Imminent Threat, What to Carry? - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Imminent Threat, What to Carry?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-28-2011, 03:29 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1424 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Your number one option for personal security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.

In the immortal words of Clint Smith, "The #1 rule of a gun fight is to AVOID IT! The best example of good training is to never get in a fight."

Most folks believe the first rule of a gunfight is to have a gun. That is not correct! Clint Smith would be the first to tell you, "Gunfighting Rule No. 1 is if there is any way possible to avoid a gunfight, do it. Anyone carrying a firearm for self defense who doesn't adhere to this rule needs to re-think the whole aspect of carrying."

If you go hunting for hunters, insist they "call out" a count, because if you miss just one...you will die.

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 07-28-2011, 03:38 AM   #22
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5734 Times on 3360 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

The GTHO option seems wisest, but i would be carrying whenever possible and maximizing that carry-possible time until and after the relocation. Have you considered some video surveillance for your home & parking area in the mean time; it isn't nearly as expensive as it was in the past.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 07-28-2011, 03:43 AM   #23

Liked 32 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 4

File for the restraining order, arm and be prepared to defend yourself, get an alarm system for the house and your car, move to the opposite side of the country, report every threat he makes, dump the girlfriend or if she has no one to protect her, take her with you, practice situational awareness at all times and finally; do not place yourself in harms way unless it is unavoidable and absolutely necessary.

Just to sum up!

People get the government they deserve.

Old 07-28-2011, 04:19 AM   #24

Knowing which gang he is a member would be helpful.

Talking about going on the attack is not a good idea on the internet. Even talking about arming for an imminent attack is ammo for the prosecution.

I would leave the area if I was not under police protection.

Old 07-28-2011, 02:35 PM   #25

Liked 18 Times on 16 Posts

I never said I was planning anything offensively. I work for the government (not LE but important enough) and my character is not an issue. I have made it very clear that I am already afraid for my life and have attempted to de-escalate and ignore the situation. However with a direct threat being made to my life I am simply asking the advice of more experienced gun owning citizens the best armament to protect my life if necessary. Luckily they have zero idea where I live or what I drive. I just don't like the idea of someone looking for me, no matter how small the chances of them finding me. Thank you all for your advice

In god we trust, all others we monitor...

Old 07-28-2011, 02:40 PM   #26

Liked 48 Times on 32 Posts
Likes Given: 1

S A and practice are your friends.

Old 07-28-2011, 02:52 PM   #27
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 469 Times on 258 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Practice all you want, but don't become over confident in the fact that you are able to perform at a range flawlessly. When the time comes and you are involved in a real situation it will be quite different.
Seems to me you need to find new people to hang out with or move to another place.
You have way too many run ins or near incidents with gangbangers. It is like you are wanting a reason to use your weapon.
Your best weapon is your mind

Old 07-28-2011, 03:22 PM   #28

Liked 18 Times on 16 Posts

lol, I like how some people act like it's my fault... I live in Vegas. First place I lived here some *******s tried to kick my door in, now this. I lived in Orange County for 29 years and never had a problem....

In god we trust, all others we monitor...

Old 07-28-2011, 04:22 PM   #29

Diz, it ain't your fault unless you count messing with a woman with a crazy ex. Just carry what you can hit with and document everything. That's all you can do. Or you can do what the Liberals would like and reason with them. I'm sure that he would be open to discussing this like rational people...insert sarcasm where necessary.

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."

Dr. Adrian Rogers, 1931 – 2005

Old 07-28-2011, 05:36 PM   #30

Liked 838 Times on 464 Posts
Likes Given: 1735

You mentioned threats on Facebook... Shut it down now!! Also twitter, blogging and any other alternative media they can connect to you. If they have your phone number, get a new one today!! If any more threats do come in save them and report to local LE immediately!!
..... I also recommend a Ruger p95 in 9mm 15 + 1 capacity with defense rounds (Hornandy makes great stuff!!)... Keep an extra mag (loaded of course) close at hand. Practice and get proficiant... Don't talk about it, brandish it about, or show it even to "friends" ....Keep it concealed until you are FORCED to use it.... Then in a survival situation where you have no alternative... don't hesitate, pull it, shoot straight, shoot to kill!!

If you are still alive afterwards, say NOTHING to the police. Insist on getting a lawyer. Talk to him or her ONLY!! Good luck pard... I'll pray for your safety.

Last edited by NC1760; 07-28-2011 at 07:49 PM.