Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f17/)
-   -   "Keep" , "Bear" , "Infringed" (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f17/keep-bear-infringed-17292/)

Shallnotbeinfringed 08-24-2009 04:37 PM

"Keep" , "Bear" , "Infringed"

I live in Indiana and I've had a CCW permit for years. I've had some issues however with the State of Indiana's "permission" to carry. I'm starting to realize that the state has no right to restrict, impede or INFRINGE on a right that is guaranteed by the US Constitution. In other words, the right does not belong to the state and therefore it can't give or grant the right to us.
In fact, no state, or municipality has this right. (the DC gun ban was a good example).

Three little words are where it all hangs (in my opinion).
Keep
Bear
Infringed

"Keep" means to own or have in one's complete control.

"Bear" means to carry. (they came bearing gifts, the burden that I bear)

"Infringed" means to impede or restrict.

My CCW just ran out. I'm considering openly carrying to be the lamb willing to take this to the supreme court. (I just can't afford it myself).
It's my opinion that the constitution was written so that the average person with adequate education could understand and live by it. After all, it was written for of and by the people.
We MUST set this in stone before the new administration has a chance to appoint any other activist SC Judges. The DC gun ban was only overturned by one vote.
As I see it, the 2nd amendment IS MY RIGHT TO CARRY.
PLEASE SOMEONE, tell me where I'm wrong in this. Not your opinion about how evil guns are or if it's applicable to our society today, but what the constitution says.
What's next? A permit to speak freely? A permit to live? A permit to liberty? They've already taken our right to own property in the state. (if you don't pay your property tax, they take your home, so who really owns it?).

So the bottom line question that I'm asking is this.

How does any government institution (state, county, municipality) think that they have the right to restrict or impede my right to bear? Any attempt to do so would seem to me, be an infringement!

Of course I realize this does NOT apply to someone's private property. I can't walk into a store if they request that no firearms are allowed. It's their property and it's their right to exclude. I simply don't have to do business with them. BUT, peaceable travel in any public setting should not be restricted.

"A truly sovereign nation is a nation made up of truly sovereign individuals."
-Kevin Plank

spittinfire 08-24-2009 05:22 PM

I don't think you'll find many people here who disagree with your statement. Glad to have you! If you haven't done so, please stop by the introduction area and let everyone know you're here.

BigByrd47119 08-24-2009 06:09 PM

Your have got it absolutly right. Your in good company here and will find many many like minded fellows. Glad to have you on the forums! :)

Gojubrian 08-24-2009 10:41 PM

You are completely right, however, being right doesn't pull much weight anymore. The government does all sorts of stuff they have no right to do according to the constitution. They use the constitution for buttwipe. :mad:

BILLYBOB44 08-25-2009 12:15 AM

You have got a point--BUT--

Shallnotbe, I am an Indiana boy myself, although by younger years were spent in SW Fla., down by Cane's Home 20. I have held an Indiana Personal Protection Permit since 1978 and just last April, re-newed and got the Lifetime Permit. I suggest you do the same. Yes your ideas are correct, but how much $$ do you have for legal fees to prove it. Trust me the Lifetime Permit will cost WAY less.:eek::confused::p:D

Mark F 08-25-2009 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BILLYBOB44 (Post 150273)
Shallnotbe, I am an Indiana boy myself, although by younger years were spent in SW Fla., down by Cane's Home 20. I have held an Indiana Personal Protection Permit since 1978 and just last April, re-newed and got the Lifetime Permit. I suggest you do the same. Yes your ideas are correct, but how much $$ do you have for legal fees to prove it. Trust me the Lifetime Permit will cost WAY less.:eek::confused::p:D

There will always be LIBERAL AZZHOLES in government, albeit local, state, or federal. Stand your ground, or lose your liberty. It sucks, but it's a fact of life.

BILLYBOB44 08-27-2009 02:14 AM

Thank you Mark F.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark F (Post 150475)
There will always be LIBERAL AZZHOLES in government, albeit local, state, or federal. Stand your ground, or lose your liberty. It sucks, but it's a fact of life.

I take that as a compliment Mark, that you do NOT place me in that category of LIBERAL AZZHOLES. I wish you also to have a GREAT day.:confused::D:confused:

TRAPPER1 03-18-2013 10:56 PM

I HAVE TO AGREE WITH YOU BUT WHAT ABOUT THE NUT CASE THAT JUST BUTCHERED ALL THOSE CHILDREN DON'T YOU BELIEVE A BACK GROUND CHECK OF EVERYONE WOULD STOP THese SEN LESS ACTS . I SUPPORT THE NRA ALSO I LIVE IN CANADA I HAVE A BACK GROUND CHECK ON ME EVERY DAY 365 DAYS OF THE YEAR BECAUSE I OWN A HAND GUN . AND I THINK THAT IS A GOOD IDEA . IF I'M NOT FIT TO HAVE A GUN . YES THE LAW CAN HAVE IT . BUT I WILL ALWAYS PUT A CHILD A HEAD OF MY PRIVILEGE TO HAVE A GUN God love them all .trapper1

deadsp0t 03-18-2013 10:59 PM

No need to yell... Damn..

orangello 03-18-2013 11:21 PM

August of 2009 was the last post until today; kinda dusty here.

I do wish they had chosen a word other than "bear".