input on vacation carry - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > input on vacation carry

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2014, 04:35 AM   #11
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 150 Times on 88 Posts
Likes Given: 197

Pretty much everything Rick1967 stated regarding CO applies to KS as well, except we do have very specific guidelines in place as to what constitutes an official "no guns" sign. If the sign is legit and you get caught carrying, it's a potential misdemeanor and carry suspension. Not sure how that would effect an out of state guest though.

Old 02-26-2014, 01:08 PM   #12

Liked 3136 Times on 1872 Posts
Likes Given: 2184

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick1967 View Post
Colorado does not have actual requirements for certain types of signs. But the signs don't carry the weight of law anyway. If you ignore them they can tell you to leave. If you leave without making an argument there is not much they can do. If you argue, then it becomes trespassing.
good info. thanks!

this are the kind of regional differences that are good to know. exactly what i was hoping to learn in this thread.

in texas, the signs must be specific or they can be ignored. but not signs are required at places CCW holders should know not to carry (like schools, gov buildings).

Old 02-26-2014, 01:49 PM   #13

Liked 2005 Times on 1105 Posts
Likes Given: 1341

I think that Texas does not allow cc in churches. Colorado almost requires it.

Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.

Old 02-26-2014, 02:35 PM   #14
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 565 Times on 339 Posts
Likes Given: 235

Actually the church thing for Texas is old info. You now can. Don't know when exactly it changed.

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk

Practice doesn't make perfect, it make permanent.

When I hear a Liberal say "I can speak for gun owners because I own a shotgun" I just want to scream "Well I can speak for vegetarians because I like lettuce on my cheeseburger!"