Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Just got pulled over!!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-10-2013, 02:02 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts

LE always knows you have a CCL. It shows up when they run your license.. I know because it happened to my wife.. She did not present her permit and when he ran her license, he noticed she had the CCL and asked was she carrying.

Old 07-10-2013, 02:08 PM   #22
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1767 Times on 988 Posts
Likes Given: 1302

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadsp0t View Post
We've had one or two over the past 8-10 years, they've all been unmarked though. Think LE put out a number you can call and you can also call 911. Think they also said to stop in a populated area, of course this was when the 'blue light bandit' was in the prowl
We get those blue light bandits around here on occasion. The last one was dealt with very harshly. They nailed him for stuff that would have been legal if it wasn't for the fact that he was committing a felony at the time.

Old 07-10-2013, 02:10 PM   #23
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1767 Times on 988 Posts
Likes Given: 1302

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontime View Post
LE always knows you have a CCL. It shows up when they run your license.. I know because it happened to my wife.. She did not present her permit and when he ran her license, he noticed she had the CCL and asked was she carrying.
No they don't, at least not around here.

Old 07-11-2013, 12:33 AM   #24
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 834 Times on 505 Posts
Likes Given: 179

state law rules

MI, we have to inform if we are carrying. If not, we have to inform what color underwear we are wearing, last time we did drugs, last time we drank alcohol, and our favorite tomato

Old 07-11-2013, 12:02 PM   #25

Liked 97 Times on 68 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontime
This is state dependent. Some states link the CCW and DMV info, some don't. Even if the do, it doesn't work if you are in someone else's car, driving a rental, or from out of state.

Old 07-11-2013, 01:05 PM   #26
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5468 Times on 2855 Posts
Likes Given: 354

Depends on where the stop happens. In madison kenosha milwaukee im not telling the officer anything. Pretty much elsewhere its always helped me out of a ticket in my thinking. Several times in the past its definately helped when the officer and i got to yacking about ccw and how retarded gun bans are...

Just depends on the type of police your dealing with.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

HOSSFLY Likes This 
Old 07-12-2013, 02:08 AM   #27

Liked 103 Times on 86 Posts
Likes Given: 219

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontime View Post
This varies by state. Some states connect the info, some dont, some are mandated to not do so, etc. You need to know the laws for where you are. In states where you are not required to inform than it comes down to personal choice, much like cc & oc. Sometimes it is a good idea to keep your mouth shut, sometimes its good to be up front.