Justified shooting...and lose your firearm....? - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection >

Justified shooting...and lose your firearm....?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2012, 03:54 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by robocop10mm View Post
I feel sorry for those of you who live in a jurisdiction where a legally defensible shooting will result in an arrest. In my County of jurisdiction, the case will be thoroughly investigated and handled accordingly. You will be arrested only when there is probable cause to believe you committed a crime. Your gun will be returned as soon as cleared to do so by the presiding judge (a judge presides over the Grand Jury cases).

In the County of my residence, you will be thoroughly investigated and your gun will be returned along with a medal for ridding society of a miscreant thug.
That's the way it should be everywhere.

Old 03-01-2012, 11:24 PM   #22

Liked 69 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 117

I think some of you need to check into that. I've been told, by Police, that you will not be arrested. You will be detained until they can sort out the situation.

Old 03-02-2012, 02:50 AM   #23

Liked 201 Times on 138 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepergeo
Your bad dream is actually close to reality.

Google Sherriff Floyd Tidwell and san Bernardino. That Sherriff stole something like 500 evidence guns while he was in office, which means he stole about 1 per week. These guns were given to friendx and to many deputies as gifts. When he got caught, they did an amnesty program to get the guns turned in, but few made it...though the local press did report many deputies taking trips to Lake Meade (ok, the lake meade comment was a joke).

My point is that the folks we pay to protect us and to uphold the law are often the same ones that trample our 2nd amendment rights. So yeah, legally use your gun to defend your slef and it will most of the time be permanently lost. Oh, and to make matters worse, your concealed carry permit will likely be denied renewal.
I have never ever heard of anyone lossing thier weapon or thier ccw. A couple years ago in nearby louisville a 70 yr old man shot and killed a 19 yr old white male. He didnt go to jail, his weapon was not confiscated and after LMPD got his statement he drove home in his own vehicle. This was also the second time this individual defended himself with a firearm.

I understand the need for leos to run tests on my weapon to confirm it was the firearm used but i better get it back. Its not because i have high end weapons, which i dont, its the principal of the issue. I cant believe there arent more of you guys protesting the matter.
NEF Protector Pump, 12 gauge
Savage Model 64, .22LR
NEF Pardner Tracker II, 12 gauge
Rock Island Armory 1911A1, .45 ACP
Remington 870 'Express Magnum' 12 gauge
Bersa Thunder .380

Old 03-02-2012, 02:25 PM   #24

Liked 164 Times on 116 Posts
Likes Given: 260

Thankfully, here if it is a justified shooting, after all of the evidence is collected you will be given a ride home with several atta boys and pats on the back. The weapon will be returned and hopefully you and your family can put this all behind you quickly.

If you do not have the name and number of a Attorney that deals in gun laws it would be wise to get this information and keep it with you at all times. Like stated earlier the second call will be for legal counsel.

You give Peace a chance, we will cover you if it doesn't work out.

Old 03-02-2012, 05:13 PM   #25

Liked 1040 Times on 621 Posts
Likes Given: 16

In Oklahoma we have had the self defense act for quite a while, and we also have the castle doctrine. But i still hear of justified shootings ending in a prison sentence for the victim, its really a gamble here it seems. I think that if its a home invasion or a burglary,you will be fine,but if you are in public or walking to your car at night and have to use your gun in pure self defense? i honestly dont know, its unsettling to think that you may be held liable for protecting yourself from certain death.

Old 03-02-2012, 05:50 PM   #26

Liked 62 Times on 30 Posts
Likes Given: 71

It's always better to be tried by 12 than carried by 6. My Sgt always told me get a credit card with a 10,000 dollar limit and keep it in case you ever do have to use your weapon on duty or off. A good sgt will give you their gun when they take yours as evidence. As for ccw as stated be prepared to be arrested until all the facts come out. Best case scenario hope you never have to defend yourself.