kel tec pf 9
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > kel tec pf 9

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-23-2011, 06:46 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default kel tec pf 9

hello everyone I have a concealed carry liscens and wanted to get something bigger than the .380 I usually carry. I decided to go with a kel tec pf 9 in tan. does anyone know anything about then or have any experience with them. what I have found is that it's a great looking small framed gun in a 9 and extremely inexpensive. any input is appreciated.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-24-2011, 04:48 PM   #2

Liked 35 Times on 29 Posts

I've read pros & cons about the PF9. My personal experience is a 'con'. One thing I've read is that they can be picky about ammo & mine has feeding problems with anything but 115 grain FMJ & HPs. It refuses to cycle 124 or 147 grain, regardless if it is FMJ or HP & definitely will not cycle +P ammo. It's been to the factory 3 times & they can't make it work. I suspect a different recoil spring, magazine spring or maybe both would fix it, but they do not make any alternate springs for it.

It's not a lot of fun to shoot at the range either.

Old 11-24-2011, 07:27 PM   #3

Mine is a definite pro view. In over 2000 rounds I have never had a problem. Mine loves anything I've ever feed through it. I also have a P3AT and a P32. The P32 had some feeding issues an Kel Tec fixed it no questions asked. I'm very much a fan of all my Kel Tec pistols. Hope this helps.

Old 11-24-2011, 11:30 PM   #4

Liked 2182 Times on 1472 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinnytombs View Post
hello everyone I have a concealed carry liscens and wanted to get something bigger than the .380 I usually carry. I decided to go with a kel tec pf 9 in tan. does anyone know anything about then or have any experience with them. what I have found is that it's a great looking small framed gun in a 9 and extremely inexpensive. any input is appreciated.
Looked at them, handled them- Have a friend with one & he swears by it-
Never really heard any bad things about them-
If I needed a smaller 9mm I think i'd buy one

Old 11-25-2011, 06:46 PM   #5

what is +p ammo??

Old 11-25-2011, 06:55 PM   #6

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinnytombs
what is +p ammo??
+P ammo is rated High velocity .

Old 11-25-2011, 07:55 PM   #7

Liked 329 Times on 261 Posts
Likes Given: 34

vinny ,I carried one for 2 1/2 years. I had exactly zero problems except rubbing most of the skin off the knuckel on my thumb, I had fired around 2000 rounds with no problems at all. Only sold it to carry a kahr cm9 and cw9. If you but one it will have a one finger add-on for you to put to a mag. DO IT. Gives that little finger something to hold on to. Buy some cheap 115gr or 124 gr ammo for practice and shoot up around 400 rounds first. Then you can try some hp ammo. I used 2 loads .Hornadys 115gr CD ammo and georgia arms 124gr HP ammo.

For a 13oz pistol it does tend to recoil a bit more than about anything but it does make a good carry gun . Go to KTOG forum to learn more about what they call fluff and buff and check out the way to lube it correctly on the site. Take the mags apart to and clean and lube lightly with break free and debure the followers edges. GREAT site for info and help if needed. Some of us use a hogue gripper slip on for the grip to help hold on during range time. OR get a old bike inner tube for those race skinny tires. Cut several strips , 1/2", 7/8" and 1 1/2" and 13/4 put one on over the other to build up the grip till you get use to it. It does help. Price should be around 240 to 250 dollars. If its higher by much check with other dealers in your area and the local small shop tends to be better than many big boy shops. When you buy it ,go home read about it. understand how it works well before going to the range. Buy some Breakfree clp for lube.

Old 11-25-2011, 09:58 PM   #8

well since I have heard alotta good I decided to purchase the tan one thanks for all the help and for future reference gun broker is the way to go sug retail is 385 I paid 250 for one brand new

Newest Threads