Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Iowa's New Concealed Carry Law

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2011, 09:47 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 685 Times on 367 Posts
Likes Given: 46

Default Iowa's New Concealed Carry Law

Asked here a few times and no one knew so thought I would throw this out.

The county sheriff no longer has the authority too restrict concealed carry times and restrictions (as our local sheriff was doing by allowing them legal only when hunting, trapping, and target shooting).

All permit holders can renew their permit for $25 IF they have taken the class with in the past 12 months. All others must retake the test.

Also, many towns are passing ordinances restricting concealed carry. Keep in mind that no local laws/ordinances are legally permitted to restrict permitted state laws. They are permitted to allow more leniency in some state laws, but are not legally allowed to restrict them.

I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man.
~George Washington

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-14-2011, 04:24 AM   #2

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts

Good to hear.

DON'T BUY DELL!!!!!

BEWARE!!! The toes you step on today may be connected to the ass you kiss tomorrow.

PM Tango about his upcoming SHARTFOO courses.

Old 02-14-2011, 04:34 AM   #3

Liked 31 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 4

A move in the right direction!! Good job Iowa!!

People get the government they deserve.

Old 02-14-2011, 10:34 AM   #4

Doesn't Iowa still have a DUTY to Retreat Law before standing your ground? I'm pretty sure they do.

Just a couple bug guns.

Old 02-14-2011, 12:29 PM   #5

Liked 685 Times on 367 Posts
Likes Given: 46

That one I don't know about. This is the first I have heard of it. I would assume though that if something ever did get bad enough that I would have to pull a fire arm, the other person really should have a duty to retreat.

I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man.
~George Washington