Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > just the bear facts

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2014, 11:52 PM   #1
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5265 Times on 2744 Posts
Likes Given: 332

Default just the bear facts

Taken from https://www.buffalobore.com/index.php?l=product_list&c=108 click to read the whole thing, its worth while

Quote:
There are many in our society who believe the life of an animal has equal or greater value than that of a human. I disagree. A bear is a wild animal, that when not threatening human life, is a wonderful sight. However, when I encounter bears that act aggressively by popping their teeth, woofing, swinging their head from side to side, charging, etc. I shoot them. I do not give them a prolonged chance to kill my wife, children, myself or any one that is with me. When I encounter bears (which I do several times per year) that run at my sight or smell, they are safe from me because I know I am safe from them. When they show aggression to humans, it is irresponsible to let them live as they will eventually permanently harm or kill someone. I don’t care that our governmental wild life agencies are protecting bears. They are generally misguided in this tactic. The notion that bears are a spiritual, magical life form that has value over human life, is a point of view that not only comes from the typical tree hugger groups/mindset, but it is coming from various fish and game agencies, more and more often. I choose to protect human life over animal life, period. The notion that bears were here before us and therefore have rights to maul us, is not only untrue, but even if it was true, I am here NOW and assert my right to be so.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

JTJ Likes This 

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-28-2014, 12:52 AM   #2

Liked 231 Times on 163 Posts

Orangello should have a nice response to that. I eagerly await his comments.

Sent from my iPad using Firearms Talk

Old 03-28-2014, 02:58 AM   #3
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8385 Times on 3628 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Are you kidding? I think 'Gello WROTE that!

What we have heah is.... failure to communicate.

Old 03-28-2014, 03:19 AM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1381 Times on 938 Posts
Likes Given: 474

I agree 100% that an aggressive bear should be put down. Some American Indians saw the bear as a god. None the less, if a bear attacked an Indian the bear was killed. Yes, the Indians felt great sorrow for the bear but taking his life was necessary. Why should we see the killing of a bear any differently?

Nothing in the affairs of men is worthy of great anxiety - Plato

People Like This 
Old 03-28-2014, 03:27 AM   #5

Liked 302 Times on 134 Posts
Likes Given: 64

I am reminded of a Heinlein quote about the environmentalists of his day that is kinda apropos to the discussion at hand:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert A Heinlein
There are hidden contradictions in the minds of people who "love Nature" while deploring the "artificialities" with which "Man has spoiled 'Nature.'" The obvious contradiction lies in their choice of words, which imply that Man and his artifacts are not part of "Nature" — but beavers and their dams are. But the contradictions go deeper than this prima-facie absurdity. In declaring his love for a beaver dam (erected by beavers for beavers' purposes) and his hatred for dams erected by men (for the purposes of men) the Naturist reveals his hatred for his own race — i.e., his own self-hatred.
In the case of "Naturists" such self-hatred is understandable; they are such a sorry lot. But hatred is too strong an emotion to feel toward them; pity and contempt are the most they rate.
As for me, willy-nilly I am a man, not a beaver, and H. sapiens is the only race I have or can have. Fortunately for me, I like being part of a race made up of men and women — it strikes me as a fine arrangement — and perfectly "natural" Believe it or not, there were "Naturists" who opposed the first flight to old Earth's Moon as being "unnatural" and a "despoiling of Nature."
Criminals are never materially handicapped by such rules; the only effect is to disarm the peaceful citizen and put him fully at the mercy of the lawless. Such rules look very pretty on paper; in practice they are as foolish and footless as the attempt of the mice to bell the cat.

Letter to Alice Dalgliesh, the editor who was censoring his manuscript for Red Planet, regarding gun control registration and control Published in 1949

Old 03-28-2014, 03:33 AM   #6
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 19832 Times on 11259 Posts
Likes Given: 49979

when you are in areas that have bears, you have moved a few steps down the food chain. most species of bears have no natural predators.

unless your name is Grizzly Adams, best to stick to a stuffed teddy bear if you want one for a pet!

Argyle_Armoring Likes This 
Old 03-29-2014, 04:43 AM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3721 Times on 2281 Posts
Likes Given: 1224

Quote:
an aggressive bear should be put down.
Why stop at bears?

Bears are capable of great violence, I agree. I would also argue this is mostly instinctual.

Some humans, on the other hand, CHOOSE to do evil. They should also be "put down."

Always have clean socks.

Argyle_Armoring Likes This 
Old 03-29-2014, 06:50 AM   #8
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6744 Times on 4074 Posts
Likes Given: 8041

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter View Post
Are you kidding? I think 'Gello WROTE that!
'Gello couldn't have written that. It said in the article that if the bear showed no aggression and walked off, he'd let it walk off. 'Gello would never do that. ALL bears would be shot if it were 'Gello.
People Like This 
Old 03-30-2014, 01:42 PM   #9
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1715 Times on 936 Posts
Likes Given: 545

Unfortunately a lot of PETA hardcore have infiltrated the fish and game departments. Others have become "advisers" to politicians and lobbyists. It is a stealth attack. I am in agreement with the original post. A wild or even domestic animal should be put down if it threatens humans. This is not to say we should go out and deliberately provoke them.

Patron Member NRA
"I would not be an old man if I had not been an armed young man." JTJ
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of feces by the clean end."

Airborne1 Likes This