Just signed up for ccw - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Just signed up for ccw

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-20-2009, 03:01 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Thanks for all the responses and info guys.

Old 08-20-2009, 10:51 AM   #12

I want a CCP. I can't get one because Wisconsin is full of liberals.

The Badger Herald: News: Still no go for concealed weapons in Wisconsin

I don't get it. If criminals are arming themselves either way, wouldn't you want to be able to fight back? The liberal left in my state has the mentality of "Oh you don't need a gun." Or "We don't want gang wars on our streets." They never thought about what they are going to do when someone else pulls a gun on them in public, or if they are caught in the middle of a robbery or some other crime, or get carjacked. Or ever look at the fact that nearly all conceal carry permit holders are law-abiding citizens. The only person in our state who is doing ANYTHING to help gun laws is that J.B. Van Hollen in that he's trying to make it harder for the police to give out disorderly conduct tickets for open carry. Then you got that ****in idiot Jim Doyle... I won't even get started on him. Cops can get conceal carry permits. I don't get why we trust ex-cops more than law-abiding citizens. There are crooked cops that shouldn't be trusted with a squad car much less a gun. And if ex-cops are allowed to carry, why are citizens not? Don't most conceal carry permit classes require you to have training on the range?

Even there, I do not see why we need a permit to protect ourselves with deadly force. The government does not reserve the right to tell us we can protect ourselves. The 2nd Amendment says we have the right to bear arms, meaning carry guns. If anything, I want open and concealed carry without a license. If it does mean huge gang shootouts or increases in crime, then there will be more armed citizens instead of a small police force who is not there to stop a crime in progress.

Last edited by hogger129; 08-20-2009 at 10:59 AM.

Old 08-20-2009, 10:53 AM   #13

What is the worst that could happen should I conceal carry here in Wisconsin? I would think it's probably a felony of some type. Open carry is legal, but even there, you can get a ticket for disorderly conduct if people get freaked out by it, which usually happens quite frequently if you live more in the city. Out in the country, people don't really care unless you're out shooting off guns at 12am when everyone is asleep.

Old 08-20-2009, 11:19 AM   #14
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Spent the first 3 hours watching film of probably the most boring lawyer the state had explaining state law and different scenarios. Instructor taught next day for about 5 hours. Real life happenings. Different spin on the law. Then shot 1,3,5 and 7 yards. Learned some that will be real usful.

SOUTHERN BORN CONSERVATIVE REDNECK AND VERY PROUD OF IT

ARMY 1970-1971 MP SGT Nam
Army 1976-1994 MP/CID Agent 1SG

Old 08-20-2009, 11:56 PM   #15
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Got a call from the sheriff's office today. My Concealed Carry had been approved and I could pick up the permit any time. Didn't waste any time getting there. Now I am legal and will not feel naked any more.

SOUTHERN BORN CONSERVATIVE REDNECK AND VERY PROUD OF IT

ARMY 1970-1971 MP SGT Nam
Army 1976-1994 MP/CID Agent 1SG

Old 08-21-2009, 12:20 AM   #16

FML. My parents are so far left I can't even HAVE a handgun, much less carry one in my state open OR concealed. It's all fine and dandy when I want to go hunting, but they think a handgun is pointless? I said I want one so I can go shoot with my friends from work... But there goes my liberal parents again with the "Oh you don't need a gun" talk. Or the "I don't want a gun in my house" talk, yet my father owns three guns himself - a shotgun, and two rifles (30-06 and a .22). Is there ANY way I can get them to at least see things my way? I guess because I want to own and shoot a handgun and exercise my constitutional rights, I must be a nut or crazy or something.

Last edited by hogger129; 08-21-2009 at 12:25 AM.

Old 08-21-2009, 12:27 AM   #17

Is anyone gonna answer my **** or am I just talking to a wall?

Old 08-21-2009, 12:43 AM   #18

Liked 1419 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogger129 View Post
Move out!

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 08-21-2009, 12:52 AM   #19

Liked 1102 Times on 677 Posts
Likes Given: 2389

Quote:
LOL! Sorry man, I was at the store or I would posted back sooner. ALright here it goes. The only real advice I can give is two things. First off, you try your damdest to talk them into letting you own one in their house. Explain why you want one and for what purpose. Im sure by now you have a Idea of what they will say in rebuttle. Back your case up with facts. Live in a high crime area? bring that into the equation. Make it clear that your willing to do what they want you to, if it will make them comfortable with it, at least untill you move out. Which brings me to your second option, move out. I know this isnt always a viable option, but its a option none the less. Maybe take your dad (you said he had several firearms) to the gun range w/your friends so he can see your safe with them. Build his confidence in your ability to handle a gun. These are the things I did and it worked for me

Best of luck to you!

“Let it not be said that no one cared, that no one objected once it’s realized that our liberties and wealth are in jeopardy.”
---Ron Paul

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetuate it."
---Dr. Martin Luther King

"If you think we are free today, you know nothing about tyranny and even less about freedom."
---Tom Braun

Old 08-21-2009, 02:12 AM   #20

Quote:
FML. My parents are so far left I can't even HAVE a handgun, much less carry one in my state open OR concealed. It's all fine and dandy when I want to go hunting, but they think a handgun is pointless? I said I want one so I can go shoot with my friends from work... But there goes my liberal parents again with the "Oh you don't need a gun" talk. Or the "I don't want a gun in my house" talk, yet my father owns three guns himself - a shotgun, and two rifles (30-06 and a .22). Is there ANY way I can get them to at least see things my way? I guess because I want to own and shoot a handgun and exercise my constitutional rights, I must be a nut or crazy or something.
Opinions are something that everyone has, and nothing short of a "life altering" experience is likely to change someone's opinion. You have about as much chance of swaying their opinion as they have of altering yours. You can try, and you may even get lucky. But since you describe them as "so far left" at best you'd get them to a moderate position. But, when you leave the nest you become the master of your own life. Be patient...you won't be living at home THAT much longer...will you? Just save money now so you can get what you really want when the time comes.