in a fastfood bag in the floorboard mixed with a few empty cups etc. They will rifle through console, glovebox, radio but will overlook the trash, because its trash. Unless they're really hungry shouldn't mess with it.

Old 03-30-2012, 02:36 AM   #15
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 982 Times on 628 Posts
Likes Given: 392

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear304inc
Although sometimes suprisingly clever, most criminals are inherently stupid. Hide it in plain sight, like in a fastfood bag in the floorboard mixed with a few empty cups etc. They will rifle through console, glovebox, radio but will overlook the trash, because its trash. Unless they're really hungry shouldn't mess with it.
Makes sense! You would have to be pretty stupid to want to be a crook in the first place!

Psalm 82:4 Rescue the weak and the needy; deliver them from the hand of the wicked.

Isaiah 53:5 But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.

Old 03-30-2012, 03:40 AM   #16

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Default What!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainman13 View Post
If I have to leave my gun in the car its usually locked up and stripped down with pieces hidden in different spots. Keep the clip on me.
I'm a bit confused! How would you access this gun in an emergency situation? Did you take a class in speed assembly!

Old 03-30-2012, 01:26 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by FAS1 View Post
Any security or restricted access where you park?
I work in a courthouse, and park in the parking garage under the courthouse, has a guard posted, but still, anyone could walk in and start smashing cars (gotta admit be pretty damn stupid to, but, you never know). On rare occasion, I might have to street park, that's what makes me nervous. I like your idea of a bolted trunk box, can't afford that right now, so I ordered the Nano with the cable that I can secure under my seat, anyone doing a smash and grab with a brick will need a few extra minutes to get that out, don't think they'd waste their time, plus I keep my car empty and clean, so anyone passing by and glancing in won't be tempted by something they see.

Old 03-30-2012, 01:54 PM   #18
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21325 Times on 12099 Posts
Likes Given: 53124

Quote:
Originally Posted by PositronDave View Post
I work in a courthouse, and park in the parking garage under the courthouse, has a guard posted, but still, anyone could walk in and start smashing cars (gotta admit be pretty damn stupid to, but, you never know). On rare occasion, I might have to street park, that's what makes me nervous. I like your idea of a bolted trunk box, can't afford that right now, so I ordered the Nano with the cable that I can secure under my seat, anyone doing a smash and grab with a brick will need a few extra minutes to get that out, don't think they'd waste their time, plus I keep my car empty and clean, so anyone passing by and glancing in won't be tempted by something they see.
this is probably the best way to stop a smash and grab thief. they are looking for quick items, cameras, Ipods, laptops, ect. keeping higher value items out of sight, like in the glovebox or trunk will keep most of them from even messing with it. it won't stop all theft, but will usually stop one looking for quick and easy payday. those who might break into a vehicle and spend a little more time looking through the glovebox, console or under the seats, some type of box that is mounted or attached is probably the best bet. now if they were to steal the whole car, then, i would have to say that having the serial number somewhere so that it could be given to LE as soon as possible would be adviseable. if they steal the whole car, then they could have tools to access the storage device if they find it, plus also more time to defeat it.

Old 03-30-2012, 01:56 PM   #19
+ TRES VERBO DICTUM +
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1719 Times on 889 Posts
Likes Given: 1332

Quote:
Originally Posted by SK2344 View Post
I'm a bit confused! How would you access this gun in an emergency situation? Did you take a class in speed assembly!
I don't think he meant he keeps it in pieces when he's in the car, just when he has to leave it there.

Old 03-30-2012, 01:59 PM   #20
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2917 Times on 1718 Posts

Correct its only in pieces when I'm away. I get back to the car and within the time it takes to light a cigarette its back together,loaded and holstered.

I don't need No stinking signature.