Jeez, stupid

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Jeez, stupid

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-2010, 11:12 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 22 Times on 7 Posts

Default Jeez, stupid

While I don't spend a lot of time on the local GA 2A forum much anymore, I do still lurk and see what's happening. The main reason I "left" is that it's really gotten "us vs them" regarding LEOs and the tin foil hat crowd has taken over. The topic of OC vs CC happens frequently, and a lot of these toolboxes demand we should all OC for the political impact "to help our cause".

Anyway, this one is about one of the most stupid acts I've heard about lately. The really funny part is there's a number of posts in the thread thinking this fella did good. The section of the forum this was posted in is "LEO Encounters" and contains a lot of posts about "jack booted thugs" harassing "law abiding citizens". The OP is a local LEO (that has no problems with folks carrying either OC or CC):

Quote:
A bit of a reverse encounter....

A few weeks ago, I met my wife for dinner at a local establishment within my jurisdiction. I was in uniform. A man walks in and sees me. He then continues to the front counter with his back to me. He reaches behind his back and pull his tshirt up to reveal that he's carrying a semi-auto compact pistol IWB. He intentionally fixes his shirt so that the shirt is tucked behind his handgun and leaves it there. He then turns around and looks at me a couple of times to make sure that I'm now watching him.

If it happened once, I may have thought it was unintentional. However, he covers it up and intentionally moves to uncover it TWO more times while continuing to look to make sure I notice.

Why do people feel compelled to attempt to provoke encounters with law enforcement? This type of behavior does not help anyone.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-15-2010, 11:32 AM   #2

Liked 109 Times on 46 Posts
Likes Given: 6

They are trying to provoke action by LEO's so they can be hailed as "hero's for the cause" in an attempt to embarrass law enforcement as a whole.

"As an American, I was not so shocked that Obama was given the Nobel Peace Prize without any accomplishments to his name, but that America gave him the White House based on the same credentials"...Newt Gingrich

The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.

Old 04-15-2010, 11:40 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Car54 View Post
They are trying to provoke action by LEO's so they can be hailed as "hero's for the cause" in an attempt to embarrass law enforcement as a whole.
You are absolutely correct. Personally, I think this fellas permit should be revoked for sheer stupidity. After 2 posters supported this blithering idiot's behavior, here was my comment:

Quote:
So far, 2 posters have seen no problems with this person's behavior. I expect this "hero" will step forward soon and tell us that their actions were completely necessary to further the cause. For those that say he was nervous and just adjusting the gun, read the description of the event again.

If this isn't intentionally trying to provoke an encounter - tell me what would be. This idiot is an embarrassment to all GFL holders - and theirs should be revoked for sheer stupidity...

Old 04-15-2010, 12:50 PM   #4

Just one more reply that I find hilarious and sad at the same time. This guy is attacking me for saying the idiot's permit should be pulled:

Quote:
Ahh, watch out, its the GFL Police. Do you really see what he did as a THREAT to the public? I don't.

I agree this idiot is an embarrassment to all GFL holders, and he is incredibly stupid.

This guy may be completely stupid, and the biggest idiot on the face of the earth, but I'm not going to call for his GFL to be automatically revoked for life. Hell, he may actually do something very stupid in the future that PROVES he is a threat to the public, but as of right now, just to revoke his license arbitrarily is straight out of the fascist playbook.

My guess is this kid is probably very very naive, just like I was, very new to carrying a firearm, just like I was, and GOD knows what was going through his head, and I hope somebody can get to this person to let him know what he did was COMPLETELY inappropriate, very stupid, and idiotic, even though it might not sink in for a long time.

Until he does something that proves he is a threat to the public, I say let his GFL stay where it is. Even the idiots and stupid have a right to self-defense while out in public. That doesn't mean I agree with what he did, because I DO NOT!

JUST TO MAKE THAT CLEAR. I DO NOT AGREE WITH WHAT THIS MAN DID. (Is the clear enough?)
So an armed idiot is OK with these folks and nothing should be done until they prove they are a danger - I guess that means they have to accidentally shoot someone?

Old 04-15-2010, 02:59 PM   #5

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

You get morons in the enthusiast communities for everything, and they cast the whole community in a bad light, but what these retards just don't understand is that we've got more to lose than your average hobbyists. Anyone immature and stupid enough to brandish their gun (And that's definitely the term for what happened. I applaud the LEO's restraint.) at a goddamn LEO should have it taken away on grounds of mental disability.

Ruger Mk III Competition .22 LR, S&W M&P Pro Series 9mm

Old 04-15-2010, 03:28 PM   #6
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2865 Times on 1492 Posts
Likes Given: 254

The "lack of common sense bandwagon" is getting pretty full these days.

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball

Old 04-15-2010, 09:04 PM   #7

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 9

That's why I call it "uncommon sense!"

"When in doubt [use] C4." -Jamie Hyneman (Mythbusters)

Old 04-15-2010, 10:52 PM   #8

Liked 31 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 4

This fool has a Concealed Carry Permit and brandished a weapon, intentionally. Pull his license to carry concealed for one year, during which time he is on probation and any unlawful act from j-walking to spitting in public and the suspension is for life!

Although, if there was no carry law, just 2A, this wouldn't have happened!!

This type of behavior does give a bad name to every citizen who carries responsibly!!

People get the government they deserve.

Old 04-15-2010, 11:00 PM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5733 Times on 3359 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

That just seems incredibly stupid. When i see an LEO & i look or smell like i might have been involved in a questionable activity, i casually leave the area without drawing attention to myself (OK, pretty much anytime i see an officer). It seems masochistic to provoke a response.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 04-16-2010, 12:28 AM   #10

That officer should have arrested the dude on the spot for brandishing. "Hey, he kept showing his weapon, I thought he was about to rob the place!"

Things to think about before you Open Carry
Read this before you decide to carry!