Job or Personal Protection - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Job or Personal Protection

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-02-2012, 09:59 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 201 Times on 138 Posts

Not sure if florida has this law but in indiana and kentucky if you have a valid ccw an employer cant stop you from having it in your personal vehicle even if it is in thier lot on thier property. The exception to this law is if the lot is a secure lot where you must pass through a security checkpoint to park and of course company vehicles.

If youre fired for it you can take them to court.

Century Arms AR-15A2, 5.56
1946 Mosin-Nagant M44, 7.62x54R
1978 YUGO SKS, 7.62x39
NEF Protector Pump, 12 gauge
Savage Model 64, .22LR
NEF Pardner Tracker II, 12 gauge
Rock Island Armory 1911A1, .45 ACP
Remington 870 'Express Magnum' 12 gauge
Bersa Thunder .380

Old 05-03-2012, 01:04 AM   #22
DX1

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

A court in Florida just upheld the ability of universities in the state to prohibit guns in cars that are parked on university property. The decision is being appealed. FL law allows it unless the school specifically prohibits it. Some do, some don't.

Old 05-03-2012, 03:19 AM   #23

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

I believe we should allowed to carry anywhere unless the people that say we can't carry is willing to take responsibility for whatever happens to everyone on property and pay all medical bills if something happems

Old 05-03-2012, 12:23 PM   #24

Liked 25 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 2

I would comply with the company's policy. Most companies don't allow firearms in the workplace. They aren't going to be liable if a representative of their company shoots someone or misses and hits the wrong person, etc. It also lets upper management live when they make everyone mad. I wouldn't violate a firearms policy unless I was a pizza delivery guy or a convenience store clerk in the 'hood. Getting fired for violating a firearms policy would definitely make you highly unemployable.

My Motto: Vanquish Fear & Panic!
---------------------------------
My blog: GunGator's Gun Blog

Old 05-03-2012, 12:43 PM   #25

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

That's exactly y I would carry cause another employee could come in shooting up the place and they don't take responsibility

Old 05-03-2012, 07:18 PM   #26

Liked 35 Times on 29 Posts

I would think each person must answer this for themself & circumstances would enter into it.

I worked for a company that had a no weapons policy, including limit on size of pocket knives unless it was used in your job. As a salesman, driving a company pickup even on personal business, I was always on company property. In addition to that, my customers also had restrictions, so I never carried.

But, one night I got a call from a customer with an emergency & needed some parts about 3 hours away. I had just watched a news report of an escaped & armed prisoner being hunted in that area & people were being warned to stay clear. Well, considering it'd be in the middle of the night, etc. I didn't care what my employer or my customer thought about it, I took my .357 with me. This was before concealed carry, plus the Blackhawk would have been difficult to hide anyway, but I had it on the seat beside me.

Old 05-11-2012, 07:29 PM   #27
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1273 Times on 736 Posts
Likes Given: 1937

There are several things to consider here. In some states an employer can't stop you from carrying concealed if you have a CWP/CCW. In others it is a felony to carry where there is a proper sign posted indicating that firearms are prohibited, even if you have a permit. In some of those states it is OK to have the gun in your car if it is locked in the glove box. Just make sure you understand the law where you are. If you can't legally carry at work, you need to consider the nature of the trouble you'll be in if you are caught. I personally would not take a job working in a retail store unarmed if I would be there alone at night.

Old 05-12-2012, 10:48 AM   #28

It is for sure a personal decision, but as long as you keep it concealed. No one should be the wiser. Now I would also say it depends on what the job is. If you can perform your work duties without the weapon being visable. But imho the way I look at it is. Jobs come and go, but your life you only get one of.

We spend a lot of hours of our life at work. I think it is important to be armed and prepared for anything. As much as possible

Old 05-12-2012, 03:07 PM   #29

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glocksrock
It is for sure a personal decision, but as long as you keep it concealed. No one should be the wiser. Now I would also say it depends on what the job is. If you can perform your work duties without the weapon being visable. But imho the way I look at it is. Jobs come and go, but your life you only get one of.

We spend a lot of hours of our life at work. I think it is important to be armed and prepared for anything. As much as possible
That is very true and the main reason why we need to make that choice

Old 05-12-2012, 04:50 PM   #30

Liked 9 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I carry at my job all the time. Even though the company I work for has a no gun policy. But I figure that my life is more important than that job. Plus, I don't tell them that I am carrying.