Lawyers with C.C. specialty - who has used them? - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Lawyers with C.C. specialty - who has used them?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2013, 01:22 AM   #11
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2014 Times on 1191 Posts
Likes Given: 971

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitestalker View Post
You will not be arrested in most cases. The point is you can be detained. You can be held up to 72 Hrs. in any state.
In AL it specificity states you can't be taken in physical custody, detained at the scene, yes, but detained any where else, no!

The law uses the term 'arrest' so I checked with both the DA and the Circuit Judge and they both verified you could not take the person into physical custody with out good PC, that is case law here!

An armed society is not always a polite society, but it is a free and safe society!
Self Defense is an absolute and natural right!
Keep your head down and your powder dry!

Old 03-05-2013, 01:38 AM   #12
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 20 Times on 15 Posts
Likes Given: 7

I'm in Minnesota, and if you need the name of a lawyer who represents gun owners, I can give you the one my instructor gave me for reference.

PM me.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian."

Old 03-08-2013, 09:19 PM   #13

Liked 17 Times on 13 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRau
In Alabama the law specifically states you will not be arrested if you use deadly force in self defense.
I am glad I live here!!!!
Ahmen brother

Old 03-12-2013, 12:18 AM   #14

Liked 308 Times on 138 Posts
Likes Given: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by fa35jsf View Post
In Texas there is a group of three lawyers that set up a firm to protect those who CC. It's called Texas Law Shield and they work kind of like an insurance company. You buy a yearly membership and get a card that has their response number and something to hand the police that says something like "I will talk when I have my lawyer". If you have to use it, you can call their number 24/7 and talk to an actual lawyer that will tell you what to say and then come out to the crime scene to represent you at no charge. Pretty cool deal if you ask me. Never had to use that service though, thank God.
I am looking for someone who offers this service in AZ. My Google-fu is weak.
Criminals are never materially handicapped by such rules; the only effect is to disarm the peaceful citizen and put him fully at the mercy of the lawless. Such rules look very pretty on paper; in practice they are as foolish and footless as the attempt of the mice to bell the cat.

Letter to Alice Dalgliesh, the editor who was censoring his manuscript for Red Planet, regarding gun control registration and control Published in 1949

Old 03-12-2013, 12:30 AM   #15
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

I have a list of second amendment lawyers in Minnesota if anyone is interested.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian."

Old 03-12-2013, 05:26 PM   #16

Liked 14 Times on 6 Posts

In my chl class there was group called TX Lawshield that cam and talked to us. They offer their service and take care of everything as long as you are within the law when you have to draw your weapon. You can pay monthly or yearly. They cover chl holders and non chl holders. As well as your children if they are ever forced into a situation. I think for one year of coverage I paid 120.

Old 03-12-2013, 09:41 PM   #17
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Hey all-here's a link to the Shooter's Bar, a state by state list of Pro-Second Amendment Attorneys.

http://www.theshootersbar.org/

I printed a wallet card with a couple preferred names and numbers. If you ever need the info, you better have it with you!

Old 03-13-2013, 05:40 AM   #18

Liked 106 Times on 88 Posts
Likes Given: 219

Quote:
Originally Posted by fa35jsf View Post
In Texas there is a group of three lawyers that set up a firm to protect those who CC. It's called Texas Law Shield and they work kind of like an insurance company. You buy a yearly membership and get a card that has their response number and something to hand the police that says something like "I will talk when I have my lawyer". If you have to use it, you can call their number 24/7 and talk to an actual lawyer that will tell you what to say and then come out to the crime scene to represent you at no charge. Pretty cool deal if you ask me. Never had to use that service though, thank God.
What are the membership fees like?
And is there something like that in wa?

Old 03-13-2013, 07:03 PM   #19
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 548 Times on 333 Posts
Likes Given: 228

Quote:
Originally Posted by phildenton View Post
What are the membership fees like?
And is there something like that in wa?
I think I paid around $130 a year or so. I have a CHL so it is a little higher than if I didn't. Also since I move around a lot I have their "cross-state" protection. They will represent me in any state that has reciprocity with Texas for concealed carry.

The selling point for their service for me was, any shooting in Texas (justified or not) has to go to the Grand Jury for a hearing. The lawyer fees for advice and whatnot just to get to the Grand Jury will cost a minimum of $10k and most in recent years have been around $20k. $130 a year is much cheaper than $10k!

If you have to undergo trial then thats even more money. The guy in Houston a few years ago that shot the two guys who were robbing his neighbors house with a shotgun had over $400k in lawyer fees before he was acquitted.

Practice doesn't make perfect, it make permanent.

When I hear a Liberal say "I can speak for gun owners because I own a shotgun" I just want to scream "Well I can speak for vegetarians because I like lettuce on my cheeseburger!"