Interesting meeting at Tire Barn - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Interesting meeting at Tire Barn

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-26-2013, 12:29 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 9208 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Oh no, criminals have super human reflexes and senses. They're like a walking death to anyone who could possibly be a threat. The only options anyone has are to cower in the corner, or cower in the corner until they see an opening to draw their deeply concealed firearm and begin the process of gunfighting ninjering these roving gangs of super villains.

(More green sarcasm font needed)

Old 08-26-2013, 12:34 PM   #22

Look, you may not realize it because you're a bit newer here, but green font is sarcasm. I can't use green font from my phone, hence the note.

Myself and Balota are two of the biggest open carry proponents here, because that's how WE carry.

I'm being a sarcastic ass about the way so many people argue against it.

I'd recommend looking back through the many threads on the matter. You'll see. I get mean about people telling me I'm making myself a target or that I'm trying to be macho. And I have a tendency of bringing out the ass hole in people who do so.

Old 08-26-2013, 12:58 PM   #23
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2446 Times on 1341 Posts
Likes Given: 336

Knew it was sarcasm. Assumed it was directed at me.

Not interested in reading dead threads though.

I wish a ninja navy seal bad guy would punch me in the head and knock me out right now though. Maybe I could fall asleep then. Nothing coherent coming out of me till I get a good 8 hours of sleep. Until then, keep your open carry nunchucks handy sir. I may snap at any moment and revert over to the dark side.

"...it is ...ALIVE!!!"

Old 08-26-2013, 01:05 PM   #24

It was in response to you, but not necessarily directed at you. Directed more towards the hard core "you're making a target of yourself" folks, and the ones who like to say, "open carriers just want to play Rambo, they have a macho man complex"

**** that. I open carry because it's the legal method I have available until I can save up the money to pay off the infringement upon my 2A rights (buy a concealed carry permit). Balota open carries because that's what he's most comfortable with right now.

I don't think anyone who's seen a picture of either of us would ever say we're "macho men wannabes".

Old 08-26-2013, 01:29 PM   #25
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2446 Times on 1341 Posts
Likes Given: 336

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286
It was in response to you, but not necessarily directed at you. Directed more towards the hard core "you're making a target of yourself" folks, and the ones who like to say, "open carriers just want to play Rambo, they have a macho man complex"

**** that. I open carry because it's the legal method I have available until I can save up the money to pay off the infringement upon my 2A rights (buy a concealed carry permit). Balota open carries because that's what he's most comfortable with right now.

I don't think anyone who's seen a picture of either of us would ever say we're "macho men wannabes".
Most people I know who open carry do it out of convenience and/or lack of a comfortable way to conceal their firearm. I haven't had the "pleasure" of running across any of the nuttier types.

I find a lot of the really anti-open carry guys to be way wackier actually. Too many of them act like they have Rambo's explosive tipped arrows loaded in their carefully concealed 5-shot revolvers. Or that their .380 mouse gun is the "little cricket" off of men in black.

"...it is ...ALIVE!!!"

Old 08-26-2013, 01:36 PM   #26

Liked 2062 Times on 1140 Posts
Likes Given: 1361

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
Thank you. I tire of the debate myself. I believe I bring out the ass hole in people when it comes to this discussion.
Hey Trip, lets be real here man. There are plenty of people here that don't need you to bring out the a$$hole in them. It just comes naturally.

Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.

Old 08-26-2013, 02:03 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaF View Post

Most people I know who open carry do it out of convenience and/or lack of a comfortable way to conceal their firearm. I haven't had the "pleasure" of running across any of the nuttier types.

I find a lot of the really anti-open carry guys to be way wackier actually. Too many of them act like they have Rambo's explosive tipped arrows loaded in their carefully concealed 5-shot revolvers. Or that their .380 mouse gun is the "little cricket" off of men in black.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick1967 View Post

Hey Trip, lets be real here man. There are plenty of people here that don't need you to bring out the a$$hole in them. It just comes naturally.
Ha ha ha! Lol, you guys got me laughing on a ****ty Monday morning, thanks!

Last edited by trip286; 08-26-2013 at 02:09 PM.

Old 08-26-2013, 02:22 PM   #28
FAA licensed bugsmasher
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2390 Times on 1284 Posts
Likes Given: 858

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
Look, you may not realize it because you're a bit newer here, but green font is sarcasm. I can't use green font from my phone, hence the note.
Green font is sarcasm? I must have missed that memo.

Scott

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato
Join the NRA

Old 08-26-2013, 03:08 PM   #29
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 1435 Times on 727 Posts
Likes Given: 1050

It's like your fly. Open or closed. Theres a time and place for everything.

Old 08-26-2013, 03:18 PM   #30
I used to play keyboards, but now...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 2525 Times on 1534 Posts
Likes Given: 2615

Quote:
Originally Posted by JW357 View Post
I agree with this. I think most bad guys are too caught up in themselves and their "plan" to notice someone open carrying. I feel like they would notice cops, though. The uniform speaks loudly.

We, as CCWers and OCers notice these things. Bad guys, and the average person, prolly does not. My opinion, of course.
I've been OC since Nov 1 when Oklahoma open carry went into effect. I've started watching people as they approach me in grocery stores, Walmart, etc. Most of them don't react at all and most don't look.

Avoiding the appearance of eye contact is a habit for many people. In the process of avoiding that, awareness of surroundings is reduced. That's one of the habits that makes it difficult for people to develop situation awareness.

Balota
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." 2nd Amendment to the Constitution of the United States
Practice does NOT make perfect. Practice makes permanent. Only perfect practice makes perfect.

Check out 5th FTF Shoot & Hoot.http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f138/5th-ftf-shotgun-shoot-hoot-vanzant-mo-apr-11-12-2015-a-109479/