Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > IWB holsters

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2012, 04:26 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1094 Times on 655 Posts
Likes Given: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyRawTalent

That looks like a really nice glock and holster.
Thanks!! That's my EDC. I picked that up in January at a local gun show.

Old 12-03-2012, 05:40 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyRawTalent
Do you recommend inside the waistband holsters for conceal carry? I have one but haven't got to use it yet because I'm still waiting on my carry permit.
Why not wear your planned carry rig around your house until permitted. Anyone that can't be totally safe in their home and around their family shouldn't carry around someone else's. The first few times you drop your britches while carrying will provide lessons you don't want to get in a public restroom. For me at home the pistol and magazines are placed within reach on the counter while using the facilities (and, for that matter when showering). Away from home I place the hardware in document pockets in my LEO shirts. Just things like getting comfortable reclining - or setting down in a narrowish armchair - or tucking in your shirt are a different experience while packing. As they say, "You'll be glad you did." And congratulations on going for your CCW. Encourage safe, responsible friends to do the same. The more - the safer.

Old 12-03-2012, 04:01 PM   #13
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6949 Times on 4180 Posts
Likes Given: 8357

Quote:
Originally Posted by DnvrSmity View Post
Why not wear your planned carry rig around your house until permitted. Anyone that can't be totally safe in their home and around their family shouldn't carry around someone else's.
This is what I do. I live in Illinois and can't carry off my property. I 'practice' carrying at home should we ever be allowed to carry here in Illinois.

Old 12-03-2012, 04:22 PM   #14

Liked 1094 Times on 655 Posts
Likes Given: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change

This is what I do. I live in Illinois and can't carry off my property. I 'practice' carrying at home should we ever be allowed to carry here in Illinois.
Here's a saying my mom used to tell me when I was little "Wish in one hand and **** in the other!". Sorry Winds it probably will never ever happen. You have a better chance to move.

Old 12-04-2012, 02:05 AM   #15

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change

I couldn't imagine living where you live ( Illinois).

Old 12-04-2012, 04:25 PM   #16

Liked 213 Times on 171 Posts
Likes Given: 15

I prefer Comp-Tac holsters mtac series. Just like all of use you more than likely will end up buying a few before finding your perfect holster.

Old 12-04-2012, 07:02 PM   #17

Liked 285 Times on 247 Posts

Remora & stitched mouse pads is what I've tried, as well as one of those TechnaClips for my LC9 and LCP I used to have. Didn't like any of them.

Old 12-06-2012, 01:19 AM   #18

Decided to throw this one out there, I too am waiting for my permit, but have been training IWB carry in my home. I have a Glock 23 and I bought a Don Hume Leather IWB Clip on holster for it. You can pick one up for about 35 dollars or so shipped from cheaper than dirt. It's good quality leather for the money and it will get the job done. I find it to be reasonably comfortable in wearing it around the house. A larger pant size is definitely in order. The only downside is they seem to frequently sell out but they have them available for most popular handgun models.

Old 12-06-2012, 03:55 AM   #19

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

i'm a new ccl holder too and although i have not spent money on a lot of holsters, i did spend a lot of time researching. my main priority was concealment and comfort. i ended up with the n82 tactical professional holster. i must give credit to those who gave out their testimonies about how comfortable this holster is... it's true, you hardly feel any discomfort wearing it and it secures and conceals your firearm nicely. here's a sneak peak...

image-269789021.jpg  

Old 12-06-2012, 04:11 AM   #20

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

I use a Gould Model 810. They (IWB rigs) do take a little getting used to bu tI really think most all holsters do.

They can be had around 50 bucks these days I believe....

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson