Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Leaving you gun in your car.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2012, 08:02 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Leaving you gun in your car.

I work with a company that doesn't permit guns in their workplace, as many others I would assume. I have to drive through a "not so friendly" area to get to work, and leave my gun locked in my car, I know someone else that does this, but can't help from feeling a little nervous.

I always keep the serial number with me in case my car gets broken into and the gun gets stolen.

Anyone else leave their gun in their car, locked of course? Or use car holsters?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-28-2012, 08:21 PM   #2
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2917 Times on 1718 Posts

If I have to leave my gun in the car its usually locked up and stripped down with pieces hidden in different spots. Keep the clip on me.

I don't need No stinking signature.

Old 03-28-2012, 08:26 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainman13 View Post
If I have to leave my gun in the car its usually locked up and stripped down with pieces hidden in different spots. Keep the clip on me.
That's what I've been doing. Make me feel somewhat safer leaving it there.

Old 03-28-2012, 08:27 PM   #4
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2917 Times on 1718 Posts

Yeah I still hate doing it

I don't need No stinking signature.

Old 03-28-2012, 08:28 PM   #5

Liked 1956 Times on 1030 Posts
Likes Given: 4285

Me personally...NEVER...They do make small mountable safes for just such a use. That may give you a little peace of mind.

Proud Supporter of USA Shooting

Old 03-28-2012, 08:30 PM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 245 Times on 190 Posts
Likes Given: 92

This topic came up once and a guy said a mechanic can weld a steel box to frame of car through trunk and create a rock solid place to lock,your weapon up. In my state the weapon & ammo must be locked in separate containers for transport. Check w the laws of your state before locking up.

Old 03-28-2012, 08:33 PM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 756 Times on 449 Posts
Likes Given: 477

Quote:
Originally Posted by PositronDave View Post
I work with a company that doesn't permit guns in their workplace, as many others I would assume. I have to drive through a "not so friendly" area to get to work, and leave my gun locked in my car, I know someone else that does this, but can't help from feeling a little nervous.

I always keep the serial number with me in case my car gets broken into and the gun gets stolen.

Anyone else leave their gun in their car, locked of course? Or use car holsters?
Yes, I park my car at the airport daily and place firearm in a Nano Vault attached with cable beneath the seat.
nano.jpg  

Old 03-28-2012, 08:40 PM   #8

That Nano Vault seems perfect, $24.49 on amazon with free shipping, thanks!

Old 03-29-2012, 02:34 PM   #9

Liked 24 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 7

I had a Surburban broken into at a Chili's on a Saturday afternoon. After being inside for 5 minutes my wife was cold and went outside to get her sweater. They were already gone with all the stuff they wanted from my vehicle and there were no witnesses. Spend a little more on a quality product that will slow them down enough that they can't just smash and grab your gun, especially if it's there daily for extended periods of time. Do you have a trunk? It would be better to bolt something in there. Any security or restricted access where you park? That would make a difference to me on what would work well. Good to see you are trying to secure your gun instead of relying on a plastic console or glovebox. This is my "Exploder" so no trunk. I use it more for extended drives than anything and can access still while seated.

Glenn
FAS1SAFE

Old 03-29-2012, 02:45 PM   #10

Liked 24 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 7

You can see what kind of crimes are taking place in the area you park your car here: http://spotcrime.com

Glenn
FAS1SAFE