Just got my crossbreed IWB
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Just got my crossbreed IWB

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-20-2014, 02:36 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 204 Times on 132 Posts
Likes Given: 48

Default Just got my crossbreed IWB

I'm waiting on my CWC and have been researching and trying some different holsters and some of my different guns for CC. Taking recommendations from some of you guys I decided to go with the Crossbreed appendix. I have an LC9 coming in the mail tomorrow that I plan on using as my every day carry. I originally went for the MiniTuck but they didn't make them for the LC9 so they told me to go to the appendix. I placed the order a week ago this passed Wednesday and it arrived Saturday!! I was surprised because on the web it says they have a 2 week turn around time. I expected to get my gun first.

It looks well made with quality leather with the molded portion well fastened to the leather. I put it on and it was quite comfortable by itself, the leather was very easy on my side. I know it will be different with the actual gun in it but I am impressed so far. Got to wait for my LGS to open tomorrow to pick gun up. They are closed on Mondays arrrg.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-20-2014, 02:57 PM   #2
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 1307 Times on 641 Posts
Likes Given: 818

I took out my Glock 17 in the car the other day and slipped it into the console pocket when we stopped to check on a guy stopped on the shoulder with car trouble. We took him to a telephone, then proceeded on our rounds -
After getting in and out several times, I noticed the Glock was still in the console.
IOW, I actually did not notice a substantial difference in feel between the Crossbreed holster alone, and with the gun in it.
Now mine is a Supertuck, but I doubt you will notice one heck of a lot of difference when you put the little LC9 into that holster -

I have three of them now, and their gunbelt - and every one of the Crossbreed products is very nice -

Terry

Jesus Christ told me to be armed.
The government wants me disarmed.
Guess which one I will obey?

Old 10-20-2014, 03:49 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmPaTerry View Post
I took out my Glock 17 in the car the other day and slipped it into the console pocket when we stopped to check on a guy stopped on the shoulder with car trouble. We took him to a telephone, then proceeded on our rounds -
After getting in and out several times, I noticed the Glock was still in the console.
IOW, I actually did not notice a substantial difference in feel between the Crossbreed holster alone, and with the gun in it.
Now mine is a Supertuck, but I doubt you will notice one heck of a lot of difference when you put the little LC9 into that holster -

I have three of them now, and their gunbelt - and every one of the Crossbreed products is very nice -
Nice to hear. I can't wait until tomorrow to check it out. I have a huge work load tomorrow so I won't have time to shoot it, but I can test the holster.

Old 10-20-2014, 06:49 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccase39 View Post
Nice to hear. I can't wait until tomorrow to check it out. I have a huge work load tomorrow so I won't have time to shoot it, but I can test the holster.

I've been wearing it all day and can't even tell. Is wearing it without a gun a bad way to start to break it in?

Old 10-20-2014, 08:42 PM   #5

Liked 201 Times on 132 Posts
Likes Given: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccase39 View Post
I've been wearing it all day and can't even tell. Is wearing it without a gun a bad way to start to break it in?
It didnt make a difference with my white hat holster.

If something is worth keeping, its worth fighting for.

Old 10-21-2014, 12:47 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flatblack79 View Post
It didnt make a difference with my white hat holster.
Stuck my Bodyguard in there today. Worked just fine and fit the Bodyguard well. The LC9 is a little bigger but I don't anticipate it being a problem.

Old 10-24-2014, 01:04 AM   #7

Ok so yesterday I got my pistol so I was able to really try this holster out. I tried various different positions, some worked some didn't which I expected. Before work I put it right in front of my hip bone. I own a restaurant and we got extremely busy. I was working the line in front of 120 plus from being in front of hot flames, spinning around, plating, running from stove to fridge to oven and to dry storage, picked up 5 gal of chicken stock etc etc etc. we just slowed down. I'm outside smoking and just realized I had this thing on. I COMPLETELY forgot I was wearing it.
If you have ever worked a kitchen you know how much of a hot and physical job it is and how fast you have to move, sometimes run.
I am extremely impressed. Have tried this with other guns in other holsters and I had to take them off.
I still need to find a more comfortable spot for sitting but as it continues to break in I'm sure I'll be fine. Thanks to all who recommended it.