LC9 or CW9? - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > LC9 or CW9?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-20-2011, 05:05 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Both of them are great firearms. It mainly boils down to personal preference, because they're very similar and the main difference between them are the Ruger has a thumb saftey, magazine disconnect, and chamber indicator. I would recommend you go to some local shops and compare the two, and if there's a range that has either one you can rent I would try that too.

"It's a gun you loaded on Sunday, and shot all week."
-Confederate Soldier

"If God didn't create man equal then Sam Colt had made them equal."
-Unknown

"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything."
-Wyatt Earp

Old 12-23-2011, 03:58 PM   #12

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

I own both, both are great ccw guns, I carry either in a Galco iwb. If an external safety is important to you get the Ruger, having been taught gun safety since I was 4yo I didn't like the idea of the safety being don't pull the trigger. After I carried the Kahr for a while I eventually became confident that it is safe to carry hot. My pick goes to the CW9,feels better to me , trigger is MUCH better than the Rugers striker fired system, and I think the CW9 has a longer barrel by a little(more accurate,higher fps) but still very concealable. Also a bit pricey but Kahr makes a PM9 w/an ext safety

Old 12-23-2011, 05:24 PM   #13

Liked 47 Times on 31 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamTF View Post
I own both, both are great ccw guns, I carry either in a Galco iwb. If an external safety is important to you get the Ruger, having been taught gun safety since I was 4yo I didn't like the idea of the safety being don't pull the trigger. After I carried the Kahr for a while I eventually became confident that it is safe to carry hot. My pick goes to the CW9,feels better to me , trigger is MUCH better than the Rugers striker fired system, and I think the CW9 has a longer barrel by a little(more accurate,higher fps) but still very concealable. Also a bit pricey but Kahr makes a PM9 w/an ext safety
What does this mean?

Old 12-23-2011, 06:37 PM   #14

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Which part?

Old 12-23-2011, 07:13 PM   #15

Liked 47 Times on 31 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamTF View Post
Which part?
I eventually became confident that it is safe to carry hot.

Old 12-23-2011, 11:56 PM   #16

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Holstered iwb with one in the chamber, I grew up learning firearm safety from my dad while hunting. And you never take your safety off unless your ready to fire or you have to to unload. So having a pistol like a Kahr without an external safety seemed sorta dangerous. When I first began carrying it I did so with a full mag and an empty chamber , which if I needed it in a hurry and had only one hand available could present a problem( I know the best safety is between your ears) but we're imperfect creatures and accidents happen. But I eventually became confident in my holsters ability to shield the trigger from my keys,knife,can of dip,or my fingers fumbleing for an item phone whatever, sorry for the long winded explanation I just thought it might help.