Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Job or Personal Protection

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-12-2012, 10:53 PM   #41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 205 Times on 154 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55

i agree with the property and rights of the property owner, but feel my vehicle is an extension of my home and property. thanks to Texas having the Castle Law, that is upheld in law now. even if i leave my firearm in the truck, i am usually always close enough to get to it if the need were to arise.
Oh I do to, I think you very much have a right to keep it in your truck. Hope you did not think I meant otherwise. I personally had that argument with our personnel directed at a previous job.

Old 05-12-2012, 11:24 PM   #42

Liked 2371 Times on 1481 Posts
Likes Given: 51

In KY it is illegal for employers to ban firearms in LOCKED cars.

Oh dern....

Revelation 19:11

And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

Old 05-12-2012, 11:24 PM   #43
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 20020 Times on 11383 Posts
Likes Given: 50509

Quote:
Originally Posted by kycol View Post
Oh I do to, I think you very much have a right to keep it in your truck. Hope you did not think I meant otherwise. I personally had that argument with our personnel directed at a previous job.
i understood what you were saying and agree with you. just adding my additional thoughts to it.

that is why that every state needs a Castle Law which allows people the right to defend themselves even in the workplace. the workplace needs to be an extension also.

Old 05-12-2012, 11:27 PM   #44

Quote:

that is why that every state needs a Castle Law which allows people the right to defend themselves even in the workplace. the workplace needs to be an extension also.

Exactly, here, this makes sense. That's why it does not exist everywhere.

Oh dern....

And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

Old 05-12-2012, 11:29 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by kytowboater View Post
In KY it is illegal for employers to ban firearms in LOCKED cars.
then every employer in KY needs to be aware of this. that if a firearms is in your vehicle and locked, then it is IMO an extension of your property. but people have to challenge the companies when so many state it in their employee handgooks that posession of a firearm on company property can be grounds for termination. a few wrongful termination lawsuits for violating peoples rights will send a very clear message.

Old 05-12-2012, 11:31 PM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by kytowboater View Post
Exactly, here, this makes sense. That's why it does not exist everywhere.
some states like California and parts of New York, i just don't see it ever happening. sad the criminals will have more freedom and rights than law abiding citizens. sad but true.

Old 05-12-2012, 11:33 PM   #47

Quote:

then every employer in KY needs to be aware of this. that if a firearms is in your vehicle and locked, then it is IMO an extension of your property. but people have to challenge the companies when so many state it in their employee handgooks that posession of a firearm on company property can be grounds for termination. a few wrongful termination lawsuits for violating peoples rights will send a very clear message.
It's getting people brave enough to stand up. I told my employer that it was illegal to ban them
In cars. They told me it would result in termination, I told them to look at the law, and be prepared for a lawsuit. They have never said anything since. My truck sits for 28 days, rarely do I take a gun with me. I do travel 268 miles to work one way. When I do carry I lock that bad boy up, in pieces hidden around the truck. If it does get broke into and they Break my truck safe, they won't have everything.

Oh dern....

Old 05-13-2012, 03:05 AM   #48

Where I work they don't mind it being in your locked truck just not on u. But for 6 hrs every other Friday and 8 hrs every other Saturday I work as a security guard for them. I've talked to my stuipdvisor about if it was ok if I carry while on sg duty he told me hell if I wouldn't. We work a out 50 feet from the where the rail road company parks there trains and we've had a lot of ppl come off of the trains though our place. We've never had any instances but one never knows you know. Anyway you can find some employer that under the right cercumstances under stands that liability has to be weighed very carefully. Because i am out there by my self and it would be several hours before anyone would find me. So they've said it might not help but if i feel safer then it's ok. But just FYI I do live in LA That's lower alabama. Lol

Old 05-13-2012, 08:33 PM   #49
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1170 Times on 686 Posts
Likes Given: 1745

I used to work for a large corporation in Indianapolis, and carried a Charter Arms Bulldog Pug .44 special in a clip-on holster in my boot. (I wore engineer's boots to help support a weak ankle). My wife worked there too, and there was a jerk wo was after her a$$. He'd always make condescending remarks to me while she was around, and always got a $hit-eating grin on his face when he saw me. I guess the idea was that if he put me down she'd think he was Mr. Cool. I never said anything about the gun, nor acknowledged his existence. One day in a class, I was sitting near the front of the room, and all at once the instructor pointed to the floor in front of me. My Bulldog had fallen out of my boot and was lying on the floor for all to see. I put it away, and was warned after class to be sure I don't let it be seen any more. The mother of the jerk who was chasing my wife was in the classroom and saw what happened. Mr. Cool always steered clear of me after that, and so far as I know he never bothered my wife again.

Old 05-14-2012, 03:44 AM   #50

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIKIJUTSU
I used to work for a large corporation in Indianapolis, and carried a Charter Arms Bulldog Pug .44 special in a clip-on holster in my boot. (I wore engineer's boots to help support a weak ankle). My wife worked there too, and there was a jerk wo was after her a$$. He'd always make condescending remarks to me while she was around, and always got a $hit-eating grin on his face when he saw me. I guess the idea was that if he put me down she'd think he was Mr. Cool. I never said anything about the gun, nor acknowledged his existence. One day in a class, I was sitting near the front of the room, and all at once the instructor pointed to the floor in front of me. My Bulldog had fallen out of my boot and was lying on the floor for all to see. I put it away, and was warned after class to be sure I don't let it be seen any more. The mother of the jerk who was chasing my wife was in the classroom and saw what happened. Mr. Cool always steered clear of me after that, and so far as I know he never bothered my wife again.
I would say that was the smart thing for him to do but evidently he was an idiot anyway trying to take another man's woman that's always a bad idea