Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Just signed up for ccw

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-18-2009, 04:25 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

Default Just signed up for ccw

The class is pretty much all day saturday sept. 19th. They have been pretty filled up too from what I hear.

We'll be shooting from 3, 5, and 7yards both hands and single. That's pretty much all I know.

I'll probably be using a beretta 92f 9mm unless I can get the kimber and practice before then.

Anything else I need to know? What was your class like?

There are lots of other states that support our ccw laws as well.

It's on now.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-18-2009, 04:56 PM   #2
Administrator
FTF_ADMIN.png

Liked 697 Times on 387 Posts
Likes Given: 729

Mine was very long and very boring.

Not Registered? Register now! - It's free and helps the community grow.

Old 08-18-2009, 05:42 PM   #3

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

That's kind of what I figured. Luckily, I'm bringing a friend along to pass the time.

Old 08-18-2009, 05:46 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 83 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Mine too was long and boring, I spent most of the time in a classroom. The instructor did a good job trying to keep things moving but it was still long. I had a friend with me as well which definately helped. Good luck!

If the pain is lacking so is the discipline...

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

Old 08-18-2009, 06:06 PM   #5

Liked 26 Times on 21 Posts

Goju the classes are usually long and boring during the first half of the class discussing function, lecture and law parts, but dude, there is some important stuff contained in there and.... you can pose questions to your instructor that will reflect how well he does/does not know his chit and loves what he does, or if he is in it for the money, attention and could care less reasons.

Jack

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

“The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.”

Old 08-18-2009, 06:57 PM   #6

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

When I took the class, it was 10 hrs long, the first thing we did was the timed firing, then after we did the fingerprint/photo bit, then the noterizing, then in the classroom, the instructor spiced it up some with what would you do scenaries, then we had an open discussion on it, then he would give his own experiences, was not that boring, but it is all according to the instructor.

Layton

Old 08-18-2009, 07:23 PM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1174 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

The Utah non resident class I went to had no live fire requirement. Consequently, the permit isn't good for Nevada which requires live fire training. However, it is recognized by over thirty states.

...and of course I'm in CA where I can barely carry a pocketnife.

The class, being essentially a six hour lecture was kind of boring, but obviously a necessity.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 08-18-2009, 07:56 PM   #8

Liked 21 Times on 7 Posts

Thankfully, Georgia doesn't require a training class to get a GFL. As I also own property in SC, and since they don't recognize the GA permit, I'll have to go to their class in the future. Not sure I'll actually learn anything but sometimes you just have to fill the square...

Old 08-18-2009, 08:52 PM   #9
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 47 Times on 30 Posts
Likes Given: 12

My class was 10 hours long, but it was done in one day!

Old 08-19-2009, 05:41 AM   #10
WDB

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

WA doesn't require a class or a reason for your license nor do you have to express what firearm you will carry conseled. It's a background check and if you pass that your conseled license is good for five years, renew is even easier. When you buy a new pistol you do background check, if you have a CPL you get to take it home the same day, if you don't it's a three day wait. Considering most would consider WA a liberal state we got it pretty SWEET when it comes to the ability to enjoy our 2A

Congrats Goju on taking the step!

Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~ Thomas Jefferson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benning Boy View Post
If you're really bored, I'm your huckleberry. If you really want a challenge, I'm the one.

If you're really smart, you'll just peddle your paint.

Last edited by WDB; 08-19-2009 at 05:43 AM.