Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Law regarding out of state conceal carry permit new york residents

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-27-2013, 02:33 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 64 Times on 41 Posts
Likes Given: 2

sounds like its time to get your own place hopefully in another state x NY'er since 1992

Old 07-03-2013, 11:50 PM   #12

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertusa123
sounds like its time to get your own place hopefully in another state x NY'er since 1992
I'm only 21 $$$ issue again one day oh that one day I will be freed from Egypt-NY

Old 07-04-2013, 02:59 AM   #13

Liked 102 Times on 85 Posts
Likes Given: 219

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter View Post
That is correct- you may BUY one most anywhere- but you may only ACQUIRE it in your state of residence.
The exception though is by inheritance. Still pretty strict rule-wise, anyone know how that works, whats required?

Old 07-04-2013, 03:45 AM   #14
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8378 Times on 3626 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Phil- also in 18 USC 922. The executor of an estate can ship an inherited firearm directly to the recipient WITHOUT going thru a FFL, so long as the firearm is legal to possess at the other end. Or you can pick it up. Applies to a bequest in a will, or inheritance without a will (known as intestate). Obviously, if the firearm is an NFA firearm, you need to touch 2nd base with the ATF, but an NFA arm transfers with no tax.

Title 18, US Code, Section 922

It shall be unlawful...

3) for any person, other than a licensed importer, licensed manufacturer, licensed dealer, or licensed collector to transport into or receive in the State where he resides (or if the person is a corporation or other business entity, the State where it maintains a place of business) any firearm purchased or otherwise obtained by such person outside that State, except that this paragraph (A) shall not preclude any person who lawfully acquires a firearm by bequest or intestate succession in a State other than his State of residence from transporting the firearm into or receiving it in that State, if it is lawful for such person to purchase or possess such firearm in that State

Further down it exempts rifles or shotguns acquired from a FFL holder in another state.

What we have heah is.... failure to communicate.

Old 07-04-2013, 05:41 PM   #15

Liked 85 Times on 65 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by M1GARANDBING View Post
Anyone know the laws, if I live in New York and don't have a pistol or CCP in New York, but I will be going on vacation in free America for a couple of weeks and have a Utah CCP can I purchase a hand gun for protection while out of state, and sell it before returning to occupied New York ? Do you need to legally be able to own it in your home state? ( in this case home state being New York ) ???
get yourself a ny pistol license, by a gun then check out the states that honor your ny and ut permits..........there are many

http://www.troopers.ny.gov/Firearms/PPB-3.pdf

http://publicsafety.utah.gov/bci/FAQother.html

https://www.usconcealedcarry.com/travel/

Old 07-04-2013, 11:18 PM   #16

Liked 102 Times on 85 Posts
Likes Given: 219

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter View Post
Phil- also in 18 USC 922. The executor of an estate can ship an inherited firearm directly to the recipient WITHOUT going thru a FFL, so long as the firearm is legal to possess at the other end. Or you can pick it up. Applies to a bequest in a will, or inheritance without a will (known as intestate). Obviously, if the firearm is an NFA firearm, you need to touch 2nd base with the ATF, but an NFA arm transfers with no tax.

Title 18, US Code, Section 922

It shall be unlawful...

3) for any person, other than a licensed importer, licensed manufacturer, licensed dealer, or licensed collector to transport into or receive in the State where he resides (or if the person is a corporation or other business entity, the State where it maintains a place of business) any firearm purchased or otherwise obtained by such person outside that State, except that this paragraph (A) shall not preclude any person who lawfully acquires a firearm by bequest or intestate succession in a State other than his State of residence from transporting the firearm into or receiving it in that State, if it is lawful for such person to purchase or possess such firearm in that State

Further down it exempts rifles or shotguns acquired from a FFL holder in another state.
Thank you c3, you're always abundantly knowledgeable

Old 07-05-2013, 04:16 AM   #17

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniper762

get yourself a ny pistol license, by a gun then check out the states that honor your ny and ut permits..........there are many

http://www.troopers.ny.gov/Firearms/PPB-3.pdf

http://publicsafety.utah.gov/bci/FAQother.html

https://www.usconcealedcarry.com/travel/
I wish it was that simple, in Rockland New York it's required that anyone you live with who is over 18 must sign that they don't mind you having a pistol! I can't get everyone to sign! New York's media... Butchered they're brains the guns are mmmooonnsstterss!! Well when I have enough money I'm out of this dump.