Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f17/)
-   -   This is lame! (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f17/lame-93176/)

Randyman59 07-01-2013 02:37 AM

This is lame!

Looks like Texas screwed my application up.
I had everything to mail in except the proof of classroom and shooting proficiency. Took class April 20, mailed ALL paperwork in one envelope on May 11th.
I kept checking Texas DPS website for status and finally got a status report June 28th.
Application: received
Fingerprints: complete
Affidavits: received
DL: valid
Citizenship: check
Passport photo holder: under review
Photo: received
Proof of classroom training: NOT RECEIVED!
Proof of Proficiency training: NOT RECEIVED!
Proof of Special condition(honorable discharge) NOT RECEIVED!
Fee: Received

ALL THIS STUFF WAS IN ONE ENVELOPE! DID THEY LOSE MY STUFF?

TELL ME HOW THEY "RECEIVED" SOME BUT NOT ALL! COME ON PEOPLE!!

I would expect this from Illinois or somewhere, but TEXAS?

Sorry guys. Just venting.........Patience. Patience. Patience..

JW357 07-01-2013 06:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Randyman59
Looks like Texas screwed my application up.
I had everything to mail in except the proof of classroom and shooting proficiency. Took class April 20, mailed ALL paperwork in one envelope on May 11th.
I kept checking Texas DPS website for status and finally got a status report June 28th.
Application: received
Fingerprints: complete
Affidavits: received
DL: valid
Citizenship: check
Passport photo holder: under review
Photo: received
Proof of classroom training: NOT RECEIVED!
Proof of Proficiency training: NOT RECEIVED!
Proof of Special condition(honorable discharge) NOT RECEIVED!
Fee: Received

ALL THIS STUFF WAS IN ONE ENVELOPE! DID THEY LOSE MY STUFF?

TELL ME HOW THEY "RECEIVED" SOME BUT NOT ALL! COME ON PEOPLE!!

I would expect this from Illinois or somewhere, but TEXAS?

Sorry guys. Just venting.........Patience. Patience. Patience..

Crappy situation. Best of luck to ya. I'd be on the phone, letting them know of their screwup. Hope you made copies of your certs.

Randyman59 07-02-2013 01:13 AM

Finally got thru to Austin today about my CHL application.
They told me the form used by my intructor was an old form and they didn't accept it any longer. Even mailed my original form back to me. Called my instructor and he told me about the old forms he has and was told to use them until notified. A couple of people in my class already have license. So, just a matter of stopping tomorrow and getting new form. Also, I sent a copy of my DD 214 form and I guess they lost it. Again, no problem. Already got a copy to send them. The guy I talked to in Austin assured me those were the only two holdups I had.
I feel better already....

HOSSFLY 07-02-2013 01:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Randyman59 (Post 1292527)
Finally got thru to Austin today about my CHL application.
They told me the form used by my intructor was an old form and they didn't accept it any longer. Even mailed my original form back to me. Called my instructor and he told me about the old forms he has and was told to use them until notified. A couple of people in my class already have license. So, just a matter of stopping tomorrow and getting new form. Also, I sent a copy of my DD 214 form and I guess they lost it. Again, no problem. Already got a copy to send them. The guy I talked to in Austin assured me those were the only two holdups I had.
I feel better already....

Me too my friend ;)

phildenton 07-02-2013 02:38 AM

Sounds like quite the hassle. Good luck to you.

nitestalker 07-02-2013 03:03 AM

This is just more Bureaucratic red tape. These are indications of what can be done to deny 2 Amendment Freedoms. The more conservative states allow concealed and open carry without permission from their politicians.
The gun owners in Texas should petition their government. They should demand their 2 Amendment freedoms. Join with Alaska,Arizona,Vermont and Wyoming in being a free state.:)

Randyman59 07-02-2013 10:04 AM

My instructor told me they had SO many applications hit Austin so quick(700 school teachers in one weekend took CHL classes), they were hiring temps to process. I guess one person to look at fingerprint documents, one to look at test scores,etc..
It's supposedly fixed...moving on....:D