Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > LC9 or CW9?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-10-2011, 01:03 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default LC9 or CW9?

Ok here is my dilemma! Last week I came to the conclusion my first cpl purchase either going to be RUGER LC9 or KAHR CW9. I live in Michigan and am seeing awesome prices on both, around $340. I am looking for any input or feedback, positive or negative.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-10-2011, 03:23 AM   #2

Liked 40 Times on 33 Posts

Had a lc9. Loved it. Shot great, easy to conceal, comfortable in the hands. Got rid of it for more than a paid for it....couldn't pass it up. So....I bought a 1911 ;-)

"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."
~John F. Kennedy

Old 12-10-2011, 03:28 AM   #3

Liked 1126 Times on 731 Posts
Likes Given: 2014

No issues with my lc9, great gun . Kahr stuff is good also . Just comes down to how u like the feel of each . Fit the gun to u

Old 12-10-2011, 03:31 AM   #4

Liked 40 Times on 33 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by purehavoc
No issues with my lc9, great gun . Kahr stuff is good also . Just comes down to how u like the feel of each . Fit the gun to u
Agreed. I compared the two but liked the feel of the lc9 better than the kahr. Both equally great guns. Shot about 200-300 rounds before I got rid of her and handled every dift kind of ammo I threw at her.

"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."
~John F. Kennedy

Old 12-10-2011, 05:15 AM   #5

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

They're VERY similar in all ways except LC9 has a safety. I love my CW9... Has been 100% reliable from the first shot and it's very accurate and smooth-shooting. The trigger is a little long but for an SD gun w/o a safety it seems just right. No worries. I mostly carry it in a high verticle shoulder holster balanced out by an extra mag on the other side.

You'll be good to go with either choice. For me - a civilian with ordinary risk-parameters - the 7+1 single-stack 9mm configuration is the most all-around-perfect carry choice but I end up carrying a 10+1 (extended mag) LCP .380 about 1/2 the time as an alternative.

"If the Earth were made of gold, I guess men would kill for a handful of dirt." - Gary Cooper's last line in the movie THE GARDEN OF EVIL

Old 12-10-2011, 12:23 PM   #6

Liked 213 Times on 171 Posts
Likes Given: 15

I do not want to try to deal with a saftey on a small stricker fired pistol like ruger has and the trigger to me is not nearly as nice and smooth as the kahr. Now you may want to look at the size of the CM9 and CW9. I have both. All though the ruger is closer in size to the cm9 it is not a pistol you can pocket carry nearly as well as it is thicker and heavier if thats something you may want to do over the cm9. The CW9 gives you the same weight as the ruger with a longer grip and barrel and makes for a better IWb carry pistol. Both kahrs are easier to control under recoil than the ruger. The cm9 holds 6+1 the CW9 7+1. Price is a bit lower for the rugers. I have shot the heck out of my kahrs with not a single issue and ened up with a kahr after a owner of a cw9 made me an offer that I could not pass on as he said it was junk. Ran great. Bought a new cm9 and after a quick 400 rounds sold the KT pf-9 i had carried for 2 1/2 years.Huey's Gunsight: CM9 or LC9...decsions...decisions... This shows the size different s of the ruger and the CM9.

Old 12-12-2011, 04:22 PM   #7

Liked 47 Times on 31 Posts
Likes Given: 1

CW9 is my favorite.

Old 12-13-2011, 10:50 PM   #8

Both are exceptional weapons, the choice is mainly what you feel more comfortable with.
The Kahr is striker fired and will behave more on the lines of traditional DAO semi-automatics
The Ruger is hammer fired and the long trigger pull is more akin to double action revolvers. (something I find useful in smaller sd weapons)

if you look close you can see the Ruger's bobbed hammer

Old 12-14-2011, 12:32 AM   #9

I have shot both, i own a lcp and a cw9. i absolutely love my cw9 i carry it almost everyday. It has never had any malfunctions what so ever. I like rugers also but feel the kahr's fit and finish is much better and seems to be made of better quality materials

Old 12-20-2011, 04:16 PM   #10

Can't comment on the Khar. But I own and carry the LC9 in a desantis nemesis pocket holster. I was deciding between PF9, LC9, Khars, LCR, and Jframes but the shop nearby in NE FL had a huge holiday sale on the LC9 so I bought it. Perfect for cargo short/khaki pants carry - little too tight for jeans and pocket carry though. Accurate once u get trigger time
in and mo malfunctions at all so far!

Slim 9 is a great decision and I'd say u can't go wrong with either choice. Watch Hikock45's comparison video for more info - but go to ur local shop and handle/shoot both of them if u can. That's what I did to choose between the jframe, LCR, pf9, and lc9. The Khar was just a bit out of my price range...

Newest Threads