"Keep" , "Bear" , "Infringed"
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > "Keep" , "Bear" , "Infringed"

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-24-2009, 04:37 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default "Keep" , "Bear" , "Infringed"

I live in Indiana and I've had a CCW permit for years. I've had some issues however with the State of Indiana's "permission" to carry. I'm starting to realize that the state has no right to restrict, impede or INFRINGE on a right that is guaranteed by the US Constitution. In other words, the right does not belong to the state and therefore it can't give or grant the right to us.
In fact, no state, or municipality has this right. (the DC gun ban was a good example).

Three little words are where it all hangs (in my opinion).
Keep
Bear
Infringed

"Keep" means to own or have in one's complete control.

"Bear" means to carry. (they came bearing gifts, the burden that I bear)

"Infringed" means to impede or restrict.

My CCW just ran out. I'm considering openly carrying to be the lamb willing to take this to the supreme court. (I just can't afford it myself).
It's my opinion that the constitution was written so that the average person with adequate education could understand and live by it. After all, it was written for of and by the people.
We MUST set this in stone before the new administration has a chance to appoint any other activist SC Judges. The DC gun ban was only overturned by one vote.
As I see it, the 2nd amendment IS MY RIGHT TO CARRY.
PLEASE SOMEONE, tell me where I'm wrong in this. Not your opinion about how evil guns are or if it's applicable to our society today, but what the constitution says.
What's next? A permit to speak freely? A permit to live? A permit to liberty? They've already taken our right to own property in the state. (if you don't pay your property tax, they take your home, so who really owns it?).

So the bottom line question that I'm asking is this.

How does any government institution (state, county, municipality) think that they have the right to restrict or impede my right to bear? Any attempt to do so would seem to me, be an infringement!

Of course I realize this does NOT apply to someone's private property. I can't walk into a store if they request that no firearms are allowed. It's their property and it's their right to exclude. I simply don't have to do business with them. BUT, peaceable travel in any public setting should not be restricted.

"A truly sovereign nation is a nation made up of truly sovereign individuals."
-Kevin Plank

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-24-2009, 05:22 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 83 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 5

I don't think you'll find many people here who disagree with your statement. Glad to have you! If you haven't done so, please stop by the introduction area and let everyone know you're here.

If the pain is lacking so is the discipline...

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

Old 08-24-2009, 06:09 PM   #3

Liked 1102 Times on 677 Posts
Likes Given: 2389

Your have got it absolutly right. Your in good company here and will find many many like minded fellows. Glad to have you on the forums!

“Let it not be said that no one cared, that no one objected once it’s realized that our liberties and wealth are in jeopardy.”
---Ron Paul

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetuate it."
---Dr. Martin Luther King

"If you think we are free today, you know nothing about tyranny and even less about freedom."
---Tom Braun

Old 08-24-2009, 10:41 PM   #4

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

You are completely right, however, being right doesn't pull much weight anymore. The government does all sorts of stuff they have no right to do according to the constitution. They use the constitution for buttwipe.

Old 08-25-2009, 12:15 AM   #5

Liked 10 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 10

Default You have got a point--BUT--

Shallnotbe, I am an Indiana boy myself, although by younger years were spent in SW Fla., down by Cane's Home 20. I have held an Indiana Personal Protection Permit since 1978 and just last April, re-newed and got the Lifetime Permit. I suggest you do the same. Yes your ideas are correct, but how much $$ do you have for legal fees to prove it. Trust me the Lifetime Permit will cost WAY less.

NRA Life MEMBER 1976

Old 08-25-2009, 01:01 PM   #6
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 54 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by BILLYBOB44 View Post
Shallnotbe, I am an Indiana boy myself, although by younger years were spent in SW Fla., down by Cane's Home 20. I have held an Indiana Personal Protection Permit since 1978 and just last April, re-newed and got the Lifetime Permit. I suggest you do the same. Yes your ideas are correct, but how much $$ do you have for legal fees to prove it. Trust me the Lifetime Permit will cost WAY less.
There will always be LIBERAL AZZHOLES in government, albeit local, state, or federal. Stand your ground, or lose your liberty. It sucks, but it's a fact of life.

Old 08-27-2009, 02:14 AM   #7

Liked 10 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 10

Default Thank you Mark F.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark F View Post
There will always be LIBERAL AZZHOLES in government, albeit local, state, or federal. Stand your ground, or lose your liberty. It sucks, but it's a fact of life.
I take that as a compliment Mark, that you do NOT place me in that category of LIBERAL AZZHOLES. I wish you also to have a GREAT day.

NRA Life MEMBER 1976

Old 03-18-2013, 10:56 PM   #8

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I HAVE TO AGREE WITH YOU BUT WHAT ABOUT THE NUT CASE THAT JUST BUTCHERED ALL THOSE CHILDREN DON'T YOU BELIEVE A BACK GROUND CHECK OF EVERYONE WOULD STOP THese SEN LESS ACTS . I SUPPORT THE NRA ALSO I LIVE IN CANADA I HAVE A BACK GROUND CHECK ON ME EVERY DAY 365 DAYS OF THE YEAR BECAUSE I OWN A HAND GUN . AND I THINK THAT IS A GOOD IDEA . IF I'M NOT FIT TO HAVE A GUN . YES THE LAW CAN HAVE IT . BUT I WILL ALWAYS PUT A CHILD A HEAD OF MY PRIVILEGE TO HAVE A GUN God love them all .trapper1

Old 03-18-2013, 10:59 PM   #9

Liked 587 Times on 393 Posts
Likes Given: 47

No need to yell... Damn..

Rise and rise again, until lambs become lions....

DISCE PATI

Fear cuts deeper then the sword.

Old 03-18-2013, 11:21 PM   #10
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5732 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

August of 2009 was the last post until today; kinda dusty here.

I do wish they had chosen a word other than "bear".

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

winds-of-change Likes This