"Keep" , "Bear" , "Infringed" - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > "Keep" , "Bear" , "Infringed"

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-18-2013, 11:24 PM   #11
McCool@email.com
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 7104 Times on 3887 Posts
Likes Given: 14354

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRAPPER1
I HAVE TO AGREE WITH YOU BUT WHAT ABOUT THE NUT CASE THAT JUST BUTCHERED ALL THOSE CHILDREN DON'T YOU BELIEVE A BACK GROUND CHECK OF EVERYONE WOULD STOP THese SEN LESS ACTS . I SUPPORT THE NRA ALSO I LIVE IN CANADA I HAVE A BACK GROUND CHECK ON ME EVERY DAY 365 DAYS OF THE YEAR BECAUSE I OWN A HAND GUN . AND I THINK THAT IS A GOOD IDEA . IF I'M NOT FIT TO HAVE A GUN . YES THE LAW CAN HAVE IT . BUT I WILL ALWAYS PUT A CHILD A HEAD OF MY PRIVILEGE TO HAVE A GUN God love them all .trapper1
In the U.S. we do not trust the few in government to decide who should be permitted or denied the right to arms. Only those CONVICTED of crimes forfeit their rights in this country.

Old 03-18-2013, 11:25 PM   #12
McCool@email.com
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7104 Times on 3887 Posts
Likes Given: 14354

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello
August of 2009 was the last post until today; kinda dusty here.

I do wish they had chosen a word other than "bear".
Just some Canadian troll looking for a fight. And dammit I bit.
Old 03-19-2013, 05:05 AM   #13

Liked 104 Times on 87 Posts
Likes Given: 219

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRAPPER1 View Post
I HAVE TO AGREE WITH YOU BUT WHAT ABOUT THE NUT CASE THAT JUST BUTCHERED ALL THOSE CHILDREN DON'T YOU BELIEVE A BACK GROUND CHECK OF EVERYONE WOULD STOP THese SEN LESS ACTS . I SUPPORT THE NRA ALSO I LIVE IN CANADA I HAVE A BACK GROUND CHECK ON ME EVERY DAY 365 DAYS OF THE YEAR BECAUSE I OWN A HAND GUN . AND I THINK THAT IS A GOOD IDEA . IF I'M NOT FIT TO HAVE A GUN . YES THE LAW CAN HAVE IT . BUT I WILL ALWAYS PUT A CHILD A HEAD OF MY PRIVILEGE TO HAVE A GUN God love them all .trapper1
Just so you know, to get our license to carry we go through extensive background checks. Secondly, in the usa it is a right, not a revocable priveledge,third, the psycho was already prohibited, had failed a background check, he killed his mom and broke into her gunsafe, fourth, canada can go F* itself.

Old 03-19-2013, 05:41 AM   #14

Liked 4790 Times on 2679 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

Owning a modern handgun in Canada is a useless drill. My good friend who ranches in Canada finally surrendered his handgun permit and sold his Ruger .22 Auto. Your home can be entered by the Federal Police without warning day or night if you own a modern pistol.
He owns thousands of acres and lives 50 miles from any town. He can not fire the handgun any where except on an approved range. The nearest range is an hour away from his ranch.

Old 03-19-2013, 06:01 AM   #15
Concealed Carry Instructor
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 946 Times on 622 Posts
Likes Given: 229

Couple things

Your forum name here, is mine on a Glock forum. Small world. AR10 was taken there, and your name popped into my head.

Secondly, welcome to these gun forums.

Third, open carry is foolish, and it brings gun owners into a bad light, every time another you tube video pops up.

Guns are like a dick, keep it hidden till you need it.

Old 03-19-2013, 07:04 AM   #16

Cops open carry, why shouldnt civilians have the option? They both have pros and cons. Only a foolish person would dismiss oc without any critical thinking, assuming they are capable of such.

Old 03-19-2013, 07:23 AM   #17
Concealed Carry Instructor
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 946 Times on 622 Posts
Likes Given: 229

Show me one case where open carry worked out well for all involved?

There are several hundred videos on you tube, and they range from dumb to dumber.

I will retract my foolish comment once you post one video where, in the USA, all went well.

In Switzerland, you may find babes strolling along a beach, or lounging in a park, reading a book, while they have a full auto rifle at their side. However, our culture, is not their culture. In our culture, the guns strength is in their silence.

I am all for a complete Second Amendment, however, I do not need to see a gun, to know people carry.

Old 03-19-2013, 03:43 PM   #18

Liked 4790 Times on 2679 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

Gees what gun? I didn't see any guns in that picture.

Old 03-19-2013, 03:43 PM   #19

A smart person wont be confrontational, and will be judicious about when to and not to oc. I like to go backpacking in the summer, i carry a service size revolver, so to cc would mean wearing extra heavy clothing, not desirable. Besides the heat factor, you dont want to have that additional split second when facing off with a mountain lion. Along the same lines as a person who chooses to carry a 1911 in condition 1, to save time. There is a time and place for most things. And with all that said, it is a right in many jurisdictions, just as your right to make uneducated remarks. Now, what about the youtube clips, albeit few they are, where both the individual and leo were polite to eachother?

Old 03-19-2013, 07:28 PM   #20

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default background check

Quote:
Originally Posted by phildenton View Post
Just so you know, to get our license to carry we go through extensive background checks. Secondly, in the usa it is a right, not a revocable priveledge,third, the psycho was already prohibited, had failed a background check, he killed his mom and broke into her gunsafe, fourth, canada can go F* itself.
Dear Sir you say you need a background check to carry . but do you need a background check to purchase a firearm with a mag . that will hold 30 rounds ? do not come to a battle of wits with me because you come on armed. Trapper1