Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f17/)
-   -   Indiana personal protection hangun permit (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f17/indiana-personal-protection-hangun-permit-76451/)

redneckdaddy 11-15-2012 07:29 PM

Indiana personal protection hangun permit
 
I applied for my handgun permit on the 24th of oct and on the 27th of oct i paid my local dues and they said I would be getting it in two weeks unless there is a problem but I have not received it yet. Is this common?

Fathead00 11-15-2012 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redneckdaddy
I applied for my handgun permit on the 24th of oct and on the 27th of oct i paid my local dues and they said I would be getting it in two weeks unless there is a problem but I have not received it yet. Is this common?

I think my permit took 4-6 weeks, if I remember correctly. I'm in Northwest Indiana.

fmj 11-15-2012 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redneckdaddy (Post 1015702)
I applied for my handgun permit on the 24th of oct and on the 27th of oct i paid my local dues and they said I would be getting it in two weeks unless there is a problem but I have not received it yet. Is this common?

the state has up to six weeks to confirm or deny. If they deny you will receive a refund instead of the permit. Patience young padiwan, patience.

What type did you apply for? 4 year or lifetime?

Could be something to the effect that you have very common name or there might be something in your past they are looking at closer.

magnumman 11-15-2012 08:57 PM

You guys have lifetime permits? That is great, I wish pa would go that route

redneckdaddy 11-15-2012 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fmj

the state has up to six weeks to confirm or deny. If they deny you will receive a refund instead of the permit. Patience young padiwan, patience.

What type did you apply for? 4 year or lifetime?

Could be something to the effect that you have very common name or there might be something in your past they are looking at closer.

I applied for the lifetime. Did the electronic finger printing and they said it was faster and only took 2 weeks to get it too you. I didn't know how long the state has being I was told I would have them in two weeks.

dragunovsks 11-16-2012 01:37 AM

Hell my renewal took 12 weeks, I had the four year for one cycle and renewed for a lifetime. They said they were backed up and processing as fast as possible.

Just be patient, it'll come.

I'm in the deep south BTW, on the river, just west of Louisville ky.

jake1 11-16-2012 01:38 AM

Be glad it's only been 2 weeks. Here in New Mexico it takes months. In myself am on week 13 since I submitted paperwork and fees. Could still be another 3 weeks. Consider yourself lucky

fmj 11-16-2012 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dragunovsks (Post 1016119)
Hell my renewal took 12 weeks, I had the four year for one cycle and renewed for a lifetime. They said they were backed up and processing as fast as possible.

Just be patient, it'll come.

I'm in the deep south BTW, on the river, just west of Louisville ky.

This is probably the best explanation. With the erection and all the uncertainty surrounding it. (John Gregg being a liberal and all) I would be willing to bet ISP has been SWAMPED the past couple months with lifetime apps.

If you have no felonies, no dui's or other "dark" marks on your record i would suggest being patient.

12 weeks you say? Hell, it took 'em less than a week to get mine to me. But then again i have had my permit for 12 years before renewing for my lifetime...and i did my lifetime a few years ago.

My buddy did his application late last year/the beginning of this year and it took 'em 3 weeks to get him his.

They are generally very fast...so i am guessing they are way backed up.

fmj 11-16-2012 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by magnumman (Post 1015828)
You guys have lifetime permits? That is great, I wish pa would go that route

One of many reason i LOVE my adoptive state of IN. It hasnt always been as liberty friendly as she is now...i (as well as many others) have been working diligently to get the course reversed for the past 20+ years. When i moved here in late 88 IN was a hot mess! IN debt and not very liberty friendly.

dragunovsks 11-16-2012 05:48 PM

My dad hot his last summer and it seemed like it came in about 3 weeks.


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:15 AM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.