Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Kahr pm9

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2012, 06:19 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Kahr pm9

Who else has the pm9 and really enjoys it? What are your pros and cons of the gun?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-15-2012, 01:44 PM   #2

Liked 207 Times on 166 Posts
Likes Given: 15

I have carried a couple kahrs over the last few years. To me the only down side of the PM is the cost. Thats why I bought the cm9 for pocket carry. I grew up shooting revolvers so for me the trigger pull is like the best DA trigger ever, smooth and light. I also never did any "breakin" as some say to do by racking the slide hundreds of times. Bought a few hundred rounds of 124gr fmj and cleaned it up well ,lubed a bit on the wet side and ran 400 rounds trouble free. Some 115gr loads when the pistol is new may not have the energy to fully cycle the slides. After a 100 rounds the lighter ammo tends to work too. My CC ammo is a seer gold dot 124gr loaded to +P levels and that cm9 has so far 1150 rounds fired with not a single problem. Same for my cw9. Get a used and free 1.75" inner tube at a bike shop free and cover the grip with it to aid in grip control . That may be the only real issue at the range is just hang'n on to it during shooting sections. If your going to pocket carry the pm/cm series are the ones to buy . IF iwb the cw/p series work better offereing a full grip for most of us and a 1/2" longer barrel with 2 oz's more weight. . You can look at there site to read the minor differences in parts. Barrel rifleing, assembly pin forged vs bilet, sights and a few slide milling details.

Old 11-15-2012, 03:47 PM   #3

Thanks for the input, I will make sure to lube up my pm9 really good before I take it out for the first time.

Old 11-15-2012, 04:22 PM   #4

Liked 25 Times on 15 Posts
Likes Given: 17

I've had one for about 2 years. Great gun. Love the conceal-ability of it, not a "pocket gun" at least for me and my size but definitely easy to conceal in small of back or ankle holster. Also, liked that it was 9mm and most of my other guns are that caliber. I would agree the major downside was cost. I will also say the customer service at Kahr is great, had a mag that had an issue with the spring and follower and they replaced it at no cost.

Albert Einstein "The important thing is not to stop questioning"

Old 11-15-2012, 10:34 PM   #5

Liked 68 Times on 53 Posts
Likes Given: 113

I had a PM9. I never did carry it because it never was reliable. Mine was having the 2nd round nose dive issue. The first round would fire fine, but the second round would get hung up under the feed ramp and jam. This happened quite often regardless of what ammunition I used. It also randomly failed to lock the slide back after the last round was fired. It would get worse the more you fired the gun. I went through the suggest Kahr prep before firing the gun. Then I spent months sending the gun back and forth to Kahr. It never worked right. I was very disappointed for what the gun cost me.

Seems the PM9 and the CM9 are hit or miss. Some people never have an issue with them, others have nothing but problems. I couldn't stand it anymore and sold it and bought an M&P Shield instead. No goofy prep and no break in. It has just worked straight out of the box with no issues.

Old 11-16-2012, 12:14 AM   #6

Liked 12 Times on 10 Posts

I have had one for three years. Never any problems. I added nite sights to it. Carry it owb in a Ryan Grizzle High Country (high ride). Also carry it in pocket on occasion. I own three Kahrs (PM9, MK40, P380). Great guns in my opinion.

"Honey, can I buy another gun?" "Why another gun?" "I just figured out that I am two guns short of never enough!"

Old 12-23-2012, 09:01 AM   #7
jyo

Liked 17 Times on 13 Posts
Likes Given: 3

I went with the slightly larger CW9---grip just too small for me on the PM9/CM9---this takes it out of the pocket-carry size (unless you wear "cargo" pants most of the time---I do. Bought two for the wife and I---both run 100%. Fine, quality pistols.

Old 12-23-2012, 04:22 PM   #8

Liked 207 Times on 166 Posts
Likes Given: 15

polygon To bad you did not try a shield sized pistol in the kahr line first. That would be the CW9. To many guys just don't have strong enought control of the smaller version or they use a cheap 115gr ammo that fails to have the recoil needed to get a full cycle to be able to function when brand new. . Its quiet a bit smaller and lighter than the shield. I first kahr came from a guy sounding just like you. great pistol for me. My other, new kahr got no "goofy prep or break in" just worked great from round one.