LC9 v. XDs v. Nano v. Shield
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > LC9 v. XDs v. Nano v. Shield

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-08-2013, 05:13 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 23 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Default LC9 v. XDs v. Nano v. Shield

Ok I am tired of carrying a 3lb Kimber pro carry and I'm going to sell it to fund one of the above.

I keep leaning toward the XDs (it weighs as much as my Glock 22.) or the LC9, but I keep hearing complaints about the trigger LOP being five miles long.

Just to keep it fair I threw in the NANO, but my God that is one ugly SOB and the Shield which has a notoriously mushy M&P trigger.

Anyone have any input? And I have BIG hands. A G21 fits me perfect. I have to sleeve anything else. also, It will be in a IWB holster, never in a pocket.

Thanks,
Darin

"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks."
Thomas Jefferson
From the great speaker...er uh Barak Obongo

"Liberals make great proctologists. They're the only ones who truly know what the inside of an anus looks like."~me

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-08-2013, 05:56 AM   #2

Liked 14 Times on 12 Posts

I've been looking into the same thing. Mine is between the XDs and shield. I do know for fact that the new shields have a much better trigger then the mp full size
Dout this helps but figured I'd though my two cents in
Either or I want the XDs or shield. In 9mm

Old 07-08-2013, 06:04 AM   #3

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 3

I have a Kimber BP Ten II and an XDM. I prefer to carry the XDM but it is not a huge improvement in comfort. Still quite a lump IWB if you know what I mean. The XDM came with interchangeable grip pieces to accommodate different sized hands. I am curios to hear what LC9 owners say about carry comfort.

Old 07-08-2013, 06:20 AM   #4

Liked 82 Times on 59 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarinCraft
Ok I am tired of carrying a 3lb Kimber pro carry and I'm going to sell it to fund one of the above.

I keep leaning toward the XDs (it weighs as much as my Glock 22.) or the LC9, but I keep hearing complaints about the trigger LOP being five miles long.

Just to keep it fair I threw in the NANO, but my God that is one ugly SOB and the Shield which has a notoriously mushy M&P trigger.

Anyone have any input? And I have BIG hands. A G21 fits me perfect. I have to sleeve anything else. also, It will be in a IWB holster, never in a pocket.

Thanks,
Darin
If it were it me I would go with the lc9 trigger pull is redic but you can get it reduced to half the lefty by Galloway. To me the accuracy is best with the shield or lc9. The nano ah not to much love for it but its okay carry. Honestly depends on your body size I'd say and assuming you want a 9 in xds then that's not a bad option either with the option of buying extended mags because your pinky will not fit. I rank them overall as 1. Lc9 2.xds 3.shield 4 nano. Just my opinion here the lc9 is perfect for all types of carry and it comes in camo 😃 the lc9 maybe to small for your hands but man is it fun

Old 07-08-2013, 06:44 AM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3726 Times on 2283 Posts
Likes Given: 1224

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarinCraft

Thanks,
Darin
I held an LC9 at my LGS a week or so ago because I was interested in it too. Key word: was. Hated how it felt in hand. I will not buy one. I can't explain it, just didn't feel right.

I have no experience with the Nano. But the XD line tends to have a high bore axis. Is that true also of the XDs? I don't know. Food for thought.

The previous poster was correct about S&W fixing the triggers on newly made Shields. I've heard they come very nice now.

Best answer: get what feels best in your hand and try to rent them all and shoot.

Always have clean socks.

Old 07-08-2013, 11:59 AM   #6

Liked 25 Times on 20 Posts

Ok. I own an lc9 and a xds. I had a shield, but sold it because...you guessed it, the trigger. It sucked. To fix it, I couldn't justify spending 100 bucks on a kit. So I sold it and bought the xds 45. I LOVE it and its my edc. Let me out it to you this way, the ergonomics of the lc9 really make it snappy, and target acquisition is tougher. My xds 45 has less recoil and its smooth as butter.

Old 07-08-2013, 12:15 PM   #7

Liked 82 Times on 59 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALfiremedic1
Ok. I own an lc9 and a xds. I had a shield, but sold it because...you guessed it, the trigger. It sucked. To fix it, I couldn't justify spending 100 bucks on a kit. So I sold it and bought the xds 45. I LOVE it and its my edc. Let me out it to you this way, the ergonomics of the lc9 really make it snappy, and target acquisition is tougher. My xds 45 has less recoil and its smooth as butter.
I don't understand how in the hell you have better target acquisition with a xds .45 that's crazy

Old 07-08-2013, 12:44 PM   #8

Liked 265 Times on 210 Posts
Likes Given: 27

Why not add the kahr CW series to your group. It will feel like a 1911 in the hand with a very smooth light DA trigger. Lightest of the bunch and may fit your holster for the 1911 atleast for the 9 and 40. Or the larger 22oz TP series. They can be bought in 9mm, 40 or 45.

Old 07-08-2013, 01:01 PM   #9
FAA licensed bugsmasher
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2230 Times on 1204 Posts
Likes Given: 802

I second the Kahr. I went through the same search last year and bought a PM9. The Kahr's trigger is the best of the bunch by far, although I never bothered to look to closely at the Nano.

Scott

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato
Join the NRA

Old 07-08-2013, 02:01 PM   #10

Liked 25 Times on 20 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cblowe13

I don't understand how in the hell you have better target acquisition with a xds .45 that's crazy
The design of the xds transfers the recoil lower into your palm so the mussel flip is reduced. The LC9 is set so much higher and with the LOOOOONNNG DA trigger, it just doesn't help itself at all. That's just me.

I also had a kahr cw9 and 40. they felt good and shot good. I had issues with the guide rods so in scrapped em. After I have problems with two different guns made by the same company, I'm done with them.