interesting occurrence tonight - Page 7
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > interesting occurrence tonight

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-04-2013, 09:48 PM   #61
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5001 Times on 2426 Posts
Likes Given: 1601

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc3402 View Post
I can't see us reaching a happy conclusion on this subject in general, so if it's okay with you, let's call it a draw. I certainly don't oppose open carry under most circumstances. I just don't see it for me for several reasons. Besides the ones I mentioned in my previous post, there is a matter of health for me. With my heart disease I have serious doubts about whether I could fight someone over possession of my gun. For that reason alone keeping it hidden is the wiser choice for me.
Sure we can. It's already a happy conclusion as I was not looking to convince others to OC. It's a personal choice so to each there own.

My only point was that all of us "myself included" have at some time questioned or opposed some OC activities and in doing so allow our adversaries to divide us.

I simply wish to see all 2A supporters support ALL 2A supporters regardless of whether or not their activities are our cup of tea.

Tack
Old 05-05-2013, 01:57 AM   #62

Liked 136 Times on 123 Posts
Likes Given: 33

Everyone had made some excellent points...but there is one that sticks out to me more than any other....standing by one another s personal decision to bear arms. As long as it is within the law to do so...all 2A supporters must stand beside one another. I am the OP...i started this conversation because I was confused by what I saw. Many of you're view points made me laugh hysterically but at the end of the day..I do agree that we must stand beside one another with whatever decision we choose OC, CC, with handcuffs or without.

-AP

“The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it.”
― Thomas Jefferson

“The constitution shall never be construed...to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.”
― Alexander Hamilton

People Like This 
Old 05-05-2013, 03:12 AM   #63

Liked 28 Times on 17 Posts

As much as I disagree with Tack about thugs being afraid of engaging an armed citizen (they shoot cops, don't they?), the important point here and the one we can and should rally around is that liberty and freedom rule above all.

As much as I may disagree with what anyone may say in these forums or anywhere else, the freedom to say or do something I disagree with or disapprove of (as long as it does not violate our constitution) is a right I will defend with words or action.

Let's focus on what we can agree on, and I think that is that exercising constitutional rights is not subject to anyone's opinion.

Old 05-05-2013, 03:52 AM   #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by nixfix View Post
As much as I disagree with Tack about thugs being afraid of engaging an armed citizen (they shoot cops, don't they?), the important point here and the one we can and should rally around is that liberty and freedom rule above all.

As much as I may disagree with what anyone may say in these forums or anywhere else, the freedom to say or do something I disagree with or disapprove of (as long as it does not violate our constitution) is a right I will defend with words or action.

Let's focus on what we can agree on, and I think that is that exercising constitutional rights is not subject to anyone's opinion.
Bingo... Nuff Said!

Tack

Old 05-05-2013, 04:06 AM   #65

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by apwvsd40ve View Post
Agree c3...that's what struck me as odd. The other stuff..well if you want that much hangin' off of you at once thats your business..but thought the cuffs were a little much.
I don't want too sound like I had a problem with it...hell I would open carry if it was more socially accepted...guess it was just basically full LEO gear belts with Jeans and tucked in tshirts..haha
You will have to do it to make it "more socially accepted."

Old 05-05-2013, 04:21 AM   #66

Liked 136 Times on 123 Posts
Likes Given: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by langenc View Post
You will have to do it to make it "more socially accepted."
agreed! I am working myself towards that now. After this discussion and some thinking on my part. This may be something that I make more common in my life. The only down-side to OC vs. CC here is that OC applies in public...but in an automobile, they rely on DNR laws...which means that without CC license...a handgun must be unloaded and locked in a case. Magazines can be loaded but cannot be with the firearm. makes OC slightly more difficult.

-AP

“The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it.”
― Thomas Jefferson

“The constitution shall never be construed...to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.”
― Alexander Hamilton

Old 05-05-2013, 03:10 PM   #67
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 191 Times on 128 Posts

My whole point Tack was that these two, with the rig they had, were just doing it for attention. There is no need for all that. I fully support ones right to OC but the desire by some is not to protect. This couldn't be more obvious if they had a sign that said Look At Me.

If guns kill people, mine are defective.

Old 05-05-2013, 03:32 PM   #68

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

AP/squak--

My state has 'infringements' also. Any vehicular carry is concealled. To OC in vehicle must have infringement of CPL=concealled pistol license.

So what if "they were just wanting attention??" Why does it seem that the cops apparently 'pick on em'. Stand together or fall seperately. Shotgunners vs rifle shooters-it happens here regularly.

Old 05-05-2013, 03:51 PM   #69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squawk View Post
My whole point Tack was that these two, with the rig they had, were just doing it for attention. There is no need for all that. I fully support ones right to OC but the desire by some is not to protect. This couldn't be more obvious if they had a sign that said Look At Me.
Squawk... I understand but my point is "who cares"... Judging others "legal activity" is the realm of "enlightened liberals" who think they look smart by questioning others "need" to do whatever it is there doing.

Libs use this tool to demonize...

Hunting. "Who needs to kill an animal when we have supermarkets?"
AR's. "Who needs a 30 round magazine?"
Christianity. "Who needs Christ when we have the Kardashians?"

Ect... Ect... Ect...

I think most gun owners consider themselves 2A advocates but advocacy is a learning process and far too often we fall for the same desire to sound smart by questioning need.

Tack
Old 05-05-2013, 04:09 PM   #70

Liked 749 Times on 477 Posts
Likes Given: 586

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeyondTheBox View Post
Like you, I open carry when outdoors normally, and have, on a couple of occasions, done so about town. I don't much like doing it in the city, makes me feel nervous and over protective and aware.
Plus, I don't like being scoped out as the first target.

The comments made herein are those solely of this writer and in no way reflect the opinions of any other person, agency, or entity.