Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > laws changing.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2012, 09:38 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default laws changing.

I live here in Arizona and lately I've seen so many shootings in the paper. It worrys me because I dont want them to change the carrying laws because of what's happening. Seems like people turn to they're gun first before they can think what they can do to prevent a problem

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-06-2012, 01:49 AM   #2

Location: City of the Crooks (Chicago),Illinois - Crook County
Liked 24 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 35

We're talking about this all over the forums and yes the agenda is pretty clear. Between the government's Fast and Furious and crazy people going on killing sprees, yeah it's giving us a very bad rep.

"It causes all, both small and great, both rich and poor, both free and slave, to be marked on the right hand of the forehead so that no one can buy or sell unless he has the mark, that is, the name of the beast or the number of its name" Revelations

"So you say your prayers and you thank the lord, for that peace maker in the dresser drawer"

Old 04-06-2012, 02:32 AM   #3

Liked 26 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 67

Quote:
Originally Posted by pontiac163 View Post
...Seems like people turn to they're gun first...to prevent a problem
Over the centuries the gun has solved many of problems, why stop now?

Last edited by Ranger-6; 04-07-2012 at 03:17 PM.

Old 04-06-2012, 02:44 AM   #4

Liked 694 Times on 445 Posts
Likes Given: 224

If you have tried violence to solve your problem and it hasn't worked it is because you did not use enough.

Just walking on the edge of of my grave.

Old 04-06-2012, 01:36 PM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1119 Times on 657 Posts
Likes Given: 1626

One reason for there being so many news articles about shootings is that the media is trying to create the impression that gun violence is "out of control". Why else would they make headlines out of somebody in France shooting someone? Why does it make international headlines when somebody in Texas shoots an armed criminal who knocks down her door and threatens her life. They think the "naive" public will become outraged and insist upon disarming the public. It is part of the ongoing effort by the U.N. to disarm the world, except of course, for the rich and powerful "dignitaries" and the military, which will soon replace the police and enforce a totalitarian world government. Sorry for going off the deep end, but the media in general are whores for the dictator wannabe's.

Old 04-06-2012, 01:43 PM   #6

Liked 1956 Times on 1030 Posts
Likes Given: 4283

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIKIJUTSU View Post
One reason for there being so many news articles about shootings is that the media is trying to create the impression that gun violence is "out of control". Why else would they make headlines out of somebody in France shooting someone? Why does it make international headlines when somebody in Texas shoots an armed criminal who knocks down her door and threatens her life. They think the "naive" public will become outraged and insist upon disarming the public. It is part of the ongoing effort by the U.N. to disarm the world, except of course, for the rich and powerful "dignitaries" and the military, which will soon replace the police and enforce a totalitarian world government. Sorry for going off the deep end, but the media in general are whores for the dictator wannabe's.
QFT, +1

OP, stop reading the paper and watching the news. If this Zimmerman/Martin thing has taught us anything, it's that the MSM are morally corrupt and will stop at nothing to push their agenda. They flat out LIE and will never be held accountable for it. Even here in rural NC, every single day they run a story about a shooting because the only real news is bad news...to them.

Proud Supporter of USA Shooting

Old 04-07-2012, 01:36 AM   #7

Liked 2338 Times on 1520 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincent

QFT, +1

OP, stop reading the paper and watching the news. If this Zimmerman/Martin thing has taught us anything, it's that the MSM are morally corrupt and will stop at nothing to push their agenda. They flat out LIE and will never be held accountable for it. Even here in rural NC, every single day they run a story about a shooting because the only real news is bad news...to them.
Yeah, true. The worst thing is way too much of the public is that naive. Many people I talk to have no interest in guns or gun rights, which is very close or persuadeable to being anti gun. BTW, Vincent, I spent a week in Elizabeth city last year on vacation. Had fun.

Feral cat waterboarder

Old 04-07-2012, 01:46 AM   #8

Liked 2175 Times on 1468 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiwall
If you have tried violence to solve your problem and it hasn't worked it is because you did not use enough.
You have got to fukin kiddin me?

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

Old 04-07-2012, 02:29 PM   #9

Liked 1956 Times on 1030 Posts
Likes Given: 4283

Quote:
Originally Posted by primer1 View Post
Yeah, true. The worst thing is way too much of the public is that naive. Many people I talk to have no interest in guns or gun rights, which is very close or persuadeable to being anti gun. BTW, Vincent, I spent a week in Elizabeth city last year on vacation. Had fun.
That's what scares me the most...there are A LOT of those types of people, naive, who are conditioned to believe what they see on tv and never question it...and they vote!! Not that any of them are bad people but it gets overwhelming thinking about how to get these folks to think for themselves and make informed decisions based on fact, not what the talking suit says...

Yeah, Elizabeth City is really nice, pretty much can't go wrong on the coast down here. They still let you drive on the beach in some places!!

Proud Supporter of USA Shooting

Old 04-07-2012, 02:52 PM   #10

Liked 4421 Times on 2144 Posts
Likes Given: 1311

I returned to school after 6 years of Military service and wrote a thesis paper on this topic. At that time the most recent statistics available were the FBI's 1997 stats. They clearly showed that while gun ownership had risen dramatically over the previous decade, gun violence had dropped just as sharply. Despite the drop in violence, media coverage of shootings soared by over 200% giving the false impression that more gun control was needed.

Part of this was due too the relatively new 24 hour news cycle which had to constantly find and or regurgitate sensational topics in search of higher ratings. I'm quite sure it was also due to Libtard desires to ban guns in search of some mythical utopia sold to them by the like of Journalism professors and the more general liberal ideology that dominates any environment where folks are judged on what the believe instead of on what they accomplish.

Do not buy the media BS about guns. Take the time to educate yourself with the facts so YOU can defend your position when confronted with Libtard drivel. We the WELL ARMED people are the countermeasure to the media's bias and lies.

Tack