Lady gets pistol on air plane - Page 3

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Lady gets pistol on air plane

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-05-2012, 10:01 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 42 Times on 36 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
If you got into the security area and made it to your destination what on earth would drive you to be so stupid as to say oops i had a gun on the plane!!!!??????!!

This probably happens a lot and we only hear about it when some is dumb enough to turn themselves in to the political masters.
I dunno....doesn't New Jersey have some ridiculous gun laws? Perhaps she felt she'd rather own up on her terms than have to keep it under wraps for the duration of her stay.

And then there's the problem of getting it back to Florida.

XD-40 service, XD-9sc, member GeorgiaCarry.Org, National Rifle Association, Gun Owners of America, North American Hunting Club, Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation

Old 11-11-2012, 05:21 AM   #22

Liked 156 Times on 93 Posts

No problem getting it back to Florida, just put it in checked luggage (locked case and empty of course), ammo can ride too just separate from the weapon. In light of recent events, said weapon not getting stolen from said checked luggage though could be a point of concern...

The United States Constitution © 1791. All Rights Reserved

Old 11-11-2012, 11:33 AM   #23

Liked 127 Times on 96 Posts
Likes Given: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoreAltitude View Post
No problem getting it back to Florida, just put it in checked luggage (locked case and empty of course), ammo can ride too just separate from the weapon. In light of recent events, said weapon not getting stolen from said checked luggage though could be a point of concern...
Ammo can be in the same container. It can even be loaded in mags. But it must be "covered" so that the ammo is not visible.

I could make a list of a bunch of guns i have, or "have", or wish I had. Why would one feel compelled to provide that infornation freely? Do you feel the need to show off? Is it some immature game of oneupsmanship?

Why do you feel it necessary to list your guns?

Old 11-11-2012, 02:17 PM   #24

Liked 42 Times on 36 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoreAltitude View Post
New Jersey has some horrendous gun laws...the problem might be declaring the gun for transport when she isn't legal to be in possession of the gun in New Jersey.

XD-40 service, XD-9sc, member GeorgiaCarry.Org, National Rifle Association, Gun Owners of America, North American Hunting Club, Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation

Old 11-11-2012, 02:22 PM   #25

Yes, here is the short version of the rules about that
1. Ammunition must be securely packed in wood, metal, or fiber (like cardboard) boxes that is specifically designed to carry small amounts of ammunition.
2. Ammunition may be carried in the same locking case as the firearm, as long as it is packed as described above.
3. You can’t use firearm magazines/clips for packing ammunition unless they ‘completely and securely enclose the ammunition’. (example: ‘by securely covering the exposed portions of the magazine or by securely placing the magazine in a pouch, holder, holster, or lanyard&rsquo.

Old 11-11-2012, 02:31 PM   #26
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5684 Times on 2971 Posts
Likes Given: 377

Quote:
Originally Posted by treehugger49 View Post
New Jersey has some horrendous gun laws...the problem might be declaring the gun for transport when she isn't legal to be in possession of the gun in New Jersey.
the harsh truth is that the most effective way to get illegal items and drugs about the country is through the US postal service. the US Post office ships more drugs on a given day than all the illegal mules in the nation combined. you suffer less wrath from the political weenines shipping a gun undeclared than you do telling em you have one in new jersy to begin with.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 11-11-2012, 02:39 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by treehugger49

Wow, I have never lived in the northeast and unfamiliar with the horrendous laws I keep hearing about. Let me ask a question, lets say someone is over 21, has a handgun in a locked case, and is not a felon. They take it to the airport or wherever, in New Jersey, what problems could you have with law enforcement? If you answer back with anything over than "nothing to worry about", my southern mind might not be able to compute...