Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f17/)
-   -   Laser on a Concealed Carry Weapon? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f17/laser-concealed-carry-weapon-105692/)

GLOCK23LOVER4LIFE 04-01-2014 03:50 AM

Laser on a Concealed Carry Weapon?

I've been thinking about adding a laser on my Everyday Carry gun. Since most or a lot of self defense situations take place at night, a laser may be an added advantage. Looking to get opinions from fellow CCW Holders.

Mauserdoc 04-01-2014 03:56 AM

My 1911 with 230 grain brass jacketed hollow point 45's, 14+1 capacity is heavy enough, and if he is close enough to bother me in the dark, no way am I going to miss!

rifleman1 04-01-2014 04:00 AM

A buddy if mine who is a lot older than me has bad eyes and has a laser and swears by it , I have thought about crimson trace grips but have not been able to justify the price yet but I am all for them.

JonM 04-01-2014 04:27 AM

Spend the money on ammo or better yet take a decent shooting course geard towards self defense.

Lasers aren't like optics. You waste a lot of time looking for the dot on the goblin. You should be perforating him not looking for the bouncing tiny dot. If your wearing nightvision you can see the beam and such applicatins they work excellent but I don't see too many folks going about life wearing nvg's...

My lcp came with a crimson trace and the shop was running a promo deal on em so the combo was the same price as the non laser version. After hands on with it the laser is on the junk item shelf in the safe atm.

I took the barrel out of the lcp and had the wife move around the house trying to acquire her with the laser did it outside too. We both took turns and its almost impossible to find the dot on a live moving human target. Took too damn long when it was much faster to just aim and shoot.

Lasers are useless gimmicks that make you slow. Don't waste your money. If you want something that does work get nightsights or fiber optic sights or a trijicon rmr.

Okie_6Shooter 04-01-2014 04:52 AM

I have a light on my bed side gun P229 but I want to keep it light and concealable for a carry gun. Invest in some good night sights.

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk

trigger643 04-01-2014 09:35 AM

My daily carry and nightstand gun is a 340pd with CT grips. I don't rely on or notice the red dot in daylight. However in low light conditions it comes in handy.

eatmydust 04-01-2014 10:30 AM

The only handgun laser I would recommend is the Crimson Trace Laser grip that is actuated upon gripping the weapon. A laser sight that must be consciously switched on prior to engaging the target is a waste of time & money, IMO.

Yes I have both types and only use the CT grip.

G30USMC 04-01-2014 10:31 AM

Don't have one on my off duty weapon, have one on my duty G21...... Personally I would prefer no laser

winds-of-change 04-01-2014 10:44 AM

I think in a self defense situation, you won't have time to use the laser and the thug will probably be close enough you won't need to use one.

JonM 04-01-2014 12:45 PM

What winds said.

Civies dont do what police do. Police will often hold suspects at gunpoint more often than shooting them.

Civilians if they have a gun out its gone so far off the edge the only thing to be doing at that point is launching bullets. You havent got time for dot gazing.