Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f17/)
-   -   Just the facts on these choices (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f17/just-facts-these-choices-71430/)

Tillman7777 08-30-2012 12:26 PM

Just the facts on these choices

I live in central Florida and it is often hot. I currently carry either a CZ p07 in 9mm, or my FNX 40. I use a good belt and holster. On occasion i am also concealing a Bersa 380 as a back up. I have been researching 45's. I have narrowed my carry choice to CW45, an XDS, or G36. Please do not provide the "get a 1911", or provide capacity statistics, or provide other choices.... I would like info on reliability, operational ease, safety and that type of info. If you have shot, or own either that would be awesome....

1911Shooter 08-31-2012 01:59 AM

Both the G36 and the Kahr are great choices from my experience. I have not held the XD yet so I can't say on it. I myself prefer the G36 over the Kahr for everything but the trigger break, I feel that the Kahr trigger is more crisp. Ergonomics, finish, sights and aftermarket parts goes to the G36. Ease of use is equal and you should be able to conceal both easily in warm weather clothing.

Tillman7777 08-31-2012 02:11 AM

Thanks that was just the type of info I was seeking. Thanks. Thd Kahr is on Buds site for around $350.00. With that price point I was concerned about the quality....

1911Shooter 08-31-2012 02:57 AM

Kahr is very good quality :)

genesis 08-31-2012 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tillman7777 (Post 921224)
I live in central Florida and it is often hot. I currently carry either a CZ p07 in 9mm, or my FNX 40. I use a good belt and holster. On occasion i am also concealing a Bersa 380 as a back up. I have been researching 45's. I have narrowed my carry choice to CW45, an XDS, or G36. Please do not provide the "get a 1911", or provide capacity statistics, or provide other choices.... I would like info on reliability, operational ease, safety and that type of info. If you have shot, or own either that would be awesome....

Hi Tillman. Here are some gun review videos on some of your choices. Go to youtube and do a search on any gun you're interested in. You'll find a ton of videos on it.

Hope this helps.
Selper Fi !

Don <><

Kahr Arms CW45 Semi-Automatic Pistol

Springfield XDS vs Kahr CW45: Size & Feature Comparison

Springfield XD 45 vs Kahr CW 45

New Springfield XDS

Glock 36

Springfield XDs

Dillinger 08-31-2012 05:41 PM

Well, I can only advise on the XDS then.

Shot it. Hated it. Felt like a toy in my hands and the grip was so small I felt like I was strangling it to avoid launching it over my shoulder when I fired the damn thing. :o

Another of the wonders of the "put a safety on the trigger" group that some idiot from Germany developed, I hate the feeling and I think it leads to less accuracy for a lot of shooters.

The weapon was well built from what I could see. It didn't shake or rattle, fired fine and it hit what I was aiming at for the most part.

But if you gave me one right now the first I would do is sell it someone with a smaller set of hands and a Sprinfield fetish. ;)

Good luck in your search.

JD

Tillman7777 08-31-2012 06:10 PM

Thanks I will check out the videos. And that the advice on the XDS...