Job or Personal Protection - Page 6
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Job or Personal Protection

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-14-2012, 05:35 AM   #51
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 21994 Times on 12402 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIKIJUTSU View Post
I used to work for a large corporation in Indianapolis, and carried a Charter Arms Bulldog Pug .44 special in a clip-on holster in my boot. (I wore engineer's boots to help support a weak ankle). My wife worked there too, and there was a jerk wo was after her a$$. He'd always make condescending remarks to me while she was around, and always got a $hit-eating grin on his face when he saw me. I guess the idea was that if he put me down she'd think he was Mr. Cool. I never said anything about the gun, nor acknowledged his existence. One day in a class, I was sitting near the front of the room, and all at once the instructor pointed to the floor in front of me. My Bulldog had fallen out of my boot and was lying on the floor for all to see. I put it away, and was warned after class to be sure I don't let it be seen any more. The mother of the jerk who was chasing my wife was in the classroom and saw what happened. Mr. Cool always steered clear of me after that, and so far as I know he never bothered my wife again.
i have zero respect for men who chase after a another mans wife. i have zero respect for a woman who cheats on her husband.

i sure hope Mr. Cool got the message!

Old 05-14-2012, 06:09 AM   #52

I choose to carry in spite of my companies policies. There are quite a few factors that went into this decision, but the most glaring reason is when I was in a meeting that included one of our HR managers.I asked them if someone came into my store and attacked me,would the company be there to take care of my wife and kids. I was told that other than making sure my insurance, etc. was paid out, the company had no obligation beyond that.Not that I would expect them to,but knowing I as doing everything possible to make sure I got home every night made the decision that much easier

Old 05-15-2012, 11:03 AM   #53

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

Try unarmed security, I find it to be a oxymoron.