interesting occurrence tonight - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > interesting occurrence tonight

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-02-2013, 09:20 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1139 Times on 730 Posts
Likes Given: 246

Open carry is like the balls out skit on you tube.

Personally, I think open carry sends a wrong message. Concealed carry sends no message, which is how I like it.
Doc3402 Likes This 
Old 05-02-2013, 11:08 AM   #22

Liked 136 Times on 123 Posts
Likes Given: 33

I love all of the perspectives....I am still toRN this morning as to my feelings on it. I agree with being prepared...and Tack makes a good point that the created doubt worked in this instance. Seeing open carry here in WV is becoming rather common....maybe because I pay closer attention to my surroundings...or maybe Bc of the focus by many of us on 2A rights. Either way, I see it a lot lately. These young men did not cause trouble or give anyone any reason to think they would...actually scanning the large crowd, no one seemed to mind...my focus was more on the amount of gear they had attached to their belts than anything else. Thanks for all your thoughts.

For me, I think once the time comes to carry for me (once I obtain my ccw permit)....I will stick to concealed handgun and my pockets for the extra equipment..lol...bUT to each their own.

“The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it.”
― Thomas Jefferson

“The constitution shall never be construed...to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.”
― Alexander Hamilton

Old 05-02-2013, 12:13 PM   #23

Liked 3617 Times on 2066 Posts
Likes Given: 2518

400 hp, 150mph, binge drinking, steroids, "tough mudder", open carry, skull tatoos, extra mags, loud cars and motorcycles, handcuffs, extreme sports, etc., etc. = manly men!!

Younguns will be younguns. They just want everyone to know that they are MEN!! It never really changes.

Old 05-02-2013, 12:22 PM   #24

Liked 2139 Times on 1173 Posts
Likes Given: 1387

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter View Post
Cuffs are for LEOs, Bail Bondsmen, and kinky sex.
The head housekeeper at my hotel is 83 years old. Not kidding. She has a pair of stainless steel handcuffs with furry pink padding hanging above the desk in her office. Pretty sure they were found in a room.
Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.

Old 05-02-2013, 12:40 PM   #25

Liked 2414 Times on 1504 Posts
Likes Given: 51

I know my brother has to have his badge when he carries off duty.

Revelation 19:11

And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

Old 05-02-2013, 12:48 PM   #26
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1932 Times on 1369 Posts
Likes Given: 2183

It's a good thing Travon Martin wasn't in line..........Two arse holes that'll end up dead, and maybe thier friends as well..............These two may well get thier wish, then wish they would have stayed home playing video games..............
Old 05-03-2013, 03:48 AM   #27

Liked 5012 Times on 2430 Posts
Likes Given: 1601

I've carried concealed daily for the last 17 years and used to be very opposed to OC but that attitude, for me, has changed. I actually attended my first OC Rally last weekend, met Sheriff Mac, and enjoyed good conversation with OC FOLKS from every walk of life.

I was pleasantly surprised by the almost "church" like comradarie amongst everyone in attendance and plan to attend more of these...

Tack

Quote:
Originally Posted by apwvsd40ve View Post
I love all of the perspectives....I am still toRN this morning as to my feelings on it. I agree with being prepared...and Tack makes a good point that the created doubt worked in this instance. Seeing open carry here in WV is becoming rather common....maybe because I pay closer attention to my surroundings...or maybe Bc of the focus by many of us on 2A rights. Either way, I see it a lot lately. These young men did not cause trouble or give anyone any reason to think they would...actually scanning the large crowd, no one seemed to mind...my focus was more on the amount of gear they had attached to their belts than anything else. Thanks for all your thoughts.

For me, I think once the time comes to carry for me (once I obtain my ccw permit)....I will stick to concealed handgun and my pockets for the extra equipment..lol...bUT to each their own.
People Like This 
Old 05-03-2013, 03:57 AM   #28

Liked 2414 Times on 1504 Posts
Likes Given: 51

I open carry every now and then, two spare mags as well. If my friends and I are out in the woods we do for sure. Around town it's a seldom thing, but I feel no unease about it.

Revelation 19:11

And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.
Tackleberry1 Likes This 
Old 05-03-2013, 04:16 AM   #29

Liked 295 Times on 254 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kytowboater View Post
I open carry every now and then, two spare mags as well. If my friends and I are out in the woods we do for sure. Around town it's a seldom thing, but I feel no unease about it.
Like you, I open carry when outdoors normally, and have, on a couple of occasions, done so about town. I don't much like doing it in the city, makes me feel nervous and over protective and aware.
Tackleberry1 Likes This 
Old 05-03-2013, 04:19 AM   #30

Liked 1617 Times on 945 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

I can't help but see the humor in this. Cuffs are too much but a BUG in an ankle rig is OK. Or maybe the don't take my rights to have my guns but only present them in a manner I agree with. I have to admit the humor is close to needing to clean my monitor.

I personally think carrying a double stack pistol with an extra mag or two is a bit much. Unless you have a neighbor that has a wide open meth den or maybe an outlaw biker club house anyway. But to each their own.

How many here have said when seconds count police are only minutes away? How many told Finstien (at a safe distance) to keep her pole smoker closed when it comes to Americans rights? The logic reminds me of the Who needs an AR15 anyway? Who needs handcuffs?...Hmmmmmm

Most of us have said we take our own safety as our responsibility. How one chooses to do so while within the law while might look stupid is still within their rights. And we of all people should not be should not be using the mind set that those that wish to take our rights use to limit us.

Sure it looks like overkill, so does 30+ rounds and a BUG. But as long as thy are not breaking a law they are just taking their rights out for a little exorcise.
At least the OC people are trying to do something. They are showing that a guy with a gun does not have to be some nut killer. But maybe OC is wrong. If that is the case then I guess we as a group have no issue with it becoming illegal....?
People Like This