Laser on a Concealed Carry Weapon?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Laser on a Concealed Carry Weapon?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2014, 03:50 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Laser on a Concealed Carry Weapon?

I've been thinking about adding a laser on my Everyday Carry gun. Since most or a lot of self defense situations take place at night, a laser may be an added advantage. Looking to get opinions from fellow CCW Holders.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-01-2014, 03:56 AM   #2

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 3

My 1911 with 230 grain brass jacketed hollow point 45's, 14+1 capacity is heavy enough, and if he is close enough to bother me in the dark, no way am I going to miss!

Old 04-01-2014, 04:00 AM   #3

Liked 421 Times on 265 Posts
Likes Given: 1242

A buddy if mine who is a lot older than me has bad eyes and has a laser and swears by it , I have thought about crimson trace grips but have not been able to justify the price yet but I am all for them.

No Bells.No Whistles.Just perfection.

Old 04-01-2014, 04:27 AM   #4
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5740 Times on 2999 Posts
Likes Given: 380

Spend the money on ammo or better yet take a decent shooting course geard towards self defense.

Lasers aren't like optics. You waste a lot of time looking for the dot on the goblin. You should be perforating him not looking for the bouncing tiny dot. If your wearing nightvision you can see the beam and such applicatins they work excellent but I don't see too many folks going about life wearing nvg's...

My lcp came with a crimson trace and the shop was running a promo deal on em so the combo was the same price as the non laser version. After hands on with it the laser is on the junk item shelf in the safe atm.

I took the barrel out of the lcp and had the wife move around the house trying to acquire her with the laser did it outside too. We both took turns and its almost impossible to find the dot on a live moving human target. Took too damn long when it was much faster to just aim and shoot.

Lasers are useless gimmicks that make you slow. Don't waste your money. If you want something that does work get nightsights or fiber optic sights or a trijicon rmr.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 04-01-2014, 04:52 AM   #5

Liked 12 Times on 12 Posts

I have a light on my bed side gun P229 but I want to keep it light and concealable for a carry gun. Invest in some good night sights.

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk

Old 04-01-2014, 09:35 AM   #6

Liked 99 Times on 53 Posts
Likes Given: 95

My daily carry and nightstand gun is a 340pd with CT grips. I don't rely on or notice the red dot in daylight. However in low light conditions it comes in handy.

Old 04-01-2014, 10:30 AM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2861 Times on 1663 Posts
Likes Given: 1691

The only handgun laser I would recommend is the Crimson Trace Laser grip that is actuated upon gripping the weapon. A laser sight that must be consciously switched on prior to engaging the target is a waste of time & money, IMO.

Yes I have both types and only use the CT grip.

Sent from my (_E=MC² _)

We do not choose our future, we choose our habits and our habits dictate our future. - anonymous

We are all biodegradable.

People Like This 
Old 04-01-2014, 10:31 AM   #8
Administrator
FTF_ADMIN.png

Liked 1215 Times on 826 Posts
Likes Given: 166

Don't have one on my off duty weapon, have one on my duty G21...... Personally I would prefer no laser

Old 04-01-2014, 10:44 AM   #9
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7179 Times on 4321 Posts
Likes Given: 8762

I think in a self defense situation, you won't have time to use the laser and the thug will probably be close enough you won't need to use one.

purehavoc Likes This 
Old 04-01-2014, 12:45 PM   #10
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5740 Times on 2999 Posts
Likes Given: 380

What winds said.

Civies dont do what police do. Police will often hold suspects at gunpoint more often than shooting them.

Civilians if they have a gun out its gone so far off the edge the only thing to be doing at that point is launching bullets. You havent got time for dot gazing.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

MoHawk Likes This