Irony - Page 2

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Irony

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-17-2012, 09:44 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOVA View Post
I cannot help but wonder what is it about your wife that attracted two men inside the same store. Does she dress in provocative attire?

You did not ask for advice, but have you considered you and your wife taking self defense courses? I suggest this as a way of getting training on not only how to handle potentially dangerous people, but also how to avoid getting into a dangerous situatuion in the first place.
Nova,

She wasn't dressed in provocative clothing. She thinks the one guy saw that she was by herself and in an aisle where there weren't many people around. She said he seemed pretty intent on getting to her purse. The other guy may have meant no harm, but the first incident shook her up and she become a little paranoid she said. Regardless, it got her thinking about a lot of things. She is considering enrolling her an my daughters in a self defense course. There is one being offered fairly close to our home, but it happens to be on a night she can't be there. We're looking into others.

Thanks for the responses everyone.

Old 02-17-2012, 09:45 PM   #12

Liked 26 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 67

From what I read in this report, your wife made the best and correct personal protection move that could have been made without pulling a gun. Getting a CCW and pulling a gun would be the last resort for personal protection.

Old 02-23-2012, 03:19 PM   #13

0ne thought: first line of defense is tactical awareness. She saw the threat. Second line is attitude, never show fear. Project ability and willingness to take on and dominate any threat. Give em that New York street look and see how they like that. Seek out an employee/manager and point out the individuals taking them to task. Just something to think on.

Old 02-24-2012, 06:12 PM   #14
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1274 Times on 736 Posts
Likes Given: 1937

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryel View Post
0ne thought: first line of defense is tactical awareness. She saw the threat. Second line is attitude, never show fear. Project ability and willingness to take on and dominate any threat. Give em that New York street look and see how they like that. Seek out an employee/manager and point out the individuals taking them to task. Just something to think on.
And also let the perp see her pointing him out. He may get the hint, or become embarassed, and leave.

Old 02-24-2012, 06:33 PM   #15
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 897 Times on 546 Posts
Likes Given: 202

Telling her to walk out with a group is a bad idea. Stay inside and alert a manager.

And I'm sorry Nova, but a woman's attire should never be an issue.

Back on topic, sometimes it can take a personal event for people to finally get on board. My wife will sometimes carry, IMO depends on me too much. It was event in a parking lot near Christmas that got her attention tho... and mine. Mine because I allowed my situation awareness to drift, hers because she allowed up to get separated.

Old 02-24-2012, 06:42 PM   #16
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7331 Times on 4411 Posts
Likes Given: 9024

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOVA View Post
If she keeps it in her waste NO ONE will want to touch it. However, keeping it closer to her waist might be a good idea.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimogden1984 View Post
Ya, that's what I meant haha
Rofl!! That was pretty funny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWray View Post
I agree that if she gets a CCW,she should keep the gun on her person. I know that alot of women dont want to carry on their person because they dont like the fact of having to dress around the gun. I am not an advocate of women keeping their CCW inside their purse. A purse is a loose article and is easily snatched or able to be knocked away. I watch my wife all the time, when we are at the store she will put her purse in the shopping cart and will sometimes walk away to look at something if im standing there, that is "no bueno". Just make sure that whatever she chooses to do, she keeps her CCW close to her at all times....good luck with everything
If I ever conceal carry in the future, the gun will be on my person. I agree that keeping a gun in a purse is a bad idea. You are potentially arming a purse snatcher.

Old 02-24-2012, 08:19 PM   #17

Liked 16 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by partdeux View Post
Telling her to walk out with a group is a bad idea. Stay inside and alert a manager.

And I'm sorry Nova, but a woman's attire should never be an issue...
I agree it SHOULD NOT be an issue. I would hope in this day and age that people were no longer judged by their appearances. Problem is, I believe people still DO judge others by the way they are dressed. Ain't saying it's right. Bottom line is if a person wants to draw attention to themselves, they can wear clothing which really stands out and turns heads. Conversely, if people would rather avoid attention in public a more conservative manner of dress is less likely to get them noticed.

Last edited by NOVA; 02-24-2012 at 08:22 PM.