Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f17/)
-   -   Just signed up for ccw (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f17/just-signed-up-ccw-17086/)

Gojubrian 08-18-2009 04:25 PM

Just signed up for ccw

The class is pretty much all day saturday sept. 19th. They have been pretty filled up too from what I hear.

We'll be shooting from 3, 5, and 7yards both hands and single. That's pretty much all I know.

I'll probably be using a beretta 92f 9mm unless I can get the kimber and practice before then.

Anything else I need to know? What was your class like?

There are lots of other states that support our ccw laws as well.

It's on now.

notdku 08-18-2009 04:56 PM

Mine was very long and very boring.

Gojubrian 08-18-2009 05:42 PM

That's kind of what I figured. Luckily, I'm bringing a friend along to pass the time. :)

spittinfire 08-18-2009 05:46 PM

Mine too was long and boring, I spent most of the time in a classroom. The instructor did a good job trying to keep things moving but it was still long. I had a friend with me as well which definately helped. Good luck!

IGETEVEN 08-18-2009 06:06 PM

Goju the classes are usually long and boring during the first half of the class discussing function, lecture and law parts, but dude, there is some important stuff contained in there and.... you can pose questions to your instructor that will reflect how well he does/does not know his chit and loves what he does, or if he is in it for the money, attention and could care less reasons. :)

Jack

layton 08-18-2009 06:57 PM

When I took the class, it was 10 hrs long, the first thing we did was the timed firing, then after we did the fingerprint/photo bit, then the noterizing, then in the classroom, the instructor spiced it up some with what would you do scenaries, then we had an open discussion on it, then he would give his own experiences, was not that boring, but it is all according to the instructor.

Layton

CA357 08-18-2009 07:23 PM

The Utah non resident class I went to had no live fire requirement. Consequently, the permit isn't good for Nevada which requires live fire training. However, it is recognized by over thirty states. :D

...and of course I'm in CA where I can barely carry a pocketnife. :(

The class, being essentially a six hour lecture was kind of boring, but obviously a necessity.

NGIB 08-18-2009 07:56 PM

Thankfully, Georgia doesn't require a training class to get a GFL. As I also own property in SC, and since they don't recognize the GA permit, I'll have to go to their class in the future. Not sure I'll actually learn anything but sometimes you just have to fill the square...

Mark F 08-18-2009 08:52 PM

My class was 10 hours long, but it was done in one day!

WDB 08-19-2009 05:41 AM

WA doesn't require a class or a reason for your license nor do you have to express what firearm you will carry conseled. It's a background check and if you pass that your conseled license is good for five years, renew is even easier. When you buy a new pistol you do background check, if you have a CPL you get to take it home the same day, if you don't it's a three day wait. Considering most would consider WA a liberal state we got it pretty SWEET when it comes to the ability to enjoy our 2A:D

Congrats Goju on taking the step!